Elex Elex tips & tricks

A huge hint if you don't want want Albs to win. Careful who you'll support when asked at certain settlement during several quests.
Show middlefinger to outlaws and separatists. Even if it's not fair. No they don't plan to work with Albs but their upcoming "revolution" will be taken as an advantage aka Albs will perform divide and conquer.

Another thing, seems a certain side quest is bugged - don't proceed with Bullet's request in Fort. Whatever number of people you ask William to send as help, all of them will be overwhelmed by trashmobs and will die before you even reach them. The problem is these bugs (trashmobs, not glitches) will then proceed towards the town and… I didn't wait to see if they'll kill everyone, but reloaded.

You can hover and use a bow and arrow, just use the jetpack and then draw the bow in midair. You get extra time to stay in the air with this attack too.

Speaking of ranged attacks, big rats don't spit poison/radiation/etc. Too many of them attack you? Just fly on the roof or something and shoot them with arrows. ;)
Yea, plenty of other trashmobs like frogs have ranged attacks so this ain't gonna work everywhere…

-

There is a minor faction in the game you can join and that doesn't prevent joining one of three major factions. No it's not mages guild it's the other guild. ;)
You want to join them, seriously. All factions are IMO rotten, this one at least doesn't lie about anything.

If you completed a questline given by Katta (berserkers) or Rat (outlaws), when in Domed City the bartender Vito will give you a mysterious key. Where to use it? I'll just say: find a hatch in that settlement.
Note that you can pickpocket this key from Vito, but there is no way you won't be noticed because of too many bystanders so don't.

Connected to all the hassle you'll perform before and after joining, here's how drop spots look like (this one is in berserkers settlement a bit left from the Inn entrance):
pic.jpg

Last edited:
You do know there's timed parry, right? Hold block + light attack in the right moment. I found out by accident so I think more people don't know it. Only works for with humanoids though, no wildlife.

I have to disagree as it's"skippable", but anyway, added spoiler tags.

Here's a bit of a spoilery tip:
There's an epilogue, after the "final fight".

What is the point of attributes other acting as requirements for weapons and skills? Does high strength means your damage goes up etc? It does not seems that way.

What is the point of attributes other acting as requirements for weapons and skills? Does high strength means your damage goes up etc? It does not seems that way.

This is going to sound very strange, considering the fact that I've completed it, but I'm not actually sure. I guess that's a clear indication that whatever effect it has beyond requirements can't be all that important. To me, it seemed the actual weapon was by far the biggest factor in deciding damage, so by the end I only used attributes to meet weapon/armor/skill requirements.

I'm also not sure about this.
Trashmobs did feel easier to kill when I upped STR to 30, but then I also upped some more skills including sidekicks' strength and got "skilled" with hit/dodge/Q etc so it could be just me being biased.

Adding an effect (fire, poison, etc) to a weapon is however a breaking point. Maybe it's just me but seems that trashmobs have different armor values while their elements resistance is 0. Basically instead of 0-1 damage on hard trashmobs I went dealing full damage and killing hostiles with 4-5 hits. Those opponents I didn't dare to come close with a melee damage vulgaris weapon. I'm still upping STR (and DEX) as it's required for equipping better weapons though.

I guess we'll have to wait for some cheats where someone will number how many hits a mutant chicken at the prologue area needs to die if STR is 10 and how many if STR 50 with the same low level weapon.

Last edited:
Was it like this in previous PB games? I think not. Attributes did gave noticeable improvement in things. Could this be a bug?

It could be bugged or simply forgotten to enable in the final build, yes.

Wouldn't be the only enabled/disabled thing that passed to the release version.
I mean, there is an unbreakable lockpick skill. For all I could notice, lockpicks break so rarely this skill is totally unnecessary.
Then there is XP bonus from books skill. What books - no books give XP.
Also, did you notice that vendors stop selling items with price of 1 coin elexit when you take haggler skill? Get haggler = say bye to certain ammo types. ;)

I have haggler 2 and buy arrows all the time.

This is going to sound very strange, considering the fact that I've completed it, but I'm not actually sure. I guess that's a clear indication that whatever effect it has beyond requirements can't be all that important. To me, it seemed the actual weapon was by far the biggest factor in deciding damage, so by the end I only used attributes to meet weapon/armor/skill requirements.

Are you writing a review per chance? :)
Would very much appreciate it!

Are you writing a review per chance? :)
Would very much appreciate it!

Thanks!

I am indeed. Going through it a second time now, will try to write it during that playthrough. I like being thorough. Hopefully, it'll be ready within a week or so.

As for tips to this thread: There's a Cleric specific amulet that lets you regenerate their psi energy, making them by far the best choice for a mage (they also have the best spells). You'd think it would be Berserkers, but that is not the case.

Edit: Quick update. You actually can regen mana as a Berserker. Totally forgot they have both a life -> mana spell and a heal spell, the net sum being a mana gain because the healing spell has a ratio of 1:2. So basically, you can heal get back 50 mana for 50 health, but heal the health back up again for only 25 mana. Net gain: 25 mana. In theory. I haven't tested it yet. Will try to do so today.

Last edited:
Anyone have any tips on whether it's worth trying to raise Charisma/Survival just for the dialogue options ? Is it mostly flavour-text or does it add much to gameplay too ?

I have the Gothic-attitude of saving up all skill points except for lockpicking/pickpocketing from previous games, but it feels that due to the dialogue choices, this may not be the best thing to do...

What do you think ?

Anyone have any tips on whether it's worth trying to raise Charisma/Survival just for the dialogue options ? Is it mostly flavour-text or does it add much to gameplay too ?

I have the Gothic-attitude of saving up all skill points except for lockpicking/pickpocketing from previous games, but it feels that due to the dialogue choices, this may not be the best thing to do…

What do you think ?

Don't overthink it, just enjoy. Put points into the skills you think sound cool and roll with it. There are ample opportunities for the different skills in dialogue checks.

Another tip - Everything NPCs say to you is actually relevant in the game. I'm sure most of us here realize this, but newcomers may not. When Duras tells you you won't survive long without a good weapon, or Ragnar says to do work in the village to gain the trust so you can join the Berserkers, this all is 100% related to the game.

I wrote a piece here that hasn't been posted yet about this months back. In many RPGs, text and dialogue of that nature is "flavor text", i.e. an NPC will say, "Oh no! Don't go into that forest, it's dangerous! The wolves will eat you!" and then you go into the forest and proceed to slaughter everything without a second thought. In ELEX (and other PB games), if an NPC tells you something, they mean it. The forest will kill you most likely if you go in. :)

But the same goes for the other bits NPCs say in the game. If you really pay close attention, none or almost none of the text is fluff or wasted. It's really remarkable in that regard.

I somewhat disagree on the "just roll with it" as I did and then ended up restarting. This game doesn't forgive too many mistakes - which is fine and I like that but it means putting some care into decisions and not just willy-nilly picking things. Give some thought to what you are doing. I like to RP Jax and don't choose things based on power-gaming but I also am not just picking things all over the place because "oh that looks cool lets try it" at least not without a back-up save. I pick things based on my RP view yet also want my character to survive.

My own feeling is I love dialogue checks and like being able to pass certain ones so I am investing points as soon as I can so they add to my checks.

I think that hoarding points in this game is a bad thing - especially since they can count towards various dialogue checks.

Back
Top Bottom