Medieval Plague Tale = different kind of RPG :)

Farflame

SasqWatch
This medieval action adventure looks interesting. Something like medieval The Last of Us or less actiony and psychotic but more "squeaky" Hellblade. Very different kind of "RPG". :)

There are ENGLISH subtitles in the video.

Few other features:
- alchemy system that allows to upgrade gears and skills - and also has big impact on the story itself.
- enemies will drop loot when killed, but players will not always be able to access it because of the rats.

Why is she killing guards?
No, I don't think it's my cup of tea.

Too many games for me to play anything that's not English first, but I wish them well. Not every game has to be a hit in the US. Just the ones I play :evilgrin:

Why is she killing guards?

Because they are inquisition soldiers that hunt the orphans (main heroes). BOTH rats and inquisition are your enemies - they just dont cooperate for obvious reasons. So you can use one against the other.

Basic concept is:
- there are rats everywhere for some reason
- inquisition kills your family, kids escape
- inquisition hunts you for some reason
- you must survive and find out what is going on

No, I don't think it's my cup of tea.

Why not? Its not scam or grind and there are no bears. Even if they put there bear as a boss (which is unlikely) you will be able to kill it using rats which must be original and satisfying idea for those who hate bears. ;)

Why not… Because that child from the video is spielbergian nonexisting creature of IQ=23786789235623478123468723 that has more wisdom than 10 billions of people combined. Can't stand such stuff, sorry. Kids don't survive hunts and those that do don't kill other people, plain and simple.

Note that I'm not talking about atrocios children recruitment with brainwashing in order to use them both as murderers and for sexual abuse (Uganda, Cambodia, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka). Recruited children are trained/raised to kill. Also note that I said are, not were, although we're in 2018., such stuff is still happening.
The game is not about that. If it was, that'd make it instabuy for me.

Last edited:
Why not… Because that child from the video is spielbergian nonexisting creature of IQ=23786789235623478123468723 that has more wisdom than 10 billions of people combined.

How did you get the idea that the small boy is overboosted spielbergian genius? He is somewhat special in story, he can cooperate with you, but other than that he is mostly hindrance like normal kid. Easy to freak and panick.

I didn't see any sub-titles - or do you have to go to the you tube page?

Subtitles are ok and on. Maybe for some reason you have to turn them on manually.

like the sling, very non traditional.

Yes and you should be able to upgrade the sling. I like the siege tower. :)

I don't know - a sling and a bag full of cats would do wonders. Of course, then you would end up with an overpopulation of feral cats. I think the Australians can tell you stories about how that works out.

a sling and a bag full of cats would do wonders. Of course, then you would end up with an overpopulation of feral cats.

I dont know. Its whole sea of rats. Several cats will soon become fed and fat. :) And sea of rats would soon look unharmed.

That is quite the different kind of game. Not sure if it would be something up my alley, might have to wait on feedback or test the demo, if one exists, before actually purchasing this.

For me it probably depends on the price. For 15€ or so I might get it. Looks like it has great atmosphere and very shallow gameplay.

Looks like it has great atmosphere and very shallow gameplay.

Well, gameplay on the video may look shallow, but devs said there are different gameplay sections. There should be some stealth sections, adventure sections (solving puzzles) and action (dynamic) sections. For some puzzles you need to cooperate with your companions. So I dont expect the whole game will just like the video.

Back
Top Bottom