Baldur's Gate 3 - Live Stream at Pax East

Cdpr and pubg already cancelled for PAX East. I hope Larian will still be there...

My official prediction still stands. It will be like Final Fantasy 15 - large open world, action combat with AI companions, cutscene heavy to push the story forward. It will be like a Witcher 3 with companions I feel, but with a D&D ruleset tied to the action combat. Don't hate this post until we see the game in action. :)

I don't think they'll go for 3rd person.

My official prediction still stands. It will be like Final Fantasy 15 - large open world, action combat with AI companions, cutscene heavy to push the story forward. It will be like a Witcher 3 with companions I feel, but with a D&D ruleset tied to the action combat. Don't hate this post until we see the game in action. :)

I don't hate this post but I'm utterly bewildered by it.

I don’t hate the post, but I’d hate for you to be right.

I’m really hoping out of these 7 D&D licensed games we get at least 1 isometric RTWP/tb game. This one would be the most likely.

If you say so.
I still don't think it'll be in 3rd person.

they are from a french site, they removed them now
i dont like that dialogue, its pretty retarded

Looks isometric turn-based with the initiative portraits at the top left and an "AP" thing at the bottom. Maybe it's also got an RTwP option, though - the 2nd pic actually says "Turn Based" at the top, maybe that's a hint that there will be.

Also looks amazing.

Looking at the blue panel in the center of the UI, the 1st screenshot looks like it's maybe RTwP, but paused. While the 2nd screenshot looks like turn-based mode (it says that at the top, plus maybe the "exit" panel above the blue panel exits out to RTwP mode?) And the 3rd screenshot shows a clock in the blue panel, that probably means RTwP and not paused?

The icon inside the diamond at the far left of the UI is also different in that 2nd screenshot, maybe that's an indicator of RTwP vs turn-based mode? Although it would seem redundant if those other items are what I think they are.

Managing a fight that is happening on multiple floors RTwP for players who can not even manage a 5 vs1 involving one floor only.

The desire to believe.

No way for me to know that, Just saying what you mean may be a better approach next time.
It is a public forum, there is no way to read other people's opinion. It is not possible to know their stance about streaming.

I typically don’t watch streams or read reviews of games I know I’m going to buy as I want to go in as blind as possible.

If I do watch a video its usually a pre recorded one. The few live streams I’ve watched have annoyed me to no end. Watching them fumble around in menus or settings, systems they don’t understand is excruciatingly boring.

So why would I watch this presentation? I want to see what combat system and briefly how it’s implemented. Once I know I won’t be watching further.

Once the game is released I’d always prefer to play it myself vs watching someone else play. Why would I want to substitute my own experience with the experience of someone else?

It must be different.

Look nice. I like the dialog screens, a big step up from talking portraits. I see both turn based and the pause button there, maybe it's both TB and RTwP. I won't mind either way, if the game doesn't end up being bad, that is.

"Dialogues" are terrible. Those are internal thoughts, not dialogues. I don't know if I will be able to force myself to play this shit if it stays like this..

Since it's past tense, it reads more like you're re-enacting what happened to you in the past. Maybe there's some in-game reason that explains why it's that way. If not, yeah it does seem pretty bizarre.

Yep, like you're narrating the story.
I'm not sure if I like that either...

I guess in 4 hours we'll know.

"Dialogues" are terrible. Those are internal thoughts, not dialogues. I don't know if I will be able to force myself to play this shit if it stays like this..

I don't know, it certainly is different but I'm pretty sure I could get used to it. The simple fact I can read through the dialogues instead of listening top them go on forever is a positive in my book.

Back
Top Bottom