Survive the Fall - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Survive the Fall is a post-apocalyptic tactical strategy game that has been announced recently.

Angry Bulls Studio has announced a new post-apocalyptic tactical strategy game, Survive the Fall. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team released the game's debut trailer that you can find below.

In Survive the Fall, players can gather precious resources so you don't die of hunger or cold. Players can light fires, craft weapons and items, and hunt animals.

[...]

More information.

Not bad thanks for posting. I'll keep my eye on it.:thumbsup:

Urban Strife looks to be another good game as well.

Anything post-apoc is at least going to get a look from me. This doesn't look bad, but I'm not big on the whole base-building thing that seems to be getting shoehorned into so many games lately.

That looks pretty good. I'll be curious to see how this develops but I'm also wary of the base-building aspect. When done well, it can add another satisfying dimension to a game but often it ends up being chore-like filler content. I think devs these days are too often looking for systems to pad out their games more... whether that's making them roguelike or having dynamic levels or grafting on other mechanics that just feel like filler.

Watching this trailer makes me think of Mutant Year Zero. There was a game that didn't do any of those things and kept the experience and gameplay pretty tight and focused - and was a really good game imo because of that.

As for base building and resource gathering not a problem. I grew up playing these games on the PC. Examples being Command & Conquer and Dune games.

It's not a new trend and remember this is a strategy game.

I'm with @JDR13;. Building a mega fort doesn't really tick any buttons for me. I like the exploration parts mostly.

Yeah I've played other post-apoc games with building a fort or village, and it's just not what I'm looking for. I know people that crave that stuff, but just not my cuppa.

Almost turned off the video when, at 0:10, I saw "Gather Wood [1]" and "Gather Food [10]". Combat looks possibly good, but the base-building aspect and MMO-style quests probably mean it's something to avoid.

Building a mega fort doesn't really tick any buttons for me. I like the exploration parts mostly.

Yeah I've played other post-apoc games with building a fort or village, and it's just not what I'm looking for.

Combat looks possibly good, but the base-building aspect and MMO-style quests probably mean it's something to avoid.

Then Chernobylite could be more to your liking. There is some base building element too, but you create mainly equipment, not some fort, and its focused on exploration. But its FP action/stealth game, not RPG.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1016800/Chernobylite/

header.jpg

Back
Top Bottom