Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Performance-related tip: If the game gets laggy or choppy, or the performance dips a bit, try restarting your computer. This fixes any sluggish performance, at least for me.

And Overhead Chop seems bugged in my game. I'm not getting double strength bonus on damage rolls with Amiri. :( Anyone tested this in 1.1?

I agree - the game has a memory leak. Restarting the game or computer helps after several hours of playing.

Another small rant, this time related to the ending (massive spoiler):

They really need to fix the ending. After slogging through a stupid amount of Wild Hunt related enemies, both in the castle and the capital, the actual end fight with the Lantern King has two massive bugs:

1) Nyrissa becomes hostile even if everything is done 100%, including romancing her. This makes the fight almost impossible unless the difficulty is lowered.
2) The final conversation with the Lantern King is bugged, so if you ask about Nyrissa, the conversation will break off, she'll go hostile again, and the game can't be completed. This is more than a little frustrating when it happens after X amount of reloads because the fight is already much more difficult than it's supposed to be due to her being hostile in the first place.

I think it took me about 10 hours from the start of Nyrissa's castle to the end fight with the Lantern King, and of those 10 hours at least 9 of them were nothing but frustration. I'll be starting a new party soon, but I really hope they fix the end game before I get there again.

Did you check the combat log?

Yep. Apparently Overhead Chop only applies to single attack actions, like Charge etc.. Not full round attacks. So no feat for me, I'll pass on that. Although when I charged to test it I didn't notice it functioning either, just got the usual charge bonus. Will test that later today and report back.

Edit - The Charge action gave me a +3 to damage rolls, which is half my damage bonus extra (I have a +6), but the correct amount of Strength (22 overall strength, so +3 makes sense).

As it was explained to me:

Am I assuming correctly in that your Amiri has 22 Strength(+6 modifier)?

Because if it is 16, then the skill does as it is supposed to. It doubles your Strength modifier(it adds an extra +3 to the the standard strength modifier, for a total of +6).

Last edited:
Another small rant, this time related to the ending (massive spoiler):

They really need to fix the ending. After slogging through a stupid amount of Wild Hunt related enemies, both in the castle and the capital, the actual end fight with the Lantern King has two massive bugs:

1) Nyrissa becomes hostile even if everything is done 100%, including romancing her. This makes the fight almost impossible unless the difficulty is lowered.
2) The final conversation with the Lantern King is bugged, so if you ask about Nyrissa, the conversation will break off, she'll go hostile again, and the game can't be completed. This is more than a little frustrating when it happens after X amount of reloads because the fight is already much more difficult than it's supposed to be due to her being hostile in the first place.

I think it took me about 10 hours from the start of Nyrissa's castle to the end fight with the Lantern King, and of those 10 hours at least 9 of them were nothing but frustration. I'll be starting a new party soon, but I really hope they fix the end game before I get there again.

I didn't experience that bug, sorry to hear you had to go through that.

Did Nyrissa accept Briar when you offered? If she rejected, then you didn't romance her. And to unlock the true secret ending, I heard you have to finish all relevant curse research project via kingdom system.

I'n neutral about ending choices.

Because I romanced Tristian, Nyrissa rejected briar. This meant at the end of chapter 6, I had two choice - either offer her to join me or let her go. Letting her go ends the game in chap 6, which I found a lot more satisfying - now my kingdom is safe, and Nyrissa gets what she deserves (Lantern king is such an ass). If I ask her to join me, then chap 7 starts. Nyrissa fought alongside me against Lantern king at the end of chapter 7 without bugging out. I also asked about Nyrissa's fate to Lateran king after the fight and it didn't bug out.

At the end of chap 7, I was offered three choices - I tell both to leave me and my kingdom alone from now, or made immortal by either the Lateran king or Nyrissa. None of them felt right because I didn't want to be immortal and owe neither Nyrissa or Lateran king. But to just walk away means, people in Golarion suffered due to my arrogance (same result as letting Nyrissa go at the end of chap 6, except so many people died because of my choice + the wild hunt frustration), which kinda gives the gist "know your place as a mortal or suffer the consequences". I kinda liked that, you don't just punch on with Demi-gods and have easy time getting away with it.

I'm with you for hoping Owlcats will fix the end game. They really need to balance out the castle, like half the number of wild hunt waves or something. It's tedious and rage inducing for no good particular reason. Also the bugs as well - can't imagine your frustration to go through all that at the end :(

Are you going to attempt to unlock the secret ending again, Maylander? I decided not to bother, seems too much of effort, going to stick with finishing the game in chap 6 in my third playthrough.

Last edited:
Did Nyrissa accept Briar when you offered? If she rejected, then you didn't romance her. And to unlock the true secret ending, I heard you have to finish all relevant curse research project via kingdom system.

I'n neutral about ending choices.

Because I romanced Tristian, Nyrissa rejected briar. This meant at the end of chapter 6, I had two choice - either offer her to join me or let her go. Letting her go ends the game in chap 6, which I found a lot more satisfying - now my kingdom is safe, and Nyrissa gets what she deserves (Lantern king is such an ass). If I ask her to join me, then chap 7 starts. Nyrissa fought alongside me against Lantern king at the end of chapter 7 without bugging out. I also asked about Nyrissa's fate to Lateran king after the fight and it didn't bug out.

At the end of chap 7, I was offered three choices - I tell both to leave me and my kingdom alone from now, or made immortal by either the Lateran king or Nyrissa. None of them felt right because I didn't want to be immortal and owe neither Nyrissa or Lateran king. But to just walk away means, people in Golarion suffered due to my arrogance (same result as letting Nyrissa go at the end of chap 6, except so many people died because of my choice + the wild hunt frustration), which kinda gives the gist "know your place as a mortal or suffer the consequences". I kinda liked that, you don't just punch on with Demi-gods and have easy time getting away with it.

I'm with you for hoping Owlcats will fix the end game. They really need to balance out the castle, like half the number of wild hunt waves or something. It's tedious and rage inducing for no good particular reason. Also the bugs as well - can't imagine your frustration to go through all that at the end :(

Are you going to attempt to unlock the secret ending again, Maylander? I decided not to bother, seems too much of effort, going to stick with finishing the game in chap 6 in my third playthrough.

Yeah, I unlocked it by giving her the briar freely after having done all the curse projects. She was calling me "my love" through the whole conversation before the final fight, and then she tried to kill me. She was also immortal during the fight. No idea if that's intentional. Afterwards, she wanted to sacrifice herself for me and my kingdom so we could all live in peace. I looked it up, and it seems I'm not the only one, so I assume it's an issue they're aware of by now.

Getting through all the curses is a bit of a pain due to their length, but it's not that big of a deal in the later chapters, so I will try again!

Yeah, I unlocked it by giving her the briar freely after having done all the curse projects. She was calling me "my love" through the whole conversation before the final fight, and then she tried to kill me. She was also immortal during the fight. No idea if that's intentional. Afterwards, she wanted to sacrifice herself for me and my kingdom so we could all live in peace. I looked it up, and it seems I'm not the only one, so I assume it's an issue they're aware of by now.

Getting through all the curses is a bit of a pain due to their length, but it's not that big of a deal in the later chapters, so I will try again!

OMG!! Any chance for you to post the ending slide??? You are the only one I know who unlocked the secret ending!!!

Do you remember which curse projects you had to complete? I would like to know if you don't mind

Btw I admire your patience and persistence lol

Hey guys, question about kingdom management. My current advisers are Kassil (+14), Harrim (+13), Tristian (+15), Octavia (+11), Linzi (+11), Storyteller (+12), etc.. The ones who get the most missions are Tristian, Octavia, Kassil, etc.. I'm in Act 4 and wondering if those numbers are high enough now, because some events are happening that are DC 25, DC 22, DC 24, etc.. I don't want to get overrun but I think I need to rank them up ASAP. I just turned my Outskirts village into a town and I'm a bit low on BP (I usually explore the map and sell magical items to buy BP), so I'm just hoping the hard events don't start overrunning my ability to keep up with them. Would you guys say those are respectable adviser stats for level 11/mid Act 4?

I found that DC required changes depending on which advisor you assign. As in, let's say both Linzi and Storyteller can be assigned for the same issue, and Linzi has like +14 chance, whereas story teller only has +5. Then I saw DC chance getting lowered when I assign storyteller compared to when I assign Linzi instead. I don't know whether that is bug or not though?

Also, some of events have real high DC checks regardless, I think its the design choice. For example:

My Queen was invited for some lizard folks funeral and I didn't want to attend because... they perform some unethical... ritual. The DC check for this one was VERY HIGH, even though my advisors skills were 20+. So I'm inclined to believe this mission is designed to be difficult to succeed in

OMG!! Any chance for you to post the ending slide??? You are the only one I know who unlocked the secret ending!!!

Do you remember which curse projects you had to complete? I would like to know if you don't mind

Btw I admire your patience and persistence lol
I completed all the curse projects. Every last one. However, there might be something else I missed, despite all the proclamations of love and what not:

https://pathfinderkingmaker.gamepedia.com/So_Shall_You_Reap

This appears to be a quest tied to the "secret ending", and I can't find anyone who's found a way to unlock it yet. Perhaps you need to do everything I did, but without Tristian destroying the occulus or some such thing. I'll try that this time around.

At any rate, I did get a slide mentioning Nyrissa, but it was more along the lines of "At times, the King could see Nyrissa in his dreams, as she was still searching for redemption".

Jhod resigned on me, lol. He got tired of all the things I would go against him on, so he just left. Wonder if he will still be in the story, because he's not in the throne room anymore. I'll miss Jhod. :(

Jhod resigned on me, lol. He got tired of all the things I would go against him on, so he just left. Wonder if he will still be in the story, because he's not in the throne room anymore. I'll miss Jhod. :(
Woah, what manner of devious ruler are you to drive that friendly guy away? :wideeyed:

Armag bug!?

Well...defeated the ^$#!! and then got into dialogue when I offered him a way out. Then instead of leaving, he went hostile. I killed him THREE times and he keeps on getting up after that and going hostile again. WTF? I'm going to try from an earlier save, but this may be my first serious game bug.

Spoiler tags please, @booboo;.
@Maylander;, I was just letting magic things happen that he didn't approve of. He didn't want a library of Nethys, even though it could potentially bring arcane knowledge (and yes, Nethys is a two-faced God, but still, one face is at least good :p). So we disagreed on small issues like that and eventually he just dipped. He's still in the capital though, but outside standing closer to the tavern. I asked him about a position in government and he said that we disagreed too many times, lol.

Harrim took over. I'm more afraid of the potential of Harrim there but eh, we'll see what happens. :sweatdrop:

Fluent, I dare say Harrim is pretty good at high priest role lol. I used him the whole time and he was fine.

@booboo; yes, please use the spoiler tag. As for your question, it's a bug, I got that too.

Just quickly unlock any chest and get out of that floor ASAP, he will forever get up and attack you. If you decided keep him alive and give him another chance, then he will talk to you without turning hostile once you are outside of the tomb. At least that's how it worked out for me.

Fluent, I dare say Harrim is pretty good at high priest role lol. I used him the whole time and he was fine.

Awesome. :) I like Harrim, his quest seems pretty interesting too. Thanks for the tip about that you gave me awhile back! :nod:

Companions personal quest concludes in chapter 5. I personally really love how Harrim's one ends :)

Companions personal quest concludes in chapter 5. I personally really love how Harrim's one ends :)

I'm in Act 4, just
finished the Sepulchre dungeon with the color panels, now heading to the next 2 sisters' areas
so I have a bit to go I guess with this Act. Approaching the furthest I've been in the game yet, and this second run I've seen way more already then I did the first time, including Harrim's quest.

You will be busy with quests for a while. That was the most adrenaline rushing part of the game for me (in a good way). Have fun! :)

You will be busy with quests for a while. That was the most adrenaline rushing part of the game for me (in a good way). Have fun! :)

Thanks! My adrenaline has been rushing trying to keep up with the Kingdom events, lol. Can't wait to see what happens from here though in the main story.

Question for those who finished the game (guess it's just @Maylander; at this point?)

I never managed to finish Amiri's personal quest since I decided to romance Tristian and couldn't save Nylak. What happens at HoR and afterwards? Amiri abandoned me at a Nyrissa's castle then in the ending slide it says we never found out what happened to her. I also want to know about her ginormous sword - it was broken by Armag and in my game, she just buried it with Nylak

Back
Top Bottom