Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Wrath of the Druids Impressions

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer checked out the expansion Wrath of the Druids for Assassin's Creed Valhalla:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids is a massive expansion stuffed with pagans, intrigue, and Irish mythology

Valhalla's first big DLC was worth the wait.

On the sacred sizing chart of videogame DLC, Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids sits just a few notches shy of Big Chungus. It's an impressively large expansion--which maybe isn't all that surprising considering Valhalla itself is a titanic RPG--that expands on nearly every aspect of the core game. You want a big, new story? It's up to you to reunite all of Ireland. You want more regions to explore? Wrath of the Druids has four of them, and they're each stunning. You want new enemies? Armor and weapons? Mythological creatures? Skills? Abilities? Cultists to hunt? Wrath of the Druids has all of that too. Aside from some frustrations (most of which are the same complaints I had with Valhalla's main campaign), Wrath of the Druids is a no-brainer for anyone who wants a little more Eivor in their life.

What's great is that even if you're still chewing through Valhalla's 60-hour main story, you can make the trip over 9th century Ireland whenever you want. Wrath of the Druids is available after completing one of the two initial quest arcs introduced after arriving in England and has a base power level of 55 (that scales upward so even veteran players will still be challenged). So it's basically available once players have completed Valhalla's hours-long prologue.

[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

I never got into AC, played maybe 20 hours and stayed on the starter island. I know Valhalla is more the same but love Ireland and the viking setting. So now that the DLC is out may pick the game and DLC up and give it a shot.

It was so dry I had to quit after 2 hours to play Age of Decadence instead.

Back
Top Bottom