Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC

A suggestion - wait for at least instaloot mod. And some other remove borderline annoyances...

If a mod "don't waste my time" appears, feel free to go for it.

A suggestion - wait for at least instaloot mod. And some other remove borderline annoyances…

If a mod "don't waste my time" appears, feel free to go for it.

Man, you've really developed a serious hatred for this game. :p
Can you show us on the dolly where it touched you? Just kidding. :D

Seriously though, you're more active in promoting hate for it than someone who actually bought it, and was jerked around by it. Or did you get it in the end? Last I thought I read that you didn't, but maybe I'm wrong.

No on end question, I'm on chapter 4, not sure how many are there.

Anyway, if you buy it, immediately turn off this travesty which is "on" by default:
pic1.jpg

I didn't add a proper pic to compare with Tomb Raider screenshot. There is something wrong with the pic which makes me never to accept dart's claim this is the visually the best game ever made - compare it with Lara screenshot and tell me what is it (it's not jaguar or any other animal):
pic2.jpg

This is my game screenshot, not from internet like the lion screenshots I linked before.

A hint? Sure. This is a few secs from a game I couldn't play because it's still not ported to PC:
0d534ce3800c1354f2c8b7a86f63ed65.gif

Last edited:
That hoftix is vulkan only. Improves nothing with dx12 (and I play with dx12).

The new RDR2 patch removed microfreezes but introduced FPS drops in the city for me. Again Lasso for whatever reason solves the FPS drops problem. After never fixing Bully frquent CTDs this isn't a surprise. Whatta joke of a company.

But I've finisged the game so... Not caring anymore I guess. Will share a few thoughts in finished the game thread in a day or two.

I still have to write a detailed post on why you shouldn't buy it.

At least not without potential mods on PC that would make your life bearable in the most boring game world I've seen in my life (even their painfully mediocre GTA5 had a better one). I'll try to sort all my thoughts in next 7 days, before the steam version.

I still have to write a detailed post on why you shouldn't buy it.

At least not without potential mods on PC that would make your life bearable in the most boring game world I've seen in my life (even their painfully mediocre GTA5 had a better one). I'll try to sort all my thoughts in next 7 days, before the steam version.

Story missions and visuals are of very high production quality. That alone might make for great game. But not enough for great open world game, especially of so large scale. Game world is boring unfortunately, completely agree on that.

A day later and 4,000 Steam reviews, and the game is sitting on "Mixed."

:lol:

Well i've been playing this on PC for probably two weeks on and off, as you do. I quite like the single player "Story Mode", the setting is quite interactive but I haven't played previous RockStar games so possibly don't know what to expect. Some equipment is locked behind story elements but I am fine with that. The online version is a lot less interactive, their are less spontaneous events happening as you roam but they do have player events, things are locked behind gold bar purchases that you can earn at a painfully slow rate, and players with better equipment with put you at a disadvantage, or you can buy gold bars with real money to get stuff sooner. I quite like the themes of the various settings and St Denis looks quite impressive. It is hilarious how the game kind of makes the player begin to like their horse, the longer you have a horse the more its skills and states increase, so it becomes more useful which encourages you to develop feelings for the horse. When my horse was shot in a situation I was feeling somewhat upset.

I've finally finished Red Dead Redemption 2 and deleted it from my PC, it took me probably less than 3 months, from prior January 21st to prior the 8th of April. l have to say it was pretty good, I would compare it to the Witcher 3 with the progression being equipment not stats, in fact they use mechanics to tell the story pretty well. Currently I am reading Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy and have found a youtube video that conveys my impression of its setting, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ1OgQL9_Cw.

And that's all I have to say on this matter, now to get on with my life, such as it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom