What games are you playing now?

Enderal is pretty great. It's almost a miracle what SureAI is able to do with their overhauls.

Haven't come up for air lately because Disgaea totally has me enthralled. All angels must die, demon-days rule!!! If you like tough tactical battles and don't mind the jrpg setting, the first game in this series is really decent. Pretty sure I'll be trying the next one if I ever complete this......

Enjoying Pillars of Eternity again - though it still has a lot of issues. I absolutely hate the "recovery" system and spell-casting mechanics. It's like they don't want you to cast spells at all.

But the old-school atmosphere and trappings are keeping my heart warm and my soul lit. For now.

Other than that, I'm getting genuinely hooked on ESO - which is not necessarily a good sign. The combat system finally clicked with me - and I always loved pretty much everything else about the game.

It's the only MMO I've ever played where I can truly enjoy just exploring stuff - and doing random dungeons and delves. They were very smart in terms of rewarding players without having them grind. Well, at least at this stage :)

Also, of all the MMOs I've played (nearly all of them) - this is the one that feels the largest in terms of meaningful content. There's literally no end to interesting stuff you can find and do.

Not a miracle or anything, but it's the best modern MMO on the market - in my opinion.

With a pinch of shame ... Kerbal Space Program (with Real Solar System and Realism Overhaul mods), OpenTTD and Dark Seed ... :D

Decided to play through Pillars of Eternity for the first legitimate time (unless you count my attempt at launch that was so marred by bugs that it completely turned me away from not just the game but Obsidian as a whole). I've been enjoying the RPG aspects more than I anticipated. It took me days to come up with a character with which I was ready to play the game.

If it weren't for the completely horrible combat mechanics, this would be a really good game :p Between the characters and enemies all jostling to be right on top of one another and the tiny UI icons making it difficult to determine what your characters are doing at a simple glance, it's downright tedious to engage in combat; I find myself dreading battles not due to difficulty but rather its lack of clarity.

I was thinking, however, that if Obsidian had the wherewithal, they could clean up combat and introduce NWN-like multiplayer. Instead of simply struggling to polish 20 year old mechanics, they could establish a strong online community with private servers keeping their IP alive.

Decided to play through Pillars of Eternity for the first legitimate time (unless you count my attempt at launch that was so marred by bugs that it completely turned me away from not just the game but Obsidian as a whole). I've been enjoying the RPG aspects more than I anticipated. It took me days to come up with a character with which I was ready to play the game.

If it weren't for the completely horrible combat mechanics, this would be a really good game :p Between the characters and enemies all jostling to be right on top of one another and the tiny UI icons making it difficult to determine what your characters are doing at a simple glance, it's downright tedious to engage in combat; I find myself dreading battles not due to difficulty but rather its lack of clarity.

I was thinking, however, that if Obsidian had the wherewithal, they could clean up combat and introduce NWN-like multiplayer. Instead of simply struggling to polish 20 year old mechanics, they could establish a strong online community with private servers keeping their IP alive.

Despite how often we disagree - and especially about mechanics and the virtues of the obtuse and the old-school for the sake of being old-school, we seem to share the same opinion about the weakness of PoE ;)

Started Mass Effect: Andromeda over the weekend.
Just some first early impressions. Don't want to bore you with too much.

It's not that bad. In fact the planetary exploration aspect is much improved over ME1-3. It's almost too much. Some rather pointless. Rewards do need to be better. This after still being on Eos, past the alien triplet reveal and trudge so to speak to avoid spoilers.

So far the cast of characters is mostly uninteresting and bland. But I hope that changes with unfound side kicks.

Facial animations mostly fine, some are still bad though.

Movement feels like I am walking through molasses. I am sure it's adding momentum for more realistic motion, but to me it's just annoying. Will take getting used to like I did for Witcher 3.

Story so far is ok. But illogical at times.

And the exploration ship you're given is a nice upgrade over the Normandy.

I do have to say the premise of being a pathfinder for settling is a nice departure from saving the galaxy against the big bad McGuffin, but maybe that comes later.

Last edited:
playing shadows of mordor. I know it's too easy and very repetitive but I just have a lot of fun with it for some reason. I may balance it out with a play through of POE if I need a break. I'm hoping to finish it though as I plan on getting Shadows of war upon release.

Almost bought shadows of Mordor during the latest sale. In the end it seems too much grinding

Finished heart of stone. Nice little story, presentation is great as usual. Glad the difficulty seems to increase, I even died a couple of times. Next up is Toussaint but first a pit stop in Berlin (dragonfall)

Liking the combat in dragonfall a lot so far, but given that i die more than I'd like makes me think I haven't have the mechanics fully down yet.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Starting to really get into Deus Ex: MD. I'm still only in Prague due to limited gaming time, but I'm pretty impressed so far.

I like the slight change in art style from DX:HR. It's less cyberpunk, but the dystopian setting is extremely well done. The visuals are great on the highest settings, and it runs very smooth.

I love exploring Prague so far. It feels more like a real place than any of the hubs in DX:HR did to me. As much as I liked HR, I never felt like exploration was really a strong point.

I really don't get the user reviews for this game. It seems a lot better than what the average score is. Unless it really tanks towards the end, I'm guessing this is another game that got trolled because people were butthurt over something the publisher did.

Yes, users were butthurt because the publisher was trolling them with damned phonegame(s).

Starting to really get into Deus Ex: MD. I'm still only in Prague due to limited gaming time, but I'm pretty impressed so far.

I like the slight change in art style from DX:HR. It's less cyberpunk, but the dystopian setting is extremely well done. The visuals are great on the highest settings, and it runs very smooth.

I love exploring Prague so far. It feels more like a real place than any of the hubs in DX:HR did to me. As much as I liked HR, I never felt like exploration was really a strong point.

I really don't get the user reviews for this game. It seems a lot better than what the average score is. Unless it really tanks towards the end, I'm guessing this is another game that got trolled because people were butthurt over something the publisher did.

Agree with your positive comments, and think you will continue to enjoy game.

Issues I had with game were its limited geographic scope (not enough different locations) and the way player was required to go from place to place for each mission, usually requiring multiple subway trips for each mission; hence, artificially increasing play time.

Some cutscenes were a bit long. Overall game had 3-4 hours of cutscenes -- various ppl have consolidated and collected same.

What the game did do, it did extremely well. Immersion excellent.

Good to great game IMO, just felt game length was insufficient; and didn't like that game raised but didn't resolve some questions.

Enjoy

__

I got ~60 hours out of it, so I think the length was more than fine for a DE game.

I overall loved it, but consider it clearly weaker than DE:HR. Mostly because of the way the story evolves and ends very suddenly and how it's very lacking in unique story mission locations, which I consider one of the most important parts of a DE game.

That said, I agree Prague is absolutely excellent. Best hub area of any DE game, even though I tend to prefer more of a sci-fi vibe. I easily spent more than half my playtime exploring that area.

I assume there must be a considerable drop in quality later on because what I've played so far is superior (imo) to DX:HR in every way. I'm still very much in the early parts of the game though.

There's no quality drop that I'm aware of.

It just ends too suddenly in terms of story and I, personally, would have wanted more unique story locations.

If you don't mind only having a tiny handful of unique story locations, then you'll probably like it more than DE:HR overall.

I don't personally think DE:HR was inferior in many ways - but to each his own.

This is amazing. I found an already fixed&configured version of Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen that runs beautifully on Win10. And I'm not sure you can call that piracy, since I cannot buy Blood Omen anywhere. But it works wonderfully, and I feel a fully playthrough of the whole series incoming. I'm so excited! Haven't played the series in a long time.

Starting to really get into Deus Ex: MD.

Remove the us and : MD, and we're playing practically the same game.

dex-logo.jpg

Well not really, but it's a fun 2D platformer, good cyberpunk feel and aestethics, light on rpg elements, decent quests and characters.
Sure hope CDPR handles hacking better though.

Still enjoying Deus Ex: MD, but I'm starting to see some cracks in the armor. The AI is highly inconsistent in this game. It ranges from omnipotent to dumb as hell.

In some instances, I can rummage through drawers literally right behind someone, and they can't hear a thing. While other times a certain action will immediately alert every guard within a city block.

It's truly puzzling.

Back
Top Bottom