Morrowind - OpenMW 0.40 Released

Has anyone tried OpenMW? I have read a while back that is is fully playable with less bugs than the original Bethesda release.

The numbering system is little confusing on the project. I had heard that it is probably more than 90% complete, but still this latest version is 0.40. I remember a post on their forums last year where they said that they are numbering the revisions consecutively instead of based on a percent, for instance 0.91. It does affect perception, I look at 0.40 and think they still have years to go to reach 1.0.
It does look like it is getting closer though, the roadmap shows the outstanding issues.
https://bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw/roadmap

Yes, it's totally playable as is. The only reason I haven't switched to it for my main game is that I've become spoiled by MGE XE shadows and there are no shadows in the current version. I hope they will be back in the release after next (which could be the long awaited 1.0).

I know it's a minor thing really, but I'm a bit put off by the lack of grass. I think that adds a lot to the environmental feel. For all the improvements, it's still a dated engine.

Back
Top Bottom