VtM: Bloodlines 2 - E3 Gameplay Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 extended gameplay trailer.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is the successor to the cult-classic Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and features reactive storytelling, fast-paced combat, and compelling characters with their own hidden motives. Created in an act of vampiric insurrection, players start the game as a fledgling Thinblood whose existence ignites a war among the vampire factions in Seattle.

To survive in vampire society, players will enter into uneasy alliances with Seattle's factions and join one of the full-blood vampire clans while stalking the city streets for prey, maneuvering complex political relationships, and balancing the need for blood against their withering humanity. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will launch on PC and consoles in 2020 and is now available for pre-order. To learn more about Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, please visit www.bloodlines2.com.
More information.

Looks rough, faces and animations, lip-sync - quite bad (the first game did those quite well, for its time). Not that i usually care too much, but in games which focuses a lot on characters and interaction with them i'd say it's a bit more important.

Like the previous game the world looks really dead, there are no cars driving even though it takes place in a big city. Even all super hero games which takes place in a city have cars driving around so that it looks like a proper city. In a RPG which tries to be immersive its even more important that you get these details right i think.

Probably decent if you enjoyed the previous game (which i thought was overrated). At least it shouldn't have those super tiny areas with loading times every 2-3 minutes, that kind of killed it for me.

Looks pretty solid ( tbh, I'm more interested in this, than Outer worlds).
Ambiance is there and powers seem way more interesting than in previous game.

The thread wouldn't be complete unless vurt stopped by to tell us how bad it looks. ;)

He's just upset it takes place in the city ( so he can't run it with one of his flora overhauls). :)

The thread wouldn't be complete unless vurt stopped by to tell us how bad it looks. ;)

If it's a really good game then it doesn't really matter too much anyways, but yes i like to comment on graphics, good and bad. I also found the thing with no cars odd (apart from parked ones, like in the previous game), i mean it's been a few years since the last game. Things might still change though.

I don't think this game is even in Alpha yet. It's a long way from being finished. I wouldn't expect it to be very detailed at this point.

I don't think this game is even in Alpha yet. It's a long way from being finished. I wouldn't expect it to be very detailed at this point.

I think it looks quite good. Not every game is going to look like Cyberpunk 2077. It's more than adequate imo, even if it barely improves graphically.

To me it seems that they're trying too hard to make it look dark, gloomy and lifeless.
The lack of driving cars is indeed one of the symptoms.

Of course in a vampire game this atmosphere is desirable. But if it's done too clumsy, immersion suffers.

This looks very promising. Definitely higher in my list than anything else E3 has showed. They need to work a bit on animations, but the watermark says "pre-alpha", so I'm pretty sure it'll look much more polished when it's release time.

This looks extremely promising! I've been waiting for a VtM:Bloodlines squeal for so long, and from what I've seen so far, this really doesn't disappoint. I hope the streets do have a little more traffic once it's out of alpha, though you can clearly see a moving car at 0:34 so it's clearly possible.

I also noticed bad lip sync, also facial animations during conversations are almost non existent (this was one of the best parts of Bloodlines 1). Dialogue was also not very interesting.

Combat was OKish, but the person playing was bad. He/she used a controller and played like if it was me playing with a controller (terrible). I did notice how in that fight vs Slugg and goons there were way too many goons (and more kept spawning in…). Worst parts of Bloodlines 1 were endgame parts where you had to wade through armies of goons instead of some meaningful gameplay.

I hope release version is noticeably improved over this.

On the bottom of video, there is clearly mentioned "PRE-ALPHA GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE".
So I suppose this can give us some idea about overall graphic design and atmosphere, but hardly anything else. Expecting perfect lip-sync or facial animations in such video is sort of funny ...

The atmosphere is almost identical to Bloodlines 1 - which is a good thing for me, but with what seems to be larger world and traversal.

Doesn't look bad. This is not "AAA", so a lot of rough edges are expected.
Facial animations are not great ( they weren't in previous either, they were simply cartoonishly exaggerated). Tbh, they should tone down combat music, feels kind of out of place.
And switching to third person when doing that evasion/flip, it just looks distracting ( I guess they saw this from Destiny, but it worked much more "smooth" there).
It's clear they're trying for the same "feel", not sure if that's good or bad.
The guy is hilarious at dancing, reminds me a bit of Mass Effect.

If it's going to be released next year it must have passed alpha stage. What's left is most likely a lot of balancing and bug fixing, tons of tweaking. Don't expect big changes like additions of e.g cars driving around. More likely is perhaps downgrades for certain stuff to get it to run smoother.

In the longer playthrough you can see that the game still has "levels" which takes approx. 20 seconds to load, very immersion breaking in these kinds of games, couldn't stand it in the previous one. I guess the levels here are bigger and loading doesn't happen every 3 mins., but still... hopefully they can tweak this to be loading in a few seconds (i doubt they're playing on anything else than a SSD here for presentation reasons etc).

Other than that i like the overall atmosphere, the levels looks quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom