Baldur's Gate 3 - Live Stream at Pax East

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Larian Studios' Swen Vincke will together with jesse Cox, play Baldurs Gate 3, which for the first time will provide us with some actual gameplay.

We are excited to announce the eagerly anticipated gameplay reveal of Baldur's Gate 3. Our Creative Director Swen Vincke will be playing live on stage with Jesse Cox, revealing more about the story, mechanics, and the answers to much asked questions. With seating for 1000 people, don't worry if you can't make it to the live show, it'll also be streamed on YouTube. For those at PAX, there will also be a short, live Q&A where your questions can be asked and answered.

We will also be present in the expo hall of PAX East, with an all-new booth dedicated to Baldur's Gate 3. At the booth, our team will be serving up live gameplay presentations for the entire weekend, starting after the live show concludes.

Baldur's Gate 3 was announced back at E3 last year, and since then we've have been continuing to grow to 350 people (including outsourcers), and working on new technology and pipelines that allow the team to create a truly next-generation RPG, spanning 100+ hours of content, with all the depth you'd expect, and many surprises along the way that even fans of critically acclaimed Divinity Original Sin 2 won't expect.

Also the board game will be shown at Pax East.

In addition to attending PAX East with our brand spanking new Baldur's Gate 3 booth, we will also be showcasing Divinity: Original Sin - the Board Game with our friends and collaborators from Lynnvander.

Divinity: Original Sin - the Board Game was launched on Kickstarter in November 2019 and hit its funding goal in less than five hours. With the help of 10,565 wonderful backers we raised more than 10 times the original funding goal over the course of the campaign. The game is reaching the final stages of development and we're working closely with Lynnvander to make it the best it can possibly be. Come by the dedicated booth for the board game at booth 20002 and try it for yourself! We'll be running demonstrations all weekend, and the scenario we're showing will not be part of the main game so you won't be spoiling the story for yourself.

If you missed out on the board game Kickstarter we now have late pledging available through our pledge manager CrowdOx here.
More information.

They mention DOS2 fans in the text. Which might imply the game is made for them. Which might be positive if it means isometric/party based/TB combat.

I admit that I still didnt play DOS2 as I was not thrilled by first one. What I liked most on first one was TB combat till I realised how barrel-centric it is. Didnt have courage to touch second one and reading about problems with ruleset design (armor?) didnt help raise my interest either.

Hopefully, if they can avoid ridiculous number of barrels and if they build the game around DnD ruleset, such problems could be avoided. So, fingers crossed.

Barrels and crates are a huge part of RPGs. They're everywhere, always.

D:OS2 was better than 1, but I got tired of it after ten hours or so. Got to a pattern: once I saw that a battle wasn't going my way, I'd restart it rather than risk fighting for another 30-45 minutes just to lose. Battles were way too long, even trash mobs.

WOP WOP. Time to see what you can do Swen. One and only chance to get into development history don't fuck it up.:) p.s. Is that dragon from GOT?

Personally I believe the first game was superior to the second, but that's just my opinion. I'm still really looking forward to their interpretation of the Baldur's Gate world.

From one of the half-screens you can see in the vid I believe it will be isometric or similar.
I count it as a good sign for now.

Ok, perhaps I got a little but hyped by the dragon and the logo in the end...

From one of the half-screens you can see in the vid I believe it will be isometric or similar.
I count it as a good sign for now.

Yep, at the 24 second mark over the guys shoulder. Assuming that’s the game it was isometric with a toolbar at the bottom.

It’s not surprising though. I fully expect isometric. I honestly have no idea if they’ll go TB, RTWP or both though. Honesty though it doesn’t matter. Only my untimely demise would stop this from being a day 1 purchase.

I didn't enjoy DOS1 and stopped playing it after I guess 7-10 hours. I enjoyed DOS2 although its combat was not my favorite part, but I stopped playing after I guess 30 hours (a good amount of play).

I am looking forward to BG3, though I hope it is not pretty much DOS3.

I am also looking forward to the DOS board game since that type of combat seems like it could work great in a board game, and if it provides anything like the experience of the best board game Gloomhaven (many dozens of hours of coop adventure strategy gameplay) then that could be very good.

I can't believe how hyped I got from such a boring video.

I'd say I have even more hype for BG3 than for Elden Ring and Mount and Blade 2 combined! :D

(And that's saying a lot!!)

I can't believe how hyped I got from such a boring video.

I'd say I have even more hype for BG3 than for Elden Ring and Mount and Blade 2 combined! :D

(And that's saying a lot!!)

More than Elden Ring, You take that back!! A hype tie is the most I can tolerate. :biggrin:

One thing for sure is if the initial release doesn't meet players expectations we can probably expect a free director version that fixes the most glaring issues ;)

Here comes misogynist, snarky, hateful, scaring off comment of the day:

This game will never be THAT Baldurs Gate! It will be Divinitys adventures in Sword Coast. It probably still could be great game, but not the Baldurs Gate. THAT Baldurs Gate was so great because so many obstacles happened, stars aligned in right position, you cannot recreate it, no matter what.

It will be something like Arcania for Gothic series. Yea there will probably be Minsc in BG3, but he will never be THAT Minsc.

Old Baldurs Gate was so full with atmosphere, never had that in any Divinity game. Like both games have small maps where things happen, but BG always gave me feeling of big and wondrous world somewhere there outside, while I never have that feeling in Divinity games - I still have very little insight of Divinity's universe, to me all their games seems like they have no connection, except maybe some names like Zixzax.

And all this gives me depression about BG3 :( Would be better to leave legend alone.

I think i agree with the part that it will never 'feel' like bg1/bg2 in part simply because times and technology has changed as well as players expectations.
-
My hope is that it doesn't come across as a divinity game with a bg story; that it actually is a 'bg' game even if it is not really like (graphic/gameplay) of the original 2.
-
Don't take me wrong even today bg2 is still very playable and enjoyable but technology has changed and gameplay has changed (whether it is rtwp, tb or both). And while i hope you can interact with the enivronment they leave out some of the extreme surface stuff in divnity games. Mind you unlike a lot of people i do enjoy the interaction - it just doesn't seem appropriate to a bg game at that extreme and would help distinguish it from the d-os series.
-
Alas i have no clue how they will do this game but i think they are putting a lot of thought and effort into it and that at least provide positive vibes to myself even if everyone else finds it negative ;)

Here comes misogynist, snarky, hateful, scaring off comment of the day:

This game will never be THAT Baldurs Gate! It will be Divinitys adventures in Sword Coast. It probably still could be great game, but not the Baldurs Gate. THAT Baldurs Gate was so great because so many obstacles happened, stars aligned in right position, you cannot recreate it, no matter what.

It will be something like Arcania for Gothic series. Yea there will probably be Minsc in BG3, but he will never be THAT Minsc.

Old Baldurs Gate was so full with atmosphere, never had that in any Divinity game. Like both games have small maps where things happen, but BG always gave me feeling of big and wondrous world somewhere there outside, while I never have that feeling in Divinity games - I still have very little insight of Divinity's universe, to me all their games seems like they have no connection, except maybe some names like Zixzax.

And all this gives me depression about BG3 :( Would be better to leave legend alone.

Back
Top Bottom