Combine two games

B

BriefDArt

So, let's say you had the magical ability to combine whatever parts of one game with whatever parts of another game, which two games would you pick, and what parts would be key? :)

I can't limit it to two.

I'd love you see something in the vein of Gorhic in terms of atmosphere, such as characters that become friends of yours and follow you through the story, not as companions. I think the first two Gothic games were also amazing at hand placing of enemies, loot, landmarks within an open world.

I would then want to combine that within a star wars knights of the old Republic universe. The interesting thing here would be to have the jedi universe, the ability to become a jedi and move up the ranks in the same way as gothic. Or instead join another camp such as the rogues, etc.

I think it would be a fun combination.

I do not think of this as ideal theoretically, as in the past I have thought of combination of games such as mount and blade with total war where the first portion of a game you are a grunt fighting your way up and then become a tactician with a small platoon of forces and finally command the country. However I feel something like that would end up be mediocre in all elements rather than good at everything. As you said in a magical world I'd want both the first example and this one :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I guess I should contribute an example myself.

Hmm...

I'd take pretty much everything in Star Citizen - and then I'd add the character progression and build diversity of DDO :)

So, let's say you had the magical ability to combine whatever parts of one game with whatever parts of another game, which two games would you pick, and what parts would be key? :)
I've already said it a few times.
Gothic (any) openworld design without loadscreens and instarespawns + TW3 (any) story&sidestories&humor + Mars charm.

What about Skyrim and NWN?

I would just about combine any game with NWN to get the Multiplayer, Standalone Server, and Toolset options all in one. The diversity of D&D doesn't hurt either.

So many choices.

Dark souls has my favorite combat, so DS combat system and hand place loot with just about any ARPG. Let’s say Skyrim or Witcher 3 since combat was so-so and loot was terrible imo.

Or XCOM combat and companion permadeath with BG2. Always liked XCOM combat system and having companion that could die permanently will really add a layer of tension.

I could play the matching game for a while but I’ll just stop there.:biggrin:
@you;, I think you’re missing the point. It’s just a fun little exercise to stir up some conversation.

Witcher 3 + Emperor of Dune

Would make one great hybrid of an RPG/RTS game.:drool:

Elex exploration, Witcher 3 story, Mount&Blade combat, Divinity 2 dragon, Diablo loot/equipment.

No, I did not follow the instructions for this thread. :p

I'm going to mix Hunie Pop and Skyrim :biggrin:

Combining as in merging together? Or glueing together?

For the latter, any survival game (early game, subnautica without the basebuilding) + gothic 2 (middle. one PC action style gameplay) + divinity original sin (late game, full party UgoIgo tactical gameplay).

I was also thinking of a town / city building or strategy game for late game, but I'm not really a fan of those.

For one player character TW3 and Dark souls ? If it was not obvious TW3 graphics, C&C, story etc ( no gameplay, it does not really have any anyway ) , Dark souls combat gameplay, exploration and such :)

For multiple party hmmm… will have to get back to that one.

Morrowind world, magic & exploration, Dark Souls combat.

Valkyria Chronicles combat, Witcher 3 stories, Skyrim mod'ability, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider graphics (with full 3D Vision compatibility, of course). With all that, I don't think I would even care what genre it came out in!

Despite my promises, I'll break my silence just this time. My (obvious) choice is (obviously):

Clouds of Xeen and Darkside of Xeen.

pibbur who (obviously) couldn't resist.

Difficult to say. A bit like DDO or SWTOR combined with Sim's Medieval.
Because for my taste, there is just far too much focus on combat in very game and just too few on social skills.
Manly men won't buy such a thing, though. :biggrin:

Might and Magic with Morrowind
Don't know why

I'd take pretty much everything in Star Citizen - and then I'd add the character progression and build diversity of DDO

Isn't there a free week for everyone next week for Star Citizen?

Back
Top Bottom