Non-RPG General News - Strategy Game ZEPHON announced for 2022 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Non-RPG General News - Strategy Game ZEPHON announced for 2022

Default Non-RPG General News - Strategy Game ZEPHON announced for 2022

June 10th, 2021, 22:27
The strategy title ZEPHON will be released in 2022:

ZEPHON

Grimdark survival strategy from the creators of Warhammer 40,000: Gladius
Humanity emerges, hesitantly, into ruination. Almost nothing is left of the world as we knew it--settlements, forests, seas, mountains - all have been blasted into unfamiliarity. Horribly mutated animals hunt in packs through deformed woodland. Decrepit military robots stumble unknowingly through the ruins, sensors and logic centres blown. Alien soldiers, once impossibly powerful, cower in the wrecks of their ships, praying to heedless gods for rescue.

On the planet Earth, that was once a cradle of life, the extinction of humanity is at hand.

What will you do to survive?

Next-generation survival wargame set on a destroyed world
Choose your past and wage war to ensure humanity's survival between the abominations of the Voice and the automata of ZEPHON. Select a leader, gather your allies and choose your actions wisely--or suffer the consequences.

Key features:

• Unique tactical battles. Let's face it, 4X combat is often boring or shallow--not Proxy's. Our complex, nuanced battle system means victory is a matter of skill, not brute numbers.
  • A complete 4X. Diplomacy, research, exploration, city-building--we've taken the fundamentals of 4X and shaken them up. Drop the assumptions you have from other games in the genre.
  • Post-apocalyptic horror survival. Drag your civilization through a grimdark future--survive unexpected events while eldritch horrors and cyberpunk monstrosities derail your progress. Because that's the game we wanted to play.
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 22:36
Yep thanks for sharing this Henriquejr. It's odd how we like most of the same games.

As for the game it looks good and the developer hasn't let me down with their last two games Pandora First Contact & Warhammer 40,000: Gladius. So fingers crossed.
--
"Nowadays due to woke ideology, the normal rules of the game, due process, political compromise, the presumption of innocence, free speech, even reason itself have now been suspended"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 22:55
Did I hear post-apoc? This looks pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the genre, but I might try this one for the setting. It has eldritch horror mixed in as well.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)

June 11th, 2021, 00:31
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yep thanks for sharing this Henriquejr. It's odd how we like most of the same games.

As for the game it looks good and the developer hasn't let me down with their last two games Pandora First Contact & Warhammer 40,000: Gladius. So fingers crossed.
I don't think it's THAT odd, if you allow me to say this. By the way, since you also do appreciate 4X games, I sometimes check this web site eXplominate, I don't know if you've heard of them before. They're also Steam Curator group.

And yes, this game looks promising.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
Last edited by henriquejr; June 11th, 2021 at 00:44.

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

June 11th, 2021, 03:10
Count me in as another that's not a huge fan of this genre anymore, yet the setting just might be enough to reel me in.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

June 11th, 2021, 10:47
Funny things come up on YT, when you try to locate a gameplay video using the word: zephon
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Non-RPG General News - Strategy Game ZEPHON announced for 2022