Bethesda Softworks - Dishonored on GOG and Games up to 75% off

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GOG has announced that Bethesda Softworks games are up to 75% off on GOG. The sale coincides with the release of the Dishonored series and two Wolfenstein games to GOG.

Series like The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Quake - Bethesda Softworks has them all. Latest Special Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to games published by the famous studio, with cult titles up to 75% off. Let's see some of the best deals:

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (-70%) is an RPG in which every decision counts. Use your strength and guile to make yourself a name in a post-apo metropolis

Quake 4 (-70%) is an FPS game in which you take the war into the alien world, using a whole arsenal of weapons and the aid of elite marine squad.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition Deluxe (-70%) is a fantasy RPG title with the vast world to explore and around 100 hours of freeform gameplay.

Today we also added the Dishonored series (up to -75%) and two Wolfenstein games (-70%) to our DRM-free catalog. Enjoy!

Special Sale featuring Bethesda games will last on GOG.COM until 24th February 2020, 2 PM UTC.
More information.

I only played Dishonored 1 and would like to play the other ones, as well as the new wolfenstein games.

I'll definitely buy them on GOG sometime later this year.

The backlog grows ever longer... :)

I can only recommend Dishonored 1 (if you're interested in that kind of game). I'm yet to play 2 but from what I've seen it's at least more of the same good stuff, and at most an improved sequel. Which is a good thing. Dishonored 1 is one of my top 10 games this decade and the sequel doesn't need to be a radical improvement to be fun.

I enjoyed Dishonored 1 but the setting was such a negative for me -- a completely subjective issue -- that I wasn't enthusiastic about a sequel. Dishonored 2, though, is in my view better (and the setting is somewhat more enjoyable, albeit pretty much the same).

Well for me I enjoyed the original Dishonored and part two was an improvement that allowed you play two different perspectives, but the expansion was a mess.

To bad sales for the sequels did not impress Bethesda.

Yea Arkane last two games didn't do well (dishonored 2 and prey). They were both in my useless opinion very decent games - they just didn't quite appeal to the masses and i guess these days for big publisher anything less than some large number of sales (5 million? 10 million?) is a disaster. Vaguely i though the creative init. of Arkane moved on to a new studio so maybe that new studio will produce some interesting games.

Well for me I enjoyed the original Dishonored and part two was an improvement that allowed you play two different perspectives, but the expansion was a mess.

To bad sales for the sequels did not impress Bethesda.

Dishonored Fanboy Warning

Absolutely my favorite gaming series, I didn't find a fault in any of the games or expansions, and the storytelling and atmosphere and killing/stealth gameplay sandbox options are top notch across the board.

The expansions for the first Dishonored allow you to play as the Antagonist from the main game, and Dishonored 2 lets you play as as one of two different protagonists for the entire game, for a different experience each, and the second game's expansion let's you play as yet another of the story's important characters. You see all these perspectives and get the entire story fleshed out in every release in the series. And that last expansion wraps up the entire story line.

Can't recommend enough. Especially if you like immersive sims (Deus Ex, SS2, Thief, hell even Vampire Bloodlines) Will do a super replay of the whole series some day.

if you like immersive sims
That if-then-else is meaningless. Ask any unknown kid on the street "do you like immersive sims" to make sure.

Dishonored games are aestethically and gameplaywise something you've never seen elsewhere.
The world reacts to your problemsolving choice (pacifist vs assassin).
The story is a batshit crazy mystery and includes a Lovecraftian creature.
Use k+m. Not because of me being bisased usually, but because you can't go loco and pwn everything like a pro with mushrooms in Dishonored.

Postpone whatever you're currently playing and install these. Immediately. :)

Last edited:
I already own both (and XP) on Steam ... used to be I would insta-buy games I like when they land on GoG to reward both GoG and the developer. Haven’t done this yet, not sure if I will - but I do love the games!

Back
Top Bottom