Obsidian Entertainment - Countdown Timer

Kind of underwhelmed with the pics. The Fallout setting is WAY overplayed and this looks to be going for that same vibe, maybe with some Bioshocj flair. Would rather something different.

Those pics are Leonard Boyarsky's style, who was Fallout 1 art director (and setting co-creator).

Action RPG with lots of shooting and romances. Yay

Romances in Obsidian's game? Not happening. Unless Microsoft forces them to.

My guess, it's Tim Cain's & Leonard Boyarsky's secret project, which is an isometric steampunk space game. Yes, steampunk mixed with space. That would be crazy! :)

My guess, it's Tim Cain's & Leonard Boyarsky's secret project, which is an isometric steampunk space game. Yes, steampunk mixed with space. That would be crazy! :)
Guess again.:biggrin:
A Linkedin account unearthed last year has potentially revealed that this title is a 3rd person action RPG.
Still wouldn't mind if you are right. Just hope they drop the Unity Engine.

Pretty sure this is Cainboy the cabin boy space mutant. No? The voices in my head thought it was cute.

You guys are such downers... for a site that's supposed to be about the love of RPGs... the game hasn't even been revealed yet.

Things change. That's always true. Maybe some of you should find a different hobby that you actually enjoy? ;)

You guys are such downers? for a site that's supposed to be about the love of RPGs? the game hasn't even been revealed yet.

Things change. That's always true. Maybe some of you should find a different hobby that you actually enjoy? ;)
Who's a downer I love the idea especially if it's a third person action RPG.

Cant speak for the rest of the thread though. Yep downers.:biggrin:

A really perverse part of me is actually hoping that this'll be announced as a "Microsoft Store Exclusive". Then I can just stop worrying and simply remove "Obsidian" from my list of suppliers of potentialy entertaining crpgs for good.

Tell you what… YES. Microsoft Store is a trainwreck. Ordered a new laptop on 'cyber monday', here's the sequence of events:

1) Had to complete the order process 2 times, due to technical problems with their multi-page ordering screens, as opposed to a simple form that 95% of the rest of online stores use.

2) My card immediately denied the transaction and flagged it as fraud, due to all the fraud they get at that site. Had to unfuck that and order a third time.

3) My FedEx shipping label is sent a bit later with a delivery on Wed. Weds comes and goes but there's been no movement since the label was created.

4) I call Microsoft Store support (aka India). Nice guy, confirms my order is lost between the warehouse and Fedex. Says they'll 'upgrade my situation to the next level' and that I'd hear something from them by the end of the day.

5) End of Weds comes and goes without any update from Microsoft Store.

6) Assume yet another laptop is being sent as today I received a new shipping confirmation with delivery (of something) tomorrow. I will believe it when I see it.

Had this model been discounted at any other site I would have avoided MS Store.

Sorry, thread hijack over…

Microsoft *never* cared about *anything* that has become older. Remember the Windows Sound Card, for example ? Or their older games ?

Microsoft is just the top of "we'll show those customers what we understand with TCO !" We customers are merely good enougfh to be milked - support isn't necessary, not to even mention long-term support.

Long-term support is what big foirms get, not the customer. Translation : "We care about big firms with big money, we don't care about the home customer. We care about their money, though."

I am totally agree with you. One thing that they did with Windows 8-10 family was screwing up the pre-Direct 9 emulation. Games which plays perfectly in Win7 with emulation, run at turtle speed in Win 8/10. Like Divine Divinity. People mentioned this issue in MS forums and want an update to change that but the company turned a blind eye to all the complaints. In the end third party devs solved the issue with different methods. So many years has passed and still there is no win update for this. Correct me if I'm wrong.

10 years old software?
Last weekend my school friend brought me her laptop which is 10 years old hardware to "clean" it up a bit. I did what I could and it does work a bit better now. But I had also to suggest (politely as it's not forums here) trashing it in the first bin and replace with something newer. I mean, it's worse than playstation4 hardware inside - even facebook struggles with it.

It's this one:
https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-...duo-t7250-2ghz-1gb-ram-80gb-hdd-xp-pro/specs/
I am amazed that shit's still running. Or that you got it running. Somewhat running.

Action RPG with lots of shooting and romances. Yay

Vast majority of rpgs are still RtwP or turn based…action rpgs are simply more "high profile".
And to hell with playing a little paperdoll and not controlling directly what it does…action rpgs are far more involving ( and reason they sell better).
Only thing they need to do better is bring back more non combat skills and better illustrate char progression ( on player animations)

Vast majority of rpgs are still RtwP or turn based?action rpgs are simply more "high profile".
And to hell with playing a little paperdoll and not controlling directly what it does?action rpgs are far more involving ( and reason they sell better).
Only thing they need to do better is bring back more non combat skills and better illustrate char progression ( on player animations)
Some of us enjoy our "paperdoll" to fight instead of us fighting. There are plenty of FPS games for players to fight directly.

Some of us enjoy our "paperdoll" to fight instead of us fighting. There are plenty of FPS games for players to fight directly.

I agree. I like it when the outcome of a fight is mainly determined by stats, and my choice of spells, equipment, etc. I do play other games (mostly actually, due to what's available), and like them as well, but I have a soft spot for stat-driven paperdolls.

I remember wizardry 8. I know many complained about the very long fights in that game. I loved it.

pibbur whose actions sometimes is mainly determined by his emotion stat.

You guys are such downers?
Dunno about others. I'm a drowner.
Who's a downer I love the idea especially if it's a third person action RPG.
It's not about ideas, at least in my case. It's about announcing announcements with outdated timer style PR. Sure it's still better than tweetering and facebooking, but it doesn't make it instantly awsome.
I've even been playing some Japanese style RPGs thee days.
TW3 is not japanese style. :p
I am amazed that shit's still running. Or that you got it running. Somewhat running.
It's probably some exception to the rule - Dell machines are usually such garbage they die as soon as warranty expires. This one probably slipped their white smoke imminency "QA".

Psst Joxer I hate when someone quotes me when I wasn't replying to them.:p

Well mostly because you always get a notice icon.:biggrin:

Sorry, I deleted the part "rest of the thread/downers" from the quote without thinking. :p

Speaking about notice icons, the good thing is Obsidian won't spam mailboxes with whatever revelation when the timer expires. Mostly. :evilgrin:

Has sort of a 1930's style USA depression-era look to it. Maybe a Flash Gordon type of game?

You think we are going to get football as a fighting style?

Back
Top Bottom