The Cooking Thread

Open 1 Red Baron frozen pizza (original crust, 4 cheese), place on baking sheet. Add pepperoni (don't be shy, load 'er up!). Sprinkle extra cheese (a Kraft mozzerella/provolone/asiago mix never fails to please) over top of the pepperoni. Place in pre-heated oven (400deg) for 17 minutes. Remove and cut in quarters. Dine. Recommended wine: A cold can of Dr. Pepper (or two, all this cooking is thirsty work).

Fats, empty carbs, and a good bit of salt. All the nutrition a growing baby boy needs! ;)

Now we're talkin'.

Time to revive this thread, a decade later.

We have a veggie harvest building up, so I was looking for new recipes. This ratatouille is a bit of a work up, but the results are really great. Had it with some fresh baked bread. Something nice if you're having friends round in the garden.

I always been a fan of simple & easy to cook dishes.

Three Cheese Baked Mostaccioli

Ingredients

1 box Mostaccioli
1 Can of Ragu Old World Style (or Your Favorite) Spaghetti Sauce
6 slices Cheddar Cheese
6 slices Mozzarella Cheese
6 slices Provolone Cheese

Just cook the pasta, add the sauce, and bake at 350 F for for 45 minutes.

Edit: Add a salad of your choice and bake some store bought garlic knots.:drool:

Last edited:
I much prefer to make my own pasta, it's SO MUCH better than anything you can buy in a box!! (and it's only 2 ingredients, flour and eggs + a little water) :)

Notice I said simple and store bought boxes ins't any simpler.:biggrin:

You can always buy the more expensive fresh variety & make your own sauce.

Pepperoni Pizza Poppers are a good appetizer any time of the day also.

Pre-made biscuit or pizza dough, 1 bag mozzarella cheese, and your choice of sauce.

Nah, I have a machine that does all of the mixing, etc for me!! :)
I had one also but the damn motor broke down and I'm not buying another.

Getting it fixed cost as much as a new one also.:mad:

I find there's something a bit zen about growing and cooking fresh food - it takes just enough focus to stop your mind wandering, and just feels like a very natural activity, on some fundamental level. I find it's very helpful in maintaining tolerable mental health.

I usually eat some variety of beans and rice, sometimes with a bit of salt and pepper, other times fried in the juices from a burger patty i serve on top the bed of rice and beans. Tonight I mixed my rice and beans with some cream of mushroom soup and ate it out of the remains of a loaf of bread baked earlier in the day and eviscerated by one of my younger relatives.

I got adventurous last night and did a chicken kiev, slapped it on a hoagie roll with some mushrooms, and had at it. It filled me to the point that I couldn't eat the apple I also had ready, nor a snack later. I think so much bread plus the protein just did me in. I baked the chicken of course, as frying is a nasty thing to do to nice chicken.

Sadly, I've never seen wild garlic here, unless it has another name on this side of the world. I've done it with spinach and feta though!! :)

I just have to share this it's so delicious, and saves me money.

Copycat Arby's Beef and Cheddar

Link - https://zonacooks.com/arbys-beef-and-cheddar-copycat-recipe/

Arbys-Beef-and-Cheddar-Copycat-Recipe-20.jpg.webp

Or you could go pay $7 for just one sandwich at Arby's.

Last edited:
Oh man, that fast food stuff will do you in, mate.

I think I remember an Arby's from my days in SC and Georgia, back in the seventies/early eighties. The meat always seem to look semi-raw to me, lol.

My grand-grand-father in Bavaria used to squash garlic on a slice of bread, regularly.
The older I get, the more I like the taste of garlic myself. Sometimes, I put bought Aioli on a slice of bread. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aioli
Also tasty : Roasted garlic.

Man, I love a nice onion and mustard sandwich, with some garlic. That's some solidly good eating right there. Here in Florida I try to avoid using the oven between April and November, so I'm always scrounging for new sandwiches, salads, and cold soups to try out for size. Squash, zucchini and cucumber also make for excellent sandwiches, or tasty salad additions.

Oh man, that fast food stuff will do you in, mate.
Nah not really I eat out maybe two times a month at best now. When I was younger it was almost every day, but nowadays I rather cook or make all my meals at home.

I tend to like smoothies that taste good but also filling and healthy. Usually I make the green kind with fruit but found this one last month and been making it 2-3 times a week I like it so much. Great for breakfast or even dessert. Cold and super tasty and creamy. I use whole milk most of the time but sometimes use coconut, cashew, or oat milk instead. Nice things is the bananas you can slice and freeze and most everything else can be right on hand and keeps well.

I doubled the recipe as the below wasn't quite enough for me.

https://www.wellplated.com/oatmeal-smoothie-recipe/

1/4 cup old-fashioned oats or quick oats (pulse in blender first then add rest)
1 banana chopped into chunks and frozen
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or real milk, etc.)
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup plus additional to taste
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt don’t skip this, as it makes the oatmeal pop!
Ice optional, add at the end if you want a thicker smoothie

Back
Top Bottom