True or False will Stone Door be released in 2020 ?

Depends if it gets really heavy and they drop it?

Forgive my ignorance but what is "Stone Door" ?

I assume we are talking about Doors of Stone by Pat Rothfuss? If so then I don’t think it’s ever going to be released. Sad but likely. I hope I’m proven wrong since I really love the first two books.

If it's Doors of Stone, then at least amazon lists it for release on 20th August 2020.

But that information is already at least half a year old, so I would not really rely on it.

As others noted it is the third book of Name of the Wind series. The series was suppose to be 3 books and hte 2nd book ends with the expectation of a third book but alas the third book has yet to arrived. There was a very long gap between book 1 and book 2 (unlike games of throne series where the wait for book 6 is far far longer than book 5).
-
When I read the first two books i wsa not as old and wise as I am now to realize that book 3 had not yet been written and that it was going to have a long long delay. There is a new tv series based on the first book - i think by showtime - which added thought that the 3rd book was almost complete.
-
The first two are really quite good and highly recommended. He writes almost as dense as Tad williams - but has a *lot* more humour.
-
It seems that i'm in the middle of 6 series awaiting the next book in all of them which is quite annoying. Btw tad williams stuff is mostly quite good.

Forgive my ignorance but what is "Stone Door" ?

As others noted it is the third book of Name of the Wind series. The series was suppose to be 3 books and hte 2nd book ends with the expectation of a third book but alas the third book has yet to arrived. There was a very long gap between book 1 and book 2 (unlike games of throne series where the wait for book 6 is far far longer than book 5).
-
When I read the first two books i wsa not as old and wise as I am now to realize that book 3 had not yet been written and that it was going to have a long long delay. There is a new tv series based on the first book - i think by showtime - which added thought that the 3rd book was almost complete.
-
The first two are really quite good and highly recommended. He writes almost as dense as Tad williams - but has a *lot* more humour.
-
It seems that i'm in the middle of 6 series awaiting the next book in all of them which is quite annoying. Btw tad williams stuff is mostly quite good.

Yeah, Tad Williams is amazing. Have you read the new Osten Ard novels? I thought Empire of Grass was great. As always with him it’s a slow start but well worth it when it gets going. I also find myself waiting on a bunch of books, namely:
Winds of Winter by GRRM
Doors of Stone by Pat Rothfuss
The next Gentlemen Bastards book by Scoot Lynch
The next Stormlight Archive book by Brandon Sanderson
...and the Navigators Children by Tad Williams

Good things come to those who wait I guess?

-
-
-

Could you please post a link to this TV series you mention; it's the first I've heard about it.

-
-
-

Thank you for your answer! :thumbsup:

The Kingkiller books are well worth reading, no matter your tastes. Count me in as someone who read the first book within a month of it being released, and have waited a long time for the third volume. Do yourself a favour and check the two current books out, if you've not already.

Could you please post a link to this TV series you mention; it's the first I've heard about it.

There is/was both a TV-show and a movie planned. Lionsgate has the rights to it currently. There is trouble though, I read somewhere on reddit that the film is cancelled but that the TV-show might be going forwards. My guess is that streaming services / networks are jumping ship because they don't want another ASOIAF situation on their hands.
TV-show was planned as a prequel, film(s) to follow the books.
https://deadline.com/2019/09/lin-ma...roject-is-being-shopped-lionsgate-1202735712/

Yep read them; and reread the first 3. Also don't forget red rising (dark age was the last book and new one sooner or later will complete the 6 book series).

Yeah, Tad Williams is amazing. Have you read the new Osten Ard novels? I thought Empire of Grass was great. As always with him it’s a slow start but well worth it when it gets going. I also find myself waiting on a bunch of books, namely:
Winds of Winter by GRRM
Doors of Stone by Pat Rothfuss
The next Gentlemen Bastards book by Scoot Lynch
The next Stormlight Archive book by Brandon Sanderson
…and the Navigators Children by Tad Williams

Good things come to those who wait I guess?

Back
Top Bottom