Mass Effect: Andromeda - Looking Stunning

aries100

SasqWatch
According to GameRant, Bioware's Senior Director of Creative Development have this to
say about the game, in a tweet:

Played Mass Effect Andromeda yesterday and then today our new IP. Both of which are looking stunning. Today I wore a plain t-shirt.
GameRant goes on to conclude this, among other things:

Despite McNally's reassurance that Mass Effect: Andromeda is going well, the constant delays and development team restructuring has got many worrying about how Bioware's upcoming titles are going to turn out.
More information.

Ego trips aka vanity that hooked Bioware staff on social networks led them to believe not caring is impossible - to them it's just people not noticing although they're trying so hard. Poor sods.

As a protest because of ongoing Bioware idiocy noone cares about including thousands of people at GDC, I left all my N7 rags at home and today I wore Fallout t-shirt.

Looking stunning but no story as everyone has quit in the last few months?

Celtic, I'm stealing that line. Sorry man, time to troll Bio forum. :D

I wish this one would hurry up. I want a new Mass Effect game more than other anticipated release.

the-x-files-i-want-to-believe-print.jpg

I'm afraid the game will suck. Hopefully not, but I'm pretty skeptic about Bioware in the last few years. Well, if it does actually suck, at least it'll be stunning!

well dragon age 3 looks very good and this comes after more than 2 years; no doubt will be a cool cinematic pewpew experience with some rpg stuff

Played plenty of witcher yesterday. Today I wore just boxers.

Mass Effect's universe is just so deep and rich that I don't even care what they write about it, I just want to know more of it. 2017 Q1 feels so far that I refuse to anticipate the release yet, but from the games that are announced and I know will be released at some point, there is nothing I'd rather play half as much as Andromeda.

Maybe a new Witcher where Ciri is the lead character, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I'd be more surprised if a game with this supposedly high budget and production values doesn't look good. Give me details on mechanics, story and characters. Eye candy is just eye candy.

Yeah exactly. It will look great, no doubt. Dragonage 3 looked great. The issue is whether it plays well or not, whether it is a strong concept, what the mechanics are. I know plenty of folk liked DA3 but I found it a bit dull. Same with ME3. I'm getting bored with the Bioware formula, but ME is an amazing setting and they could definitely grab my interest if they come up with a strong concept.

Mass Effect's universe is just so deep and rich that I don't even care what they write about it, I just want to know more of it. 2017 Q1 feels so far that I refuse to anticipate the release yet, but from the games that are announced and I know will be released at some point, there is nothing I'd rather play half as much as Andromeda…
Wish I had your enthusiasm about bioware but I stopped playing after ME2. The exploitation of fans and customers with dlc that is only available from ea at completely absurd prices, even 6 years later. That's not even going into, the behind the scenes forced and criminal hostile takeover, of bioware by ea. riccitiello even dragged Bono into it using him to help disguise his intent to scoop up IPs for ea, independently. Or the horrid treatment of employees and the constant loss of talent.

…Maybe a new Witcher where Ciri is the lead character, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
Hell, the whole series should have been about her, then at least it would have been amazing. :worship:
Instead we got stuck with absurdly contrived and false, forced choices with the absolute lack of neutrality. The original is a good example, (iirc) in chap 3 where we are forced to choose between Triss or Shani. The forced and ridiculous choice at the bank and please don't get me started on Abigail.

The developers are obviously talented and the Witcher world is well made but the idea we were forced to play geralt was ridiculous. While I can only talk about the original, I've heard and read about how 2 and 3 continued the same, horrid style.

Yeah exactly. It will look great, no doubt. Dragonage 3 looked great. The issue is whether it plays well or not, whether it is a strong concept, what the mechanics are. I know plenty of folk liked DA3 but I found it a bit dull. Same with ME3. I'm getting bored with the Bioware formula, but ME is an amazing setting and they could definitely grab my interest if they come up with a strong concept.

Yeah, I had trouble getting into DAI. I think part of it was that right from the get go, the laser light show was dialled up to 11 - there were loads of spells and lightning bolts and fireballs flying around and I was just sort of aimlessly clicking around without really knowing what it all meant, what was powerful and dangerous and what was not. It was a bit like a bad special-effects film that sort of numbs you with pyrotechnics, without actually involving you.

I much prefer an RPG that starts you out with a rusty sword and a basement full of rats, and slowly introduces things so you learn as you go.

Played plenty of witcher yesterday. Today I wore just boxers.

I want to like this but "Boxer" is just to close to "Joxer" Which makes me think you have a mod making the witcher look and sound like Joxer. Turning the Witcher into a game where you going around smashing phones out of peoples hands that are playing games on them and leveling up every time you defeat respawning bears.

Up until Dragon age Inquisition I bought everything Bioware, but it was that game which proved to me that Bioware no longer exist.

Andromeda will be just another wannabe-boring-mmo

Ah well as the resident BioWare loving fanboy that I am, I cant wait to play this.:smitten:

If it's more or less like one of the previous ME games, I'll love it.

Back
Top Bottom