SKALD: Against the Black Priory - Partnership Announcement

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Raw Fury announced their partnership with Anders Lauridsen to publish SKALD: Against The Black Priory.

Raw Fury teams up with Anders Lauridsen!

Hello, Raw Fury here!

Today we are incredibly happy to announce that we have teamed up with Anders to bring SKALD: Against the Black Priory to life. When we first laid our eyes on the game earlier this year, we not only fell in love with the game and its richly illustrated grim-dark fantasy and Lovecraftian horror setting, but we also fell in love with Anders and his passion for resurrecting the genre and building a game which brings the past into the future.

We can't wait to show you more of this gem throughout 2022, but if you need to scratch that Skald-itch already today, we have gathered a couple of goodies for you to enjoy while you wait for all the awesomeness to come:

[...]
More information.

Can't look at the graphics for more than a minute, makes my eyes water & strain.

I like how it looks. Setting and atmosphere seems right up my alley. Hopefully gameplay and mechanics will not be shallow. Wishlisted.

Look at Matt chats YouTube playthrough of the demo. It's not shallow.

Can't wait for this and it's a day one purchase for me.

Talk about old-school. I don't think I could play this, but I hope it turns out great for people looking for this kind of nostalgia. Impressive that it was developed by a single person.

I think a publisher will hopefully allow this to reach a bigger audience. It's going to be interesting to see how well this does. Looking forward to it.

It looks interesting, but for me the look is a little too determinedly retro. Maybe go for Amiga-level rather than C64. I do think readable fonts and decent sprites were a bonus.

Yeah, I can't go back that far graphically. Part of the reason I'm so blind now is from staring at graphics like this.

Back
Top Bottom