EVERSPACE 2 - First Major Update - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » EVERSPACE 2 - First Major Update

Default EVERSPACE 2 - First Major Update

May 13th, 2021, 00:20
@TheGG Everspace 2 has received its first major update in Steam Early Access.

The update ("Union: Contracts/Heartland") brings new mission types, ship classes, activities, challenges, improved game balancing, an Outlaw sub-faction introducing special gear with set bonuses, as well as an additional companion to join the adventure, and more.

The first major EVERSPACE 2 update adds three main and three side missions as well as several additional side activities, all taking place in the second star system, Ceto.

EVERSPACE fans will recall Elek, an Outlaw ally from the EVERSPACE: Encounters expansion. The new main mission rescuing Elek will take combat and exploration gameplay deep underground, and introduces a new corrosive damage dealing enemy, the Cave Crawlers. Once rescued, Elek provides clues on how to advance the main story. Later on, he can even be called to join in battles as wingman through a new perk tree.

EVERSPACE 2 Pilots might wonder how Elek ended up hanging upside down… trapped in a cocoon… in a dark, spooky cave deep underground at Cephas Downs… they'll find out soon!

The first new ship class for EVERSPACE 2 is also being made available in this update. The Heavy-class Bomber allows secondary weapons to use energy instead of ammunition and regenerates hull when damaging enemies, perfect for pulverizing targets without breaking a sweat. The ship's Ultimate ability unleashes the ARC-9000, a massive ball of destruction that damages all ships in its vicinity and explodes on impact. The team has also shared that they will be releasing a second ship in a post-update patch. The Light-class Vanguard offers players looking for faster, hit-and-run, type builds the chance to live out their starfighter dreams.

Veteran EVERSPACE pilots already know that the Ancient Warden is no push-over with its hyperbolic long-range attacks that can hit you even behind cover and its ability to teleport when receiving too much damage. Make sure you have weapons with high energy damage installed, dodge its attacks, and pay attention to the final combat phase that will be even more devastating in the confined space of a cave.

[…]

loading…

[…]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

May 13th, 2021, 00:31
Apparently it plays like Freelancer. Onto the wishlist!

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

May 13th, 2021, 01:48
I enjoyed the first game. This one is not high on my priority list but I will get it when it will be on sale.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

May 13th, 2021, 06:02
Very very actiony but it does look pretty good. Getting my fill of space with X4 but, if this one reviews well, I'll stick it on the wish list.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

May 13th, 2021, 06:14
X4 is such a great game.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

May 13th, 2021, 08:19
This sounds like a huge improvement over Everspace. I'm glad they're not going the rogue-lite route again.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)

May 13th, 2021, 13:32
How does this connect to the first game story-wise? Do I need to play the first one or is this a standalone story? The first one didn't click for me but I like what I've seen from the sequel but I hate skipping games in the series if that means I'll skip some plot points in the sequel.

Ivanwah

Keeper of the Watch

May 13th, 2021, 16:32
Tried to fill the lack of amazing Gaia Beyond with Everspace and it failed. Didn't like the gameplay at all. Also upgrade tooltips had so tiny fonts, they were mush at the pixel level, completely unreadable. I have almost zero expectations from the sequel.
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

May 13th, 2021, 16:50
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
Tried to fill the lack of amazing Gaia Beyond with Everspace and it failed. Didn't like the gameplay at all. Also upgrade tooltips had so tiny fonts, they were mush at the pixel level, completely unreadable. I have almost zero expectations from the sequel.
Totally different style of game.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

May 13th, 2021, 19:37
Originally Posted by Ivanwah View Post
How does this connect to the first game story-wise? Do I need to play the first one or is this a standalone story? The first one didn't click for me but I like what I've seen from the sequel but I hate skipping games in the series if that means I'll skip some plot points in the sequel.
It looks like there's going to be some shared characters as the update mentions, but I wouldn't worry about whether or not you played the first game. This sounds like a completely different experience. Everspace 1 was basically just a roguelike in space, and this is apparently going to be a hand-crafted RPG.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)

May 13th, 2021, 20:11
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
It looks like there's going to be some shared characters as the update mentions, but I wouldn't worry about whether or not you played the first game. This sounds like a completely different experience. Everspace 1 was basically just a roguelike in space, and this is apparently going to be a hand-crafted RPG.
Ah, great, thank you. I'm going to give the first game another shot as I've read that it has some interesting story bits on its own.

Ivanwah

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » EVERSPACE 2 - First Major Update