The TV Series discussion thread

I've been meaning to check out Unforgotten, just haven't gotten around to it lately, so thanks for the reminder. I'm chugging through series two of Bosch, still enjoying this police drama a lot. The anticipation for series three of my Fringe re-watch is maddening, so I might have to dip into that sooner rather than later. I did finish the first series in Line of Duty, that was good and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

That show is rotting in my bookmarks for ages.
As it happens I have no time for everything and learning now it's not done won't help me to push it up as a sort of priority.

Currently watching the second season of Method, can't say much as it went a different route from the first season.

So far it provided equally interesting cases as were in the first season, the problem is the new season lacks of the mesmerizing factor. At least it's early episodes.

I watched the first season of Shudder's Creepshow series. Wildly uneven, though I guess that's somewhat to be expected from an anthology format with numerous contributors. There were only around 3 segments that I genuinely really liked, maybe 4, and a couple that I hated. The rest were just....there. The second season seems to be lower rated than the first (with the exception of its first episode), so I may not bother.

I finally started watching the Mandalorian and I really like the set-up. It makes it look like it could be a nice RPG setting too. Start off as a lowly bounty hunter and then fall into political realm and decide who to support.

I finally started watching the Mandalorian and I really like the set-up. It makes it look like it could be a nice RPG setting too. Start off as a lowly bounty hunter and then fall into political realm and decide who to support.
I really liked it, even though I've become rather selective about Star Wars products. Yes, it would make a good setting.

Just finished the first half season of the Nevers. Really enjoyed it, though I found episode 6 jarring and confusing until I finally worked out what was happening. Well worth a look unless you really hate Joss W. :)

I was really digging Atlantic Crossing, up until episode six. I'm familiar with the story from history, and I thought seeing it played out on the screen would be worthwhile. The sixth episode is all about infighting and suspicions amongst the primary characters, it's like this Masterpiece show all of a sudden changed into some CW production. I'll watch the seventh episode just to see what happens next, I'm not sure I've ever seen a series devolve like this one did, in the span of one hour.

Rewatching Deep Space 9.

My least favorite of the quality Star Trek series (Not Discovery, Lower Decks or Picard). That said, it does have plenty of quality episodes. The Visitor still being my favorite, I think.

If Deep Space Nine is your least favorite of the Trek shows, I'm almost afraid to ask which you prefer. For me, DS9 comes darn close to being just as good as the original series and the next generation. Discovery and Discard aren't Star Trek And while I like Enterprise, sadly it had some seriously weak series.

If Deep Space Nine is your least favorite of the Trek shows, I'm almost afraid to ask which you prefer. For me, DS9 comes darn close to being just as good as the original series and the next generation. Discovery and Discard aren't Star Trek And while I like Enterprise, sadly it had some seriously weak series.

TNG > TOS S1+S2 > VOY > ENT > DS9

For me.

But they are all great shows. My issue with DS9 is primarily a question of tone and the huge letdown of an ending.

My wife got 3 months of Disney+ for "free" so I watched the Mandalorian which I really enjoyed.

I then started watching The Simpsons again from Episode 1. It's so strange how much I still remember even though I haven't watched The Simpsons for over 10 years.

I still find it quite good, which I wasn't expecting at all.

I've watched again all 10 seasons of my favourite series, Spooks (renamed "MI-5" in the US and with shorter episodes - just watch the original). And the sequel movie, Spooks: The Greater Good, which tries to give a conclusion but isn't essential.

In the series, my preferred character remains Tom Quinn, played by Matthew Macfadyen. I really like his voice and diction (but that's not the only reason) :) The first seasons are also more plausible, more down-to-Earth and less about end-of-the-world conflicts (in which MI-6 would probably be more competent than MI-5?).

Spooks is excellent, and yes, certainly watch the original version versus the damaged US ones.

Last night I finished series three of Fringe, and I marvel again at how good this show was, while I watched it live back in the day I was constantly wondering what deals they'd made with whomever to not get cancelled on a weekly basis. I'd also bet huge amounts of money that whoever pitched the show never mentioned parallel universes as part of the concept, lol.

Since I quite enjoyed the first series of Line of Duty, three nights ago I started the second set. F me, this show is incredibly brutal!! I didn't think it could exceed how the first series started, yeah, I was wrong. I expect the second episode to be equally bonkers.

Since I quite enjoyed the first series of Line of Duty, three nights ago I started the second set. F me, this show is incredibly brutal!! I didn't think it could exceed how the first series started, yeah, I was wrong. I expect the second episode to be equally bonkers.
It does seem good! I saw it was on Prime, unfortunately they force it in French audio here, which is completely crazy (it's a UK series...).

All the support could say was, "it's geographically restricted, we are sorry for the inconvenience". Yeah, happy Brexit to you too :p

I guess I'll have to download it illegally to get the original language, it can't get any more ridiculous :lol:

I really enjoyed all six seasons of Line of Duty. It has some very good acting and even though I thought they milked this enough after 5 seasons, they managed to make a strong sixth season with some surprises and with again good performances.
So, I am looking forward to season seven, which will probably air in a year or two.

Honestly, what happened to Georgia in that hospital room might be one of the worse murders I've seen on screen since Madeleine Ferguson was offed in Twin Peaks. Line of Duty brings the intensity, and then some!! I'm looking forward to the rest of the series, in small nibbles for the sake of my heart.

How to Get Away with Murder. A series about law students and their mentor. Students are said to be involved in a murder by accident and trying to avoid punishment. The series is brilliant, a lot is going on and every time I have the thought "okay, just one more episode and it's over" and then I go to sleep at 4 am because I can't tear myself away. After season 1, I was afraid that the series would not become boring, but none of these things;) If someone likes this subject, I heartily recommend it. In addition to the frenetic action, I like the visible change of some heroes. Unsure of themselves at first, they don't really know what to do, and then they start winning cases and not in such legal ways as it might seem.

Watching The Americans for the 2nd time, this time without having to wait for the next seasons. Some episodes are harsh, but I like their non-sensational approach, showing the lives of USSR agents living in the US and pretending to be a family.

I was surprised to see all 6 seasons on Prime (and in English!), it's so rare to find something worthy there, let alone with all seasons. I see Mr Robot has its 4 seasons too, so they are slowly completing their catalogue.

Back
Top Bottom