Baldur's Gate 3 - Live Stream at Pax East

What screaming?Always thought vBulletin doesn't support sounds, lemme turn on the speakers.

For anyone who wants to watch it live here's the link. It starts in 15 minutes, i think.

Don't mind if I do. Thanks.

Art style indeed seems relatively close to original sin (based on barely 3-4 screenshots...). I like original sins style but I was hoping for some different vibe. Maybe seeing it in motion it will feel completely different.

Edit: ps, we need a shoutbox for these things :d

I do agree that it is a great looking game and the art style has baldur's gate vibe. One thing which felt kind of weird were those dialogs.. It will definitely take some time getting used to that style of dialogs…

An other obvious thing was the turn based combat system. No doubt it will work, but I was hoping for a real time with pause system like in the orginals. Perhaps turn based is just more popular nowdays. I just think that rtwp feels more baldur's gatey to me and the game *flows* better when it is like that. A personal preference, I know.

I'm not going for early access since they kept mentioning during the character creation how much stuff they're adding later during the development. I just want to have all those cool options available during my first playthrough which is why I'm going to wait the full complete version.

It is turn-based and you can play in isometric. The silliness of D:OS is toned down, sneaking is without barrels or bushes and at least so far there are no "environmental puzzles."

I like what I see! A lot!

Ah well removed this one from my list, won't be supporting, following, or getting. At least Pathfinder will still be something to look forward to.

Aren't those dialogues because it is the origin story (in the past). I imagine afterwards it wil have normal conversations.

It is turn-based and you can play in isometric. The silliness of D:OS is toned down, sneaking is without barrels or bushes and at least so far there are no "environmental puzzles."

I like what I see! A lot!
It's more Divinity than Baldur's Gate but I like it too.
One thing a really don't like though is the rogue and the mage wearing their small melee weapons on their backs (a dagger on the back looks really silly).

Oh, and the colorful glow around the rogue when he "activates" dash… Dash isn't a spell!

Aren't those dialogues because it is the origin story (in the past). I imagine afterwards it wil have normal conversations.
Don't think so.
The conversation system seen in the presentation avoids selecting an option and then listening to the dialog option you just selected. This saves a lot of time and I'm already liking it - and can't wait to play.

Ah well removed this one from my list, won't be supporting, following, or getting. At least Pathfinder will still be something to look forward to.
What don't you like about it?

Lemme be evil. :)
No pets announced!

To be honest Swen didn't want to disclose some things (Minsc in? chatty weapons in? etc). And he didn't play a ranger, could be tons of stuff simply not smoothly playable yet.

Anyway, I also won't be joining early access, but when it ends I'm in. Which means I expect from everyone who will betatest the game to provide quality feedback so Larian keeps the comedy of errors from presentation coming from unlucky dicerolls instead of bugs (skyrim).

btw, an interesting statement about BG3 from it's executive producer:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-02-27-baldurs-gate-3-interview
Once it's done on PC and it does come to thinking about consoles, would that be next-gen?
Walgrave: Mmhmm! I don't think that current-gen consoles would be able to run it. There's a lot of technical upgrades and updates that we did to our engine, and I don't know if it would be capable of being able to actually run on those things.

EDIT:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/baldurs-gate-3/sex
You can be a Halfling and bang all your companions in Baldur’s Gate 3

Thirsty Mass Effect lovers, lovers, and lovers of misleadingly innocent euphemisms rejoice: you will be able to ‘romance’ (read: bang) all your companions in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Erm, can I betatest just this part please? :evilgrin:

A question though. Is it also turnbased? o_o

Last edited:
What don't you like about it?

Ah I know I won't be able to stomach a large combat focused game that is turn based.

Also I may not have heard right but it sounds like the start of the game you have one of those mindflayer tadpoles inside of you .. so you are "racing" to get cured of that before it eats you alive from the inside out. Creeps me out lol … Course no idea if that is something you cure really quickly or takes longer in the game.

Minor issue though, its the TB combat that is a complete turn-off. I saw they let the entire party move and act as one - but I think the battles will still take too long.

EDIT: Joxer also said no pets announced. Not sure if he meant Ranger class or Druid won't have an animal companion … that would be a game negative as well. But he might have been referring to ornamental pets which is fine, don't care about those … tend to find them annoying really.

Last edited:
I see, too bad. Would have liked the discussions like with P:K. That has to wait until P:WotR then. :)

Back
Top Bottom