Baldur's Gate 3 leaked screenshots

I agre that it's still possible of course. (I think all the copy paste articles are a bit premature)

Another explanation for the "turn based" tab you noted: this may refer to movement mode only outside of combat. Switching between free movement and turn based. There's a few games where you can switch outside of combat, but not inside combat.

Let's see. I guess giving the players that option would be nice.

Looks like you were correct.

Githyanki mentioned - that's a good sign for the lore.

Nice, huge bars to put our actions in. The number at the right is a good sign, too.

Symbols on characters icons when in combat - which makes me think some could be in and some out, as in Divinity:OS.

First screen has "In Combat" at the top while the second has "Turn Based." There's also a big, blue button above all your action icons that looks very much like a pause button to me. I'm guessing this is RTWP with the option of going to/from turn based mode - much like Pathfinder:Kingmaker with its turn-based mod.

That's going to be interesting. It's normally much easier to do very precise actions in turn based mode, which makes it a lot easier. PoE 2 made you pick between turn based and real time, I think, because they needed to re-balance the game for turn based. I wonder if we're going to be asked at the start of this game if we want turn based or not? If we pick turn-based, we can still turn on real time once the battle gets to its clean-up stage?

Ah well, I'm sure I'll find out all about how it will work long before I play the game.

P.S. Barely "leaked" - these are in PC Gamer's latest article and probably other site's as well. And another article has an hour of gameplay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom