My Patreon Page...or, Fluent Begs For Money, Episode 1

I appreciate your guys' input. I am happy to do what I am doing now, the way I am doing it now. :)

Instead of psycho-analysis, the point here is to sponsor me if you feel I have a body of work worth sponsoring. If you enjoy the content I make, then please sponsor me. It's that simple. :)

I'm certainly not attempting to psychoanalyse you over an internet forum. That would be a ridiculous and irresponsible thing to do. I was just offering my thoughts, based on personal experience and empathy, and based on strategies that are generally applicable to problems of anxiety, ADHD, and other social difficulties.

I did wish you luck and encouragement with your plans, I just thought, seeing as you asked for all input and specified your history, that I'd offer a suggestion.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I did say I was appreciative of your guys' input. Thank you for your suggestions and thoughts! :)

Last edited:
Please check out a new video I posted for the 'Watch, where I showcase a new mod for Gothic II!

You can also read the article I wrote, which is linked in the video's description.

If you like this sort of content, please donate $10 or more per month and become my Patron! For the price of one pizza per month, you can help support independent creativity! :) :party: :cool:

Bless all you wonderful people! ^^

Hey everyone.

Another day, another reason why you should support me on Patreon. :)

I cover RPGs and things related to RPGs. Role-playing games are a true love and passion of mine. I don't bother with most other genres, I simply love the RPG genre and everything about it. The stats, the attributes, the role-playing, the story-lines, the exploration; everything! I've been playing them for over 20 years and still remember fondly my first memories of playing RPGs as a child.

My first 'RPG' would have been the original Legend of Zelda. I loved walking into that cave at the beginning and having the old man give me the sword. What a sense of rewarding exploration and sheer joy when I entered that cave and got rewarded with the sword! I still remember swinging it about when I left the cave, and was giddy that I could use the weapon to kill enemies on the next screen!

As a child, my mother often gave me money to rent video games. At first, she would take me to the store and I would pick out the game. Over time, she started giving me the money and I would walk, sometimes more than a few miles, simply to rent a game! It wasn't because she didn't want to drive me, but often my dad had the only car we owned and was at work, so in order to rent my game, I had to walk. I loved RPGs so much that I would walk miles and not even think twice about it. It was that much of a passion of mine, and still is.

When I would get to the store, I'd go right to the RPG section. If there weren't sections, I would gravitate towards the games that looked like RPGs. I must have rented every game in the store, including action games, platformers, and more. But my favorites were always the RPGs.

I remember renting early Final Fantasy games for the SNES, and there would be other people's save files on the cartridge! How fun it was to load up these saves, often far into the game, and see how amazingly awesome it was to be a higher level with all this fancy equipment and high stats!

I would look at the HP and see it in the thousands, and I was absolutely mesmerized by it. What great times those were...

I still remember the first time I rented Chrono Trigger from the local game store. Well, I loved it so much, that I would play it as soon as I woke up in the morning before going to school! I'd cut the time so close that I literally had to run to my bus stop just to make the bus on time, because I was playing Chrono Trigger too much in the morning. :D

Also, Chrono Trigger was the first game that I actually racked up a serious bill of overdue charges. My mom had to pay something like $20 or $30 in overdue charges, and it was $1 a day overdue, or so. So, I kept it for a month straight before finally returning it to the store! :D

That's how much I loved and still love RPGs. My dream is to design my own RPG someday. In the meantime, I immerse myself deeply in the RPG world and try to cover as many games as I possibly can.

I do it all for you guys, the fans of RPGs. Reading your comments, seeing a liked post or a liked video, that makes all the difference to me. I love seeing that stuff, and it makes me want to continue forever!

So, I ask you all to become Patrons of mine. For $10 a month you will be helping me out a TON! I would have money to upgrade my computer to cover all the RPGs I can, I'd have money to actually buy games to cover, and so much more. Believe me, $10 is a lot to me because I have no other income, so every donation that you guys give means a lot. Every dollar means something. Even if you pledge $5 a month, it's still huge to me. That could buy me a bundle of games that has a great RPG in it I want to try, or even add to the money that will purchase me a new, shiny RPG to play and in turn, cover.

Maybe after so many months of pledges, I'd be able to upgrade my headset to provide clearer commentary. Or maybe I can upgrade my computer equipment, or editing software, in order to create better videos or play games at a higher framerate. So many possibilities! But I really need your guys' help. I can't do it without pledges and Patrons.

If I eventually reach a place where I can put together a team of talented individuals to make a new RPG, I will do it without hesitation. I have big dreams of someday doing this. You may laugh or think it's impossible now, but nothing is impossible! I believe that I can do it, but again, I need your help.

So, I hope you enjoyed reading this long mess. :lol: Please consider becoming a Patron of mine today. It would truly mean so much to me and help me realize my dreams of being a self-made RPG lover who gets paid to cover the games he loves.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your time. I love all of you!

Ciao! :)

Codex gonna Codex.

Um, I just dont like patreon's consistent payments. Is there no chance you could make a little paypal account and post the paypal.me link so i can fund you when i feel like it?

Um, I just dont like patreon's consistent payments. Is there no chance you could make a little paypal account and post the paypal.me link so i can fund you when i feel like it?

Thanks for the kind gesture, Damian. I may be able to figure out how to do that. If I do I'll post the link. :)

Well maybe Fluent and Mustawd can work together on that dream rpg, with or without the headset.
Find another volunteer, and this could be the beginning of a new Troika. :p

Amateurs again.

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/2008
pic.png

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/2012
pic2.png

ok, I'll bight.

w7C4ZGi.png

not sure I full understand it tho…

REPORTED!

Actually, all edginess aside fluent, it is difficult to start a youtube channel that people will actually follow, let alone pay for. At least you're trying. That's more than most people can say.

If you want unsolicited advice, I'd say build a following first before asking for monies again. Matt Chat has a ton of subscribers, but only a handful are actually patreons. So you probably need 100 subscribers for just ONE patreon. Matt has roughly 104 subscribers per each patreon.

In addition, not sure if you know this, but people like actual opinions OR analysis OR both. Matt's shtick are his interviews. His reviews or retrospectives or whatever are horrible. But the best youtubers have strong opinions and take a stand on something they like or dislike. It's entertaining to either disagree or agree with that. If you never have an opinion, it's just boring. Just my .02 cents cuz I feel like an asshole for bumping this thread, when I could have just PM'ed you about the headset.

Back
Top Bottom