Assassin's Creed Valhalla/Odyssey - Crossover Stories Trailer

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Wccf Tech reports that AC Valhalla/Odyssey Crossover Stories is released tomorrow, and that the next DLC Dawn of Ragnarok is confirmed.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla/Odyssey Crossover Drops Tomorrow, Dawn of Ragnarok Confirmed

Leaks and rumors have been flying fast and furious recently, and now Ubisoft has confirmed a whole mess of new Assassin's Creed DLC is on the way. First up, we have the first Assassin's Creed Crossover Story, which will see AC Valhalla's Eivor meeting up with Kassandra/Alexios. The free DLC will actually span both Assasin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla, with a new story for each Canadian-developed game. You can check out an Assassin's Creed Crossover Stories trailer below (warning, the trailer and description below contain AC Odyssey spoilers).

Here's a bit more detail about the big crossover...

Kassandra's appearance is part of a crossover that actually spans both games. Assassin's Creed Odyssey players will get a new free story, "Those Who Are Treasured," in which Kassandra or Alexios - having found the immortality-granting Staff of Hermes Trismegistus - travel to the island of Korfu as they wrestle with the question of what to do with their newfound longevity. In Assassin's Creed Valhalla, "A Fated Encounter" will bring Eivor to the Isle of Skye in Scotland, where they'll cross blades with Kassandra.

Those Who Are Treasured can be played after finishing Chapter 1 of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and reaching Megaris, although it's recommended that players finish the main game's three story arcs - Family, Cult of Kosmos, and Mythology - for spoiler reasons. This story sees Kassandra finding a new purpose in life: hunting down First Civilization artifacts. A Fated Encounter will open up after Assassin's Creed Valhalla players complete the quest "A Wise Friend," in which Eivor helps Valka establish herself in Ravensthorpe.

[...]
More information.

The game that keeps on giving, Ubisoft wasn't kidding when they said more content was planned for the next couple of years. I dread what the next game will become.

What an incredibly silly premise. This is pure fan service in a really dumb way.

Disagree, and I usually dislike fan service. Both games have their protagonists traveling through time and space. It's not a reach to have those mythological worlds intersect. I'll judge it based on how well they actually execute the stories.

No Assassin's Creed Infinity and Ubisoft's ambition to change the whole franchise.

Link - https://realsport101.com/assassins-...nity-release-date-information-leaks-and-more/
Yeah, I saw that a while ago. I've stopped playing AC since Syndicate anyway, I completely lost interest.

Assassin's Creed Jedi is already in production with Massive Entertainment. Like I said on the other thread though it's sounds more of a Division clone not Assassin's Creed.
Saw your post in the other thread after posting this. Weird, but we'll have to see what they do with that.

Saw your post in the other thread after posting this. Weird, but we'll have to see what they do with that.
Did you ever play a RTS strategy game called World in Conflict. It was one of the best RTS games released in the last decade, and it was developed by Massive Pre-Ubisoft.

To bad they wont make anymore RTS games.:(

Did you ever play a RTS strategy game called World in Conflict. It was one of the best RTS games released in the last decade, and it was developed by Massive Pre-Ubisoft.

To bad they wont make anymore RTS games.:(

Nope, I didn't even know Ubisoft acquired them before the recent news. ;)

But I know you're interested in RTS games; I like them but I found that I was only playing a little then loosing interest, so I don't try anymore. Something's missing for me I guess.

Disagree, and I usually dislike fan service. Both games have their protagonists traveling through time and space. It's not a reach to have those mythological worlds intersect. I'll judge it based on how well they actually execute the stories.

They have them travelling to a specific time and place, and that's how it should stay. Now they're retconning Odyssey to say he/she found an artifact that made them immortal just so they can milk both games a little more. The next DLC will have Ezio joining them.

They have them travelling to a specific time and place, and that's how it should stay. Now they're retconning Odyssey to say he/she found an artifact that made them immortal just so they can milk both games a little more. The next DLC will have Ezio joining them.

I played Odyssey, including the DLC and that is not a retcon.

Agreed, that's not a retcon, was part of the Odyssey story. Not the best part of it though, so eh.

The game that keeps on giving, Ubisoft wasn't kidding when they said more content was planned for the next couple of years. I dread what the next game will become.

Assassin Grandmothers duking it out in the city using their sticks and rods and throwing deadly sharp Bingo tickets as ninja stars.

+1 for Eivor being immortal not being a retcon at all. Play the whole game with the DLCs please.

+1 for Eivor being immortal not being a retcon at all. Play the whole game with the DLCs please.

Who the hell is Eivor?

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that the concept is silly and nothing more than a cash grab.

I can't wait for the sequel where they get all the protagonists from the AC games together for a battle royal. ;)

nothing wrong with a little fan service they have created a ton of other content as well.

That's the problem for me personally though as I haven't completed either game even though I enjoy my time with them. they're just so long.

I'm playing Elex right now and enjoying it but It just keeps going and going. Not sure I'll reach the end. I used to love 100+ hour games but now I'd be content with about 30.

I truly envy anyone enjoying Elex for the very fist time. I racked up close to one hundred twenty hours when I played it almost four years ago, and loved every minute of it. I still plan on replaying this great gem, someday.

That's the problem for me personally though as I haven't completed either game even though I enjoy my time with them. they're just so long.

I have the same issue with a lot of games, but Ubisoft titles are particularly bad like that because of how repetitive they are. Well, most of them anyways. I've never been able to finish any of the AC or The Division games.

I did recently complete Far Cry 5, and I'll be finishing New Dawn shortly, but those aren't anywhere near as long as the typical AC title.

I have the same issue with a lot of games, but Ubisoft titles are particularly bad like that because of how repetitive they are. Well, most of them anyways. I've never been able to finish any of the AC or The Division games.

I did recently complete Far Cry 5, and I'll be finishing New Dawn shortly, but those aren't anywhere near as long as the typical AC title.

I haven't played anything AC past Unity yet and I think the new games (Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla) are definitely MUCH bigger and longer than the old AC games but you can finish the old ones rather quickly if you just focus on the story content.

I ploughed through the series up to Black Flag some years ago around Xmas. The only games I spent more time with than "necessary" were AC 2 (25 hours) and AC 4 (Black Flag - 70 hours) because those games were really good imo but I finished all the others (first AC, Revelations, Brotherhood, AC3) in the 10 - 20 hours max timeframe. They are not that long if you focus on the story waypoints/content.

I finished the first Division (100% map completion except the PvP Dark Zone) in "only" 46 hours and I'm not a fast gamer. You could power through The Division quite a bit faster with more focus (maybe 30 - 40 hours max). As I said, I did 100% of the map markers but you don't have to. Yes, it was kind of repetitive at times but not too bad. At least the scenery was quite different from sector to sector and the game still looks awesome to this day.

For comparison's sake: Far Cry 5 took me 45 hours and New Dawn 28 hours according to uPlay (both almost 100% map completion... IIRC, I did not do the wingsuit missions because the PC controls were horrible).
So, for me, Far Cry 5 was about the same length as The Division and New Dawn was slightly longer than (most of) the classic AC games.

I'm curious if I will be able to finish the new ACs. I have played the series in order so far and I got "stuck" on a save in Unity so it will be quite a while until I get around to Origins, Odyssey or even Valhalla one day (too many games, too little time... as always... *sigh* ;) ).

I haven't played anything AC past Unity yet and I think the new games (Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla) are definitely MUCH bigger and longer than the old AC games but you can finish the old ones rather quickly if you just focus on the story content.

I ploughed through the series up to Black Flag some years ago around Xmas. The only games I spent more time with than "necessary" were AC 2 (25 hours) and AC 4 (Black Flag - 70 hours) because those games were really good imo but I finished all the others (first AC, Revelations, Brotherhood, AC3) in the 10 - 20 hours max timeframe. They are not that long if you focus on the story waypoints/content.

You're not finishing those games in 10-20 hours unless you're rushing through the main questline and ignoring pretty much everything else. Not saying it can't be done, but I can't play games in that manner and enjoy them.

I finished the first Division (100% map completion except the PvP Dark Zone) in "only" 46 hours and I'm not a fast gamer. You could power through The Division quite a bit faster with more focus (maybe 30 - 40 hours max). As I said, I did 100% of the map markers but you don't have to. Yes, it was kind of repetitive at times but not too bad. At least the scenery was quite different from sector to sector and the game still looks awesome to this day.

That sounds about right. Uplay has me clocked at 18 hours in The Division, and it says I was 38% complete. That was enough for me though. The scenery is nice, but the gameplay didn't have nearly enough variety for me.

I'm curious if I will be able to finish the new ACs. I have played the series in order so far and I got "stuck" on a save in Unity so it will be quite a while until I get around to Origins, Odyssey or even Valhalla one day (too many games, too little time… as always… *sigh* ;) ).

If you had the patience to play through all those earlier AC games, you'll probably like the newer ones. Imo, AC Odyssey is a big leap forward in terms of overall quality. No idea about Valhalla, but I've heard mixed opinions.

Back
Top Bottom