loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

March 26th, 2018, 14:52
OK I usually defend this game but I can't help thinking about the "Its a small world" ride at Disney. Can they make an effort and put him at the tiller or something?

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 26th, 2018, 17:15
I sail all the time
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

March 26th, 2018, 17:38
Ok, legit laughed at this. How he jumps and the boat goes: Vroom, vroom!
Seriously whole thing could pass as Skyrim mod. ( even that jumping-pause-in-the-air-to-levitate animation.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

March 26th, 2018, 17:44
It's still only in Alpha stage, but yeah, it looks pretty weird that he's just standing there while the boat steers itself. I assume they just haven't added those animations yet.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

March 26th, 2018, 20:06
Yeah, stearing by axe is funny but . . .

For alpha stage, the graphics look to be Skyrim quality. Put me in the interested category.

Dajjer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

March 27th, 2018, 00:38
I like the art direction. But this is an mmo isn't it? I don't do mmo's anymore.
--
If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

March 27th, 2018, 04:38
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
I like the art direction. But this is an mmo isn't it? I don't do mmo's anymore.
It's not an MMO. Afaik, it's an open-world action RPG with 3 different game modes.

From the website…
Three game modes: Single player, PVE, PVP - You can form a group and play cooperatively with friends, go to designated areas that are open to player versus player gaming and encounters, or play solo.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

March 27th, 2018, 05:18
It's PVE/PVP MMO with short, shallow, irrelevant and silly couple of hours of soloing.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

March 27th, 2018, 05:26
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
It's PVE/PVP MMO with short, shallow, irrelevant and silly couple of hours of soloing.
Yes but don't forget since you can play solo it has Single player.(That's sarcasm people.)
Rune is an open-world sandbox game set in a dangerous Norse universe where gods, beasts, and the last remaining humans struggle to survive. It was foretold that during Ragnarok, the gods would fall and the Nine Realms would be consumed by frost and fire. This was foretold…but this is not what happened. The Nine Realms are frozen and crumbling under the weight of war while the gods live on.

Rune blends intense Action-RPG survival gameplay with savage PvP and PvE battles. As you journey to end Ragnarok, you’ll fight gruesome undead Vikings in brutal melee combat, raid enemy structures, collect resources, and craft the most powerful weapons the realms have ever seen. You’ll explore vast lands, build ships, sail through dangerous waters, and make sacrifices to your god in exchange for blessings to help you end Ragnarok.

Cooperative PvE multiplayer allows you to form clans with your friends to raid, loot, and end Ragnarok together. Or, engage in brutal PvP combat and destroy your enemy’s base. Regardless of your chosen path, it is up to you to defeat giants, dragons, beasts, and the undead to end Ragnarok. It is only through the complete and utter destruction of Loki and his minions that the world will be reborn.Are you ready to take down a god?
As no doubt you will still have to be online, and play in a game world designed for PVE/PVP play. It's just like all the other online service games that promise SP.

Game Link - https://www.runeragnarok.com/ - (Note you need an account to play.)

Update: You can play offline based on other games it will not be the preferred choice.
Can I play the campaign offline by myself?

Yes, you can play the campaign in single player mode, offline, without connecting to a server.

What replay value does the campaign offer?

There will be different difficulty modes to test your skill, hidden secrets to find, different abilities you can attain from different god alignments, and a lot of places to explore. Reliving the story in multiplayer will also add a lot of variety to each playthrough, especially with tweaks to different server settings for a unique experience every time.
So basically designed for PVE/PVP.
--
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks."
Last edited by Couchpotato; March 27th, 2018 at 07:27. Reason: Posted game description + Update

Couchpotato

Retired News-Editor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

March 27th, 2018, 05:30
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yes but don't forget since you can play solo its has Single player.(That's sarcasm people.)

As no doubt you will still have to be online, and play in a game world designed for PVE/PVP play. It's just like all the other online service games that promise SP.

Sigh . . . . . . . . Oh well, there are plenty of other games to play

Dajjer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

March 27th, 2018, 07:10
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
You may be right, but there's no proof of that yet. I'm willing to give Human Head Studios the benefit of the doubt for the time being. They've made some pretty good games in the past.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

March 28th, 2018, 20:52
Not enough games have mind-controlled Viking motor boats, bravo for bucking that trend.

Alaric

Watcher
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Rune - Sailing Preview