ME:Andromeda help

Crilloan

Sentinel
Hepp!

Caved in and bought ME:Andromeda, bought a new GPU (1080) to keep it chugging along as well..

I´m about 10-15 hours in and realize that I'm out of depth concerning mechanics and whatnots.

I have really enjoyed it so far but I feel that I'm fumbling along

I´d like some input on crafting, research, builds (without spoilers, please)

I have played the trilogy 3 times and started happily with hardcore settings, which to my surprise seems to work even for my casual style of play, M8 avenger and pistol, burn and concussion shot.

So? how do I maximize my enjoyment with my limited gaming time

Regards
C

Looks like you'd like some builds and crafting suggestions. I'll skip and will just answer: "how do I maximize my enjoyment with my limited gaming time."

Like but less than DAI it's a game that let you huge possibilities of organizing yourself your play, there's ton of stuff non mandatory, and there's ton of choices in what order you do stuff.

So here in my opinion some tips that could help maximize your fun to play the game, I'll let through some small spoils, I do hope I'm right that it's very minor.

1. Don't attempt pure random exploration
Some games as DAI and Skyrim can do marvels with just a pure free exploration for the sake of exploring. It's not making MEA bad that it's not the same in MEA, it's just that this approach doesn't work well. It's seems ok to try it, but at end you won't get enough good and marking rewards to do it, so avoid, and don't worry quests will lead you explore most, and you won't lost much to not do it.

2. Don't attempt kill everything you see along travels
For sure do it a bit will be fun, do it too much will break too much and too often the flow of quests and stories, it will generate too many combats, it will be like grinding. If you do it remind minimize it.

The approach to explore in deep an area and clean it from any quests, and enemies, and stuff to find, will surely kill the fun of the game, almost as well than DAI with such approach.

3. Don't bother on scanning minerals with vehicle
Do a bit of scanning with vehicle to experiment the stuff, occasionally open the vehicle scan and pick some stuff, but don't attempt optimize your mining, nor to scan every single area tagged by the game. If you really find it fun, do it, otherwise it's too much boredom that doesn't worth it.

4. Don't give to yourself the duty to constantly check if companions have more to say
Do that will be half fun, you'll have many pointless check, and the UI design on that is weak, even if a companion has nothing new to say, most often it will still trigger a sequence, and a dialog opening to offer you the choice to trigger again the dialog bases of this companions, it's long and a pointless UI design choice.

If it's important you should get warned, some other companion will tell you x want speak, a door closed when usually it is opened automatically will clue you that the companion behind will have an important talk, sometimes an email will warn you a companion wants talk so don't trash the email until you have done the talk.

For sure at many story steps many companions will have a little comment, so it worth check occasionally. But make it a duty won't work, just do it when you really want do it, or eventually at each main progression of main quests.

5. Uses the other tools than scanning to collect material for crafting
Even with single player connect the game so you can exploit APEX Strike Team Missions, that you'll play with NPC instead of Multiplayer.

Use your Andromeda Viability Point (AVP) to choose bonus providing more crafting material, you'll get rewards each time you check for new APEX missions.

When you do quests and travels, pick minerals that cross your path.

6. Try open multiple planets asap
At first you unlock a planet, don't stick to it, progress main quests mainly up to open 2 more planets, then check one of them will ensure unlock another major step, but instead check the 2 new planets and then you have the choice among 3 planets, you'll get an overview of a more diversified gameplay, and you'll have the ability to diversify yourself better the gameplay by mixing the 3 planets digging/managing.

7. Don't feel forced to do the next "urgent" quest
The writing will often quote as urgent many quests, but I have yet to see one that is really urgent. If you want check something else, don't bother on this false hurry-ness.

8. Don't hesitate use evacuation command from vehicle to ship
Planets are big and with many stuff to do, and you'll have the feeling to get glued to the planet you are. Don't bother, you can quit the planet directly from vehicle, there's a command for that. This tool makes easier to diversify yourself your gameplay, something that won't be achieved as well by sticking to a single planet.

9. Don't get stuck by the relative heaviness to switch to another area/place
That games try make concrete your travels through multiple planets/station of a galaxy, and then burden a bit travels between ship/planet/station and another ship/planet/station.

Try go over and not get stuck somewhere just because of some seconds. If a place is fun, proceed, but be aware when it starts be not much fun anymore, then bother on doing something else. Also if you are curious to check something else, do it anyway.

Use the quick travels abilities and quote you don't need be in vehicle to do so, use the command to evacuate from vehicle, use tab to skip travel animations that can be skipped, on planets without vehicle, you can quick travel and then at location you can evacuate directly. Play it real and even with fast vehicle, and the fun it could be to rush through, will end be quickly not that fun. And on walking planets it will avoid repeat too much some combats with respawn.

9. Experiment the weapons and mods
There's a huge weapons diversity and you can hardly guess before to have really try a weapon. So remind experiment a lot the weapons and try mods.

9. Crafting is interesting for once
The crafting is just better than all major RPG of last years, from Skyrim to the Witcher 3 and DAI. It is rewarding to dig it, but you'll have to make choices, because grind to get a lot more income/crafting material will hardly be fun. So choose with care what you'll try craft, and don't target a too high quality at first that will cost more material to craft it, try low level plans to experiment first.

10. Character building and party building
Character building offers a ton of choices, I'm quite sure many will work well enough. So don't feel too much constrained by possibility of screwing up a build.

how do I maximize my enjoyment with my limited gaming time

That is the problem. ME:A campaign won't be fun with limited time. If you bought the game, I suggest sticking with MMO part

That is the problem. ME:A campaign won't be fun with limited time. If you bought the game, I suggest sticking with MMO part

You can do the campaign in under 20 hours, the MMO part is totally optional.

I believe you can do it in shorter time than that, but you missed the point of my sentence:
ME:A campaign won't be fun

The reason ME4 got panned by critics is their obsession with main quest, screw the rest of the game. The very same reason resulted too many games being praised by critics, hated by buyers.

This game cries for doing sidequests and explore areas no pointer leads you to (examples are most north part of Eladeen and southern unmarked remnant ruin on that same planet), yes trashmob respawns filler is still horrible so try to avoid what you can.

A warning though for explorers.
The game release had SOS sidequest on Kadara bugged. This was reported on EA Answers, I've tried myself to "unbug" it by doing steps in several different ways, no dice, while you can avoid questlog "!", there is no way to trigger it's spinoff quest Running for Fever.
Seems Bioware tried to fix it in the latest patch (1.06), but screwed it even more. It causes a gamestopper bug now so do avoid that one in your playthrough (aka if you stumble upon it, reload the game and avoid it like a plague).

Last edited:
thank you for inputs!

Limited time, well I'm suffering from a mild case of OCD but I guess I wont have time to play it more than once with the backlog I have..

I´ll take the points on experimenting with weapons and mods as well as crafting to heart. Just have to figure out what to spend my resources on.

I've really liked using pistols and head-shots at range and simple assault rifles at closer range so far.

C

Uggh...
I did the first playthrough with assault rifles, it's pain in the arse, honestly. If you're with pistols, I suggest Hornet, it's IMO awsome. However I'd always suggest sniper/shotgun combo. Shotgun will destroy those invisible animals when aggro on you and with sniper (max it in combat tree to do more damage on "softspots") you can destroy anything with a few shots. With this weapon combo you will also avoid a long fight against an architect.

Pick passives from all trees. Health from soldier, barrier from biotic and HP regen on spell from tech. Always have at least one tech spell, overload is good (sec stun), barrier leech whatever it's called also kicks arse.

While crafting, always add +2 mods augmentation on weapons (you can buy it on Nexus shop). As skills mostly deal with health and barrier, either add some armor penetration or % bonus flat damage. Earlygame.
Later, when your HP is not at stake thanks to soldier and tech passives, or when you craft remnant armor, add bioconverter augmentation to weapons.

I'm more of a Sniper/Black Widow kind of guy myself. Love that rifle. You can unlock the schematics with Milky Way research points, and buy most of the crafting materials aboard the Tempest. As joxer said, be sure to get the +2 mods item for weapon crafting from the Nexus.

The other approach I really liked was one with a melee focus, using Charge and a massive Krogan Warhammer. It deals immense damage once you've got a few points into both Charge and.. one of the passive Combat skills, can't recall exactly what it's called. Fitness or some such thing?

Kill me but I can't remember either. :D
Names of anything in the game… Bioware did a lousy job. Starting by calling the escape project as Andromeda Initiative and we tend to use AI for artificial intelligence.

For melee I used asari blade in my first playthrough because of it's integrated "blink" feature. Second playthrough I switched to remnant "stick" because of it's cc (freeze) output, but to be honest I rarely used the thing anyway thanks to tech's ministun.

Now I´m really looking forward to continue, just have to complete my new gaming rig first, this weekends project.

Sniper rifle, hmm, why not.
In the trilogy I played infiltrator one run.
And firing shotgun at close range always give me that warm fuzzy feeling
Melee weapons is new for me.

Thank you both for inputs on crafting, much appreciated.

C

3. Don't bother on scanning minerals with vehicle
Do a bit of scanning with vehicle to experiment the stuff, occasionally open the vehicle scan and pick some stuff, but don't attempt optimize your mining, nor to scan every single area tagged by the game. If you really find it fun, do it, otherwise it's too much boredom that doesn't worth it.
Spend 15 minutes driving around a rich node trying to find a mineral's top curve... 69 Aluminum.
Casually click on a glowie by a tree... 77 Aluminum.

LOL just don't. Pick what you find during normal looting, the rest of "needs" either buy or get by disassembling weapons and armor you won't use. Just don't waste eime on Mako mining.

That reminds me. One of earliest tasks is to make pathfinder armor. And you won't find enough titan for it that soon. Feel free to go Nexus, buy pathfinder armor in the shop, break it into pieces and voila, you now have enough titan. ;)

Uggh…
I did the first playthrough with assault rifles, it's pain in the arse,

It's fine, assault rifle is far to gives the right idea. Assault Riffle includes also HMG (chaingun type) and SMG, and even long range for rifle usage.

There are also AR not allowing burst, but you can't shoot more than one bullet but doing quite high damages. There are also AR only allowing burst of few bullets. I'm less sure but I think there's also AR allowing charge. And there's more like around energy, and no ammo limit.

If you want build a character just training one weapon type, AR is a fair choice.

The pistols specialization will have the advantage of a much more easy weight management. But will be far to offer as many choices and will require be a much more skilled shooter player.

At replay I choose specialize in AR and the efficiency level is quite high.

While crafting, always add +2 mods augmentation on weapons (you can buy it on Nexus shop).

For shotgun I felt it pointless, hard to find 4 mods useful for me.

You can do the campaign in under 20 hours, the MMO part is totally optional.
20H looks surprising. I don't mean a speed run, Morrowind can be beat in 30mn. For a normal play it seems low.

20H looks surprising. I don't mean a speed run, Morrowind can be beat in 30mn. For a normal play it seems low.

Yes, Skyrim also is like 20 hours if you just do the main quest, but who does that except speed-runners? This is a 90+ hour game.

To come back to one of OP topic, some examples of weapon crafting.

Disciple Shotgun with seeking plasma bolts:
It's probably the second highest damages after one SR, but it spread multiple bullets so damages are a bit lost with distance.

A crafting mod change projectiles into seeking plasma bolt. When used on Disciple you get a bizarre but fun weapon. With the seeking from the crafting mod, the bullets spreading is cancelled. But also those plasma bolt projectiles are very very slow.

So this modding gives constant huge damages with the weapon, they can even work well with some distance. The penalty is to manage the blots slow speed, if the target move really then it's missed, moreover if you don't evaluate well the damages coming you could chain with a pointless shot because of the time between shoot and hit.

PAW lightning variation
PAW is a remnant AR with infinite ammo. On base it's an interesting AR that can be used like a long range burst weapon with a special management of clip because of infinite ammo.

With the crafting mod Streams of electricity it changes it in a bizarre lighting weapon rather interesting to use. You exchange it's high precision and burst into a constant lightning, in both mode you need take care of overheating. Myself in lightning mode I found it weirdly powerful as an all usage weapon from close range and replace a shotgun to mid range.

This modding is probably more for the fun than the efficiency.

Soned Chaingun with infinite ammo
Soned is a Kett AR hich is probably the AR the closest to HMG/Chaingun because of damage level, burst speed and clip size. It's really a fun weapon but it will involves a heavy ammo management.

With crafting mod providing ammo refills after a delay, not only it makes the ammo management rather easy but also it provides a burst duration rather amazing.

It's very fun to use from close range to mid range and even almost long range, the only problem is it ends be a bit OP and efficient for too many context, so after have use this a while I just forced myself stop use it.

Sandstorm with scope
For a SR it has high damages and high precision, with a mod scope it's like using a SR with AR skills. A few SR will be similar, lower damages than average for SR, bigger clip size and some burst ability. But in my experience the Sandstorm with scope feels really different, almost a long range weapon that could replace a SR for many ranges.

Back
Top Bottom