Lands of Sorcery - Released into Early Access - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lands of Sorcery - Released into Early Access

Default Lands of Sorcery - Released into Early Access

June 9th, 2021, 22:02
It is not released though. Early access is not a game, it's beta testing for which you must pay first

muhabor

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 04:01
According to Steam and the general media it is released even if it's only on Early Access. Heck Steam even labels the game released on the info page on it's EA launch.

Now my personal opinion is I agree you.
--
"Nowadays due to woke ideology, the normal rules of the game, due process, political compromise, the presumption of innocence, free speech, even reason itself have now been suspended"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 04:51
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
If it was based on Deathstalker I, I would have got this. Deathstalker II was a little too far-fetched.
I was about to say, I preferred Deathstalker I over Deathstalker II. It was actually one of my favorite 80's fantasy movies at the time. Too bad the developers of this game do not agree.

The Hulk

Watchdog

+1:

June 10th, 2021, 08:07
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
What a stupid looking game, if I ever saw one. Hard pass.
I'm having to agree here.

If it was based on Deathstalker I, I would have got this. Deathstalker II was a little too far-fetched.
Never saw those, but I just watched the trailer for the first film on Youtube, and it reminded me of The Beastmaster. Ever see that one?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
+1:

June 10th, 2021, 12:04
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Never saw those, but I just watched the trailer for the first film on Youtube, and it reminded me of The Beastmaster. Ever see that one?
Beastmaster was actually pretty good. Deathstalker really only has a so-bad-it's-good charm to it - it's a godawful mess.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
+1:

June 10th, 2021, 13:03

I saw Beastmaster when it came out at my local mall. I rewatched it over the pandemic with my wife. She informed me how bad the animals were treated and the tiger died because it was dyed black. Can't really enjoy it now.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 21:16
I saw Beastmaster when it came out at my local mall. I rewatched it over the pandemic with my wife. She informed me how bad the animals were treated and the tiger died because it was dyed black. Can't really enjoy it now.
That sucks. One thing I can't abide whatsoever is animal cruelty.

I didn't know this until looking at the Wikipedia entry today, but there were actually two sequels made. The first sequel had a limited theatrical release in 1991, and the second was a made-for-tv movie released in 1996.

Speaking of the tiger, this line from the Wikipedia entry cracked me up…
During production the tiger wasn't allowed to be on set at the same time as children or other animals, since it might eat them

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
+1:

June 10th, 2021, 21:24
Don't forget the Beastmaster TV show.

I loved watching that show in the early 2000's with the Conan one as well.

Link - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0215392/
Link - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120569/

For reference no animals died or were treated cruelly for the TV shows.
--
"Nowadays due to woke ideology, the normal rules of the game, due process, political compromise, the presumption of innocence, free speech, even reason itself have now been suspended"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 23:11

Yes, I saw all the Beastmaster movies, including the Beastmaster tv series. The first Beastmaster movie was great, the others not so great. I enjoyed watching the Beastmaster tv series, too(which included the original Beastmaster in season 3). One of my favorite lines from that series, was when the show was nearing it's end, and the main bad guy of the show looked over at Kodo and Podo and said something like "They are the real stars of the Beastmaster show".

The Hulk

Watchdog

+1:

June 11th, 2021, 03:30
I think I'm in the minority here but I think this game looks awesome and has enough unique elements going for me to support it.

I'll let you know what I think.
--
My mother said that dreams aren't real. But nightmares are.

FurtiveNyctophile

Watchdog

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lands of Sorcery - Released into Early Access