Gothic Gothic 1 - Ultra Modded 4k Graphics

Didn't take long to set up, basically just download / install the stuff that is in the video description of the "how to" video.
Don't have scale (for fonts) set to anything other than 100% in Windows or the resolution will be odd. Took me longer to figure out that one than to install the mods.

Probably not gonna play, i just wanted to see how it looked in 3440x1440. Looks decent, if the ground was covered in grass it would hide the low poly terrain a lot better. Might look into modding it if its not a total PitA.. from what i remember with Gothic 2 i loaded the entire levels into Blender and just added stuff to the map layout, pretty cool way to mod a game actually.

What's a "pita" ( pie?)

Had to google it, bloody Americans.

Lighting is more important on older titles, high res just makes everything look "too edgy". Last time I diddo Severance had a great lighting overhaul, really improved ambiance. See, another excuse to give Gothic another run! :p

And cough cough flora overhauls, of course.

Probably not gonna play, i just wanted to see how it looked in 3440x1440. Looks decent, if the ground was covered in grass it would hide the low poly terrain a lot better. Might look into modding it if its not a total PitA.. from what i remember with Gothic 2 i loaded the entire levels into Blender and just added stuff to the map layout, pretty cool way to mod a game actually.

Doesn't ThielHater's texture patch add some grass? It's just flat textures, but at least it covers a lot of the plain brown of the original ground.

Its better without grass, you can actually see those healing/mana plants nad the kings sorrel haha ; i remember first time i played gothic 2 was so annoyed that there was vegetation everywhere compared to g1, it was really hard too see those pickable plants.

yeah the pickable plants would probably have to be edited to be more colorful, perhaps also slightly taller to stand out , the lack of grass is a real eyesore imo.

Doesn't ThielHater's texture patch add some grass? It's just flat textures, but at least it covers a lot of the plain brown of the original ground.

no idea, might have to look that up :)

Back
Top Bottom