Xenonauts 2 - January Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The January update for Xenonauts 2 announces the launch date of closed Beta 2, which is planned for the 23rd of January, and what that will involve.

Xenonauts-2 January Update!

Posted by Goldhawk Interactive (Creator)

Happy new year everyone, I hope you all had a great holiday season! It's time for another quick update on our progress and plans for Xenonauts-2.

We're currently working on the Closed Beta V2 series of builds. We've penciled in the 23rd January as the release date for V2, but this may slip a little - new features sometimes also bring new bugs that cause delays. In any case, we'll be sending out another update when it does go live.

The focus for V2 is to expand the playable content a bit and see if anything major breaks when you start to play multiple missions, and to start testing long-term systems like the soldier progression. We're also laying some of the foundations for the V3 series of builds, when we'll finally start considering the gameplay experience and game balance!

In other news, we're also hiring for a couple of roles:

These new hires should help us generate more content more quickly in preparation for our planned Early Access launch in March, and if you're interested in applying for either of them (or know someone that might be) then please check out the links.

Finally, I just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone that took part in the closed beta testing for the V1 builds. We got a huge amount of constructive feedback and lots of really useful bug reports, and as a result we were able to fix about seventy different issues (including fifteen different crashes) across the two weeks we were pushing out updates.

That's pretty much exactly what we were hoping for from the Closed Beta, which is brilliant - so hopefully we'll see some of you back when V2 launches in the next week or two!
More information.

Are they crowdfunding the sequel or going the Early Access route?

Looks like they are planning the early access route in March, which will be here before they know it. This is another game that I'm really keen on, they don't have to do a lot to sell me on it, pump up some of the scenarios from the first one, make some maps super tough, then let me at it!!

Thanks I wasn't sure because the first game was crowdfunded. Seems they made enough money to finish the sequel, or have no faith in crowdfunding anymore.

If it's the latter don't blame the as getting $25,000 is hard nowadays.

You mean this game xenauts-2 ? they crowdfunded a whlie ago.
Haven't followed this game for a while.

So yes I missed it as it was in June apparently.:(

I never backed this but backed the first...have to many games on early access right now.

I could apply for writing, but our main programmer always asks for graphics - after congratulating me on the great ideas on presenting the new missions. Writing missions is great as long as you don't have to create the graphics content for everything you have written. :D

Back
Top Bottom