Fallout 3 Fallout 3: Post-play impressions and reviews

How do you rate Fallout 3? (ONLY vote after you played a serious portion of it)

• An Excellent Game

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Good

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Acceptable

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Below average

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Bad, lousy & rotten

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters

Remus

Antihero
The game will be released soon, i like to hear your comments whether you're hard core fallout player, casual gamer or a new fallout follower.

Um I hope you mean after its releadsed....

Um I hope you mean after its releadsed....

That would be the assumption:
*Please* don't vote unless you own the game and have played a reasonable portion and can make an actual judgment

Yup, rate the game based on your impression or after have played a reasonable portion of the game.

Could admin change the title of the poll a bit to something clearer?

My suggestion; rename the poll into something like;
"ONLY vote after you played a serious portion of it: How do you rate Fallout 3?"

And the title into something like;
"Fallout 3: Post-play impressions and reviews"

... and delete this discussion after that...

I've changed the title. Left the discussion though.

Early on you can see the Oblivion-with-guns factor, but also a whole lot more. I have enjoyed the interactions and breadth of stuff to do in the first couple of hours ... but there is also that 'big huge tracts of nuthin' to do' feeling at times as in Oblivion.

useless poll look you have one vote mods wanna say who it was?

Patience, my young Padawan.

For many of us, the game is not yet available!! :(

The local shop said the game got delayed until mid-November. Oh well. I haven't finish the Witcher:EE and watching my B/C-list horror films anyway.:biggrin:

It's out here on Friday.

Just picked up my collector's edition on the way home from work. Very cool packaging, although much smaller than I thought it was going to be.

I think we are going to see a lot of people bash what might be a generally good game simply because it fails to mimic it's predecessors.

It is not Fallout as we know it, but I really have to say I am having fun with it for what it is: a sprawling post-apocalyptic shooter with RPG elements. In some ways it's what I had hoped STALKER would have been. I have rated it "good" after about 3 hours of play time.

Reading all the historical pieces around the net and watching the feature on game trailers... i realized i never finished Fallout and Fallout 2. I thought i did manage to get through number 1, and in number 2 i know i lost interest after half the game.

Hm, perhaps i am before my time and really looking forward the consolification seeing i love Dead Space so much. I want to be hand held and led through the experience. Perhaps i should blame the work for frying my brain with solving puzzles and trying to make people work together as a team.

Perhaps i am looking forward to a game where i can enjoy it as a rollercoaster or as a free roamer as time permits.

Anyway, really looking forward to get the game today.

Btw, is there anyone here playing it with the XBOX controller on a PC. (After Dead space i really like it - even replayed crysis warhead with the controller and thought it was cool and fun and easy).

- if i was younger i would have been so right feeling this way. Nowadays it feels like i am betraying my own kind saying that consolifications is a good thing! :)

Hey basilisk,

Yeah I spent three hours so far as well, I do disagree that its a shooter(why do we always want to place games into genre?) I would more clasify it as a action rpg just because you do not really play this game like a shooter.

I think alot of you will be surprised with just how well they hit the feel of fallout with this one. Props to bethesda for this. I rated it excellent by the way.

How it performs on your system and on what setting? Better still take a screenshot as an appetizer...:)

BTW, anyone getting the Fallout 3's collector edition? I checked but the price kind of scary. How's the Vaul-tec lunch box look like?

Last edited:
I've played it for a few hours myself and have quite enjoyed it so far. I, like the previous posters don't really look at it as a shooter, because of how many other things that are in the game, not to mention, the ability to talk your way out of a bad situation.

I have enjoyed the character customization quite a bit and look forward to multiple playthroughs going different routes. And the different customization that can be done with weapons, from what I hear is pretty cool unto itself.

I don't have a terribly powerful rig, mine's a AMD 3000 64, 2 GB Ram, and a Nvidia 7600 GT and I can run it pretty smoothly in medium settings, the engine seems pretty optimized from early estimations, but I think I'll also be picking this up for the Xbox 360 because of how it'll run better overall, maybe towards Christmas or something.

Back
Top Bottom