The Mystery Scene Game

It looks familiar though I know I hadn't seen it. I think it was featured in the Chop Socky documentary on IFC.

were both in the same boat, I have a rough time with the classics of Asian cinema. The newer ones like Crouching Tiger and House of Flying Daggers n stuff like that I can do.

Don't think we've seen it here before, but I have no idea unfortunately. I'm really not very good at this game!! :)

All the Roger Corman fans should probably get this.

yes, that is Shatner!

Ah!
The lower image of the girl and the crucifix was really familiar but the other shot wasn't so much.
It's The Intruder.

Oh, Incubus.
Hehe.. Shatner plus a crazy language!

Never heard of it!! Where do you find these?

Hell yeah! I gotta see that!
Thx for turnin me on to this, I never knew about it

edit -
Estimated ship date for this item: September 10, 2007
Incubus - William Shatner
$6.53 - Quantity: 1 - Usually ships within 1-2 business days
Sold by: closeoutvideo

Its so bizarre, I mean, a movie in Esperanto? With Shatner no less in a B-movie horror.

Apparently Shatner's a big fan of Esperanto and he's got running commentary on this about how the French loved this movie because they don't understand it.

He goes on to talk about his French and his is Quebecois but the French in France can't be understand even by themselves. This is why they love the movie. I'm not making this up!

http://www.incubusthefilm.com/

Whenever I watch TV (which is not all too often) I see bizarre movies :/, but this crowd has a most outrageous taste in flicks.

I agree, these aren't what's available at my local Megaplex!!

Mystery Scene #80

My first entry, finally. The image manages to encapsule the overall theme of the film pretty well. As a metaphor of course.

Attachments

• klhj_large_4.jpg
    klhj_large_4.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Gattaca. A movie I keep meaning to watch again, as I believe it's likely only become more relevant than it was when first released.

Gattaca. A movie I keep meaning to watch again, as I believe it's likely only become more relevant than it was when first released.

You are fast, Gallifrey, and you are correct too. It's an extremely good film with psychological aspects, emotions, ethics and as you also say, it's immensely relevant.

yep, great movie. every Bio professor at my college has seen it.

There is a big mistake in it though - they scan for blood samples for DNA as the prime way to check. Checking blood for DNA is one of the hardest ways to find it as Red Blood cells have no nucleus. They use it to carry oxygen. You have to get the DNA out of the white blood cells which are harder to collect.

This is quite common in books and movies.

At least it made sure what's his name collected all his skin and hair samples.

Who read Brave New World? Surprisingly relevant for a 100 year old book, although the class structure is a different time.

I loved Brave New World. Read that back in, oh, grade 10 or 11 and it had quite an impact.
People don't really change that much over time, not as much as we generally like to think we do. I mean, not much has really changed since the days of the Roman empire, so a 100 year old book that talks about humanity isn't likely to be that outdated.

Back
Top Bottom