Mass Effect: Andromeda - First Person Mod

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming The new first person mod for Mass Effect: Andromeda comes with some fixes.

Modder 'wavebend' has released a new version of his cool first-person mod for Mass Effect: Andromeda. This mod lets you experience the latest Mass Effect game via a completely different camera perspective, supporting both exploration and combat scenarios.

Version 1.1f features a reworked sniper scoping camera for first person as the previous one had incorrect height while crouched and very badly positioned overall. Moreover, it removes head bobbing action while zooming/aiming down sights in all scenarios.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

This is one of the most unfairly treated games in history. Judged by who made it and whatever monetisation practices they do rather than the game's quality itself. Might try this mod just to get the kicks on exploring the beautiful worlds in first person.

It wasn't unfair.
Critics closed their eyes on respawn horros in DAI scoring that game too high and later suggesting elsewhere to "leave Hinterlands" without lowering the score.
ME4 repeated the design crime, all planets are Hinterlands again. This time critics couldn't pretend they can't see the cheap trash that has no place in a modern singleplayer game advertised as AAA.
Of course it's not the only problem the game has, but is the major one.

Monetization has nothing to do with it. Rewards from mmo part are irrelevant in the actual game unlike ME3 where mmo=win the actual game.

The only thing I remember is that they were hung up about the animation and faces. The obsession about that was ridiculous. Hmm, oh yes and the unskippable planet transitions.

I went for the main story so what grinding there was didn't really affect me

It was disappointing when compared to the previous trilogy, and you could clearly see the various 'left-turns' the developers made during its creation. ...but it wasn't a bad game. That said, I have no desire to ever replay it, mods or otherwise, so that's telling.

Tired faces, duck walk animations and unskippable interplanetary travel were all patched soon after the release.

btw, I did replay it for sakes of different choices and ending, but it only shown a few bugs (dunno if they patched it later, ancient AI nowhere to be seen if kept for example).

Will I ever replay it again? Absolutely not unless someone makes no respawn mod and that ain't happening. But I don't take "replayability" as something a game should be designed around. The main point of a game should be being fun. If playthroughs are not fun, what's the point of "replayability"?

Played, finished and more or less enjoyed original ME trilogy.
Andromeda I played after initial patching and didnt notice serious technical issues. But soon after beginning the game was more and more boring. I forced myself to play some more and try overcome it, but no. Its BORING. Tried two or three times to play it since first time. Will not give it more tries.

Tired faces, duck walk animations and unskippable interplanetary travel were all patched soon after the release.

btw, I did replay it for sakes of different choices and ending, but it only shown a few bugs (dunno if they patched it later, ancient AI nowhere to be seen if kept for example).

Will I ever replay it again? Absolutely not unless someone makes no respawn mod and that ain't happening. But I don't take "replayability" as something a game should be designed around. The main point of a game should be being fun. If playthroughs are not fun, what's the point of "replayability"?

True enough, with an RPG. But I like to replay the good ones several years later as I've forgotten enough to make it seem relatively new again. ME:A won't be one of them.

While I agree that the general user score is much lower than it should be (4.9 on Metacritic), it's a deeply flawed game that could/should have been a lot better. Personally, I think it's a 7/10 game, but that might even be somewhat generous.

The biggest issue, for me, is that Bioware once again went with the "more is better" approach that they used in DA:I. The game is overly bloated with a bunch of filler quests, and I thought the majority of them were very generic and added nothing of quality to the overall experience. I think Andromeda would benefited greatly from being a more streamlined experience compared to what we got.

I enjoyed the game - i twas a bit convoluted with lots of busy activity that didn't serve much purpose other than keeping you busy - but it was at least for the most part enjoyable. Having said that i can't really see a purpose for this mod.

As for score - i don't know - not good with numbers - it had flaws and if you focused on the flaws you'd hate the game but if you just played it for a light experience and ignored the flaws it was fun. I.e, the flaws were more in story and stuff like that - it didn't really hurt the game play.

Back
Top Bottom