Fear

Well... played a few minutes of Fear 2 while I was waiting for the Fear 1 mission packs to finish. What happened to Q and E? No leaning around corners? Ugh. I used that constantly. That's really gonna bug me. Plus the progress save system reeks of console. Nice graphics though and the HUD is sort of cool.

I hated the HUD in FEAR 2, much too intrusive and console style for my taste. They really consolized the entire game though, which was a primary reason I didn't like it.

I also didn't like how they drastically reduced the toughness of the enemy soldiers compared to the first game, in favor of simply throwing more of them at you.

Well Direct2Drive finished up around 4AM that morning using "Gamespy Comrade" and the install went just fine. I'm about 2/3rds into Extraction Point and I do appreciate the increased difficulty on normal and the bleak storyline. Good stuff!

WOW is all I have to say about the outrageous difficulty of a few sequences in Perseus Mandate! I mean holy crap. I don't care to admit how many times I died in that game. It seemed like every few minutes I was walking into some big area with verticals and structures designed for enfilade. WASD and straining to orchestrate CTRL, Z, R, G and SHIFT just invites FPS panic!!! Overall I think I liked it better than Extraction Point but the are both great in their own right.

Gotta say, glad I'm done! I'm going to take a FEAR break now LOL. I'll try FEAR 2 after I rebuild the itch.

F.E.A.R. was definitely a good one! I got something else along with it - the expansion I think - and tried playing it right after I finished the first game. That wasn't so smart. I got bored pretty fast and never went back.

Still, definitely a memorable game. Too memorable sometimes. I keep trying to call the little girl in "The Ring" Alma. ;)

Yup FEAR was great. It is repetitive but I just never got bored killing hordes of soldiers. I'm going to take my 5th stab at Quake4 I think. I've never played more than 10 minutes of it!

FEAR is easily one of the games more intense and the atmosphere is going to play, and is a spectacular mix of horror and action. Can not help feeling that this is a game that is the spiritual successor to the original Half-Life.

I wonder if the multiplayer is any good???

Just bought the "complete pack" off Steam for ten bucks, and have been looking for some good deathmatch lately. Anyone played MP???

Looks pretty standard fare to me (based on youtube anyway). Modern Warfare 2 looks incredible, but I've never tried it.

Back
Top Bottom