Favorite Dance Performances

No idea what motivated me to create this thread, but I said what the hell.

I have a passion to find great dance performances on the internet, so I thought why not see if others know of some interesting ones. I'll start with a few right off the top of my mind.

Chain Hang Low BEST DANCE - Fik-Shun - Do Your Chain Hang Low

Nothing too overly complex in his dance routine, but so fun seeing him perform.

Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal (Official Video)

Probably my favorite music video featuring some fantastic dance routines. A classic.

4K Remastered | 1995 VMA Awards - Full Performance - 60fps - Michael Jackson

A very cool live performance, featuring a medley of multiple songs, culminating in a very cool group dance performance of Dangerous/Smooth Criminal.

The Evolution of Michael Jackson's Dance - By Ricardo Walker's Crew

A really fun dance number of multple MJ dance moves, by a dude and his group. They have some serious dance skills.

junior breakdance (best in the world)

To not just end in another MJ video, this is a favorite breakdance video of mine, but the quality of the video is kinda bad. But you get the gist of it. Not exactly as musical and rythmic as the other ones, but the breakdancing skills are undenyable.

I like electro swing e.g. by Caravan Palace and this is a great dance performance by Les Ninjammerz to one of their songs:

More of an internet phenomenon, also with electro swing (by Parov Stelar), dancer is TSC - Forsythe:

or this

Last edited:
Of course an "evolution of Dance" video belongs here (there are several variants by different people):

Yeah, the flashmobs and random MJ dances across the world were hilarious. It was an impresive moment when he died. That day and the following days, pretty much anywhere I went there was some boom-box blaring MJ songs. That dude really impacted a lot of people. I grew up with his music, and loved it. Sad what his life devolved into.

That's a very cool video but I don't believe the text scrawl it starts with. There are a few moments, but flying backwards down the length of the plane at 1:30 is one of the most obvious.

I don't know. I watched a lot of making of videos for that video, and it all seemed very legit. They flew a boatload of parabolic flights in Russia to get all of that.

I always thought David Byrne was quite the dancer. You'd not think it looking at him, he looks rather awkward and quirky, yet he could bust out some moves, and did so at the shows I saw him at.

Fatboy Slim did a few great dance videos.

The most moving one is "Praise You":

And, of course, "Weapon of Choice" with Christopher Walken

Yeah, I grew up with some great hits of MJ too. He was apparently giving himself 100% and was expecting no less of the others, the result was impressive.

Here's a little … deviation. But it's all about rhythm and synchonization, after all ;)

I always thought David Byrne was quite the dancer. You'd not think it looking at him, he looks rather awkward and quirky, yet he could bust out some moves, and did so at the shows I saw him at.

Dat is true…
E.G. Once in a Lifetime…

Edit: For me "Stop Making Sense" is still the best concert movie ever made and there is also much dancing in it...

For some unexplainable reason I also like Riverdance...

Eh? I like that song and the video, but that's not what I would consider any kind of great dancing. In fact, I'm not sure if I'd even call that dancing.
I admit it was a little bit tongue in cheek...as the video was...

Check out the 14 seasons of So You Think You Can Dance if you want to find the best!! :)

Back
Top Bottom