Last game(s) you bought

I'm not the biggest supporter of Beamdog for multiple reasons, but I appreciate them bringing old games to newer audiences and keeping them updated. As for GOG I don't buy games anywhere else.

I'm not the biggest supporter of Beamdog for multiple reasons, but I appreciate them bringing old games to newer audiences and keeping them updated. As for GOG I don't buy games anywhere else.

I like Beamdog and what they've done. Sure, their niche is just polishing old games for the most part, but in doing so they brought the IE games to the attention of new players and created even more fans of D&D.

Truly, I don't wave a flag for many folks. While I lived in Edmonton, I was fortunate enough to meet the fine folk at Beamdog, and had some good chats with them. Obviously, that led to a very subjective bias on my part. Rest assured though, while doing some testing for them a few years ago, I called out mistakes exactly as I saw them, and on one occasion, harsh words were exchanged. =p.

As JDR cited above, they've allowed a new generation of folks to enjoy many fine games, and refined existing franchises for us old toddlers to relive at the same time. I call that a solid win on both counts.

I am playing The Village today from the moment I was done with work. So far I like the game, and I like that it continues the last game's story and builds upon it. The general feeling is that I miss when this wasn't a first person game and you could choose multiple characters, it's taken a more story-driven FPS turn over the last few releases.

Anyway, I'm having fun, and I'm about to get back to it. I don't wanna speak any spoilers since it's a new game, so I can't say much more. In general, it's a game I'd advice for most people to wait on a discount, it's a hefty invest on a game that on average takes 8-10 hours to complete, extras aside.

I am playing The Village today from the moment I was done with work. So far I like the game, and I like that it continues the last game's story and builds upon it. The general feeling is that I miss when this wasn't a first person game and you could choose multiple characters, it's taken a more story-driven FPS turn over the last few releases.

Anyway, I'm having fun, and I'm about to get back to it. I don't wanna speak any spoilers since it's a new game, so I can't say much more. In general, it's a game I'd advice for most people to wait on a discount, it's a hefty invest on a game that on average takes 8-10 hours to complete, extras aside.

You're talking about Resident Evil Village I assume? I was sort of turned off by the demo. I'll be curious to see what your opinion of it is by the end. I'm hoping it turns out to be a lot better than the demo made it seem.

You're talking about Resident Evil Village I assume? I was sort of turned off by the demo. I'll be curious to see what your opinion of it is by the end. I'm hoping it turns out to be a lot better than the demo made it seem.

Yes, Resident Evil! If you played the last one, then you know what to expect. I'll write something when I finish it, probably sometime through the weekend.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Time to destroy all the fond memories I had of this trilogy ;)

Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance for Switch. Had only played it for GameBoy Advance ~20 years ago, enjoyed it so I over-paid for this port of the 20 year old console version (base price on Switch was $30 … I had a bunch of credits, but still …)

I ended up buying Wasteland 3 Expansion Pass, since it's priced only a little bit more expensive than the DLC just released (The Battle of Steeltown).

After a long hesitation, Planescape: Torment, Enhanced Edition, taking advantage of a -50% on GOG. And Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, at -75%.

That should keep me busy until Solasta gets in better shape or Encased and Pathfinder are released. :)

I've had it on my wishlist for a long time too, but at that price it wasn't a big risk. There's a board game series on Sherlock that I've been looking at for a while, to play as a family, but it's heavy on text and descriptions so I'm not sure it would please everyone. Bought this one as a test. Hem. Yeah, it's a lame excuse ;)

I recently bought Old World by Mohawk games. It'll be out of early access tomorrow.

Looking forward to play a Civ-like game that's restricted to classical and medieval era.

I've looked at those Sherlock Holmes games, yet haven't bought any as of yet. One of these days…..

None of them are as good as the Secret of the Silver Earring, sadly. They're all super clunky. But there are pleasures to be had. Crimes & Punishments is the only one I liked well enough to finish.

It's on my list. Please let me know how it is @Morrandir;
I'm only a few hours in.
Biggest difference imho is that you can't freely decide where to build your cities. There are predefined "city cites". I don't know yet if I like it or not.
Also you now manage your character, family and court. Similar to Crusader Kings, but much more shallow. I think that's a nice addition.

Haven't figured out city building yet, so why and when my borders grow and why or why not the city gathers ressources.

Back
Top Bottom