Worst 80's Film That's Become a Cult Classic

Little Shop of Horrors was OK. Flash Gordon was awesome! (Though the version that plays most now is chopped up quite a bit.)

Well, it's 15 months short, but:

Thus proving my point!! :D

Capt. Picard says
dune-sting-kyle-movie-lynch.jpg

Thems fightin' woids!

I always thought it was this one...

...until I discovered that one:

But yeah, I actually like both movies. Though I still like Metalstorm a bit better.

I always thought it was this one…

But yeah, I actually like both movies. Though I still like Metalstorm a bit better.

Agreed those are good choices. A lot of these prior responses are actually decent films with substantial budgets, have at least decent critical receptions in their day or have always had a fan following. Dune, The Thing etc. Metalstorm is a complete piece of crap that is so bad its good. Wasn't it a 3D movie to boot? I remember Ice Pirates coming out hot on the heals of this turd. I'm going to have to watch both of them now! True cult classics.

@ToddMcF2002; : Right, it was 3D. And so many scenes were reused it was worth playing a drinking game. The main character couldn't act at all, but the drunkard and the Cyclops were fun to watch. Both were played by comedians I think...

With 'worst film that's become a cult classic' I associated 'cheap', 'camp' and 'trashy', perhaps 'exploitation', yet very entertaining … and The Thing, Hellraiser and others just did not/don't meet most of these criteria. At least not in my book.
'Killer Clowns from Outer Space' (IIRC it was posted here) and the Troma movies might qualify, though. And this treasure, but unfortunately it's a 70's film:

21m6ps6.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGrXGEMOSo

Obviously too few of you had the privilege of seeing Repo Man.

Edit: I also like Flash Gordon, Reanimator, and Dune. The biggest problem with Flash Gordon is that the actor who plays Flash is an abyssmal actor and the actress who plays Janes isn't much better. The supporting cast is very good though.

Back
Top Bottom