NWN - Have you played it?

For the longest time, and I confirmed this with a former Bioware dev that frequented these forums, that the toolset was going to be released without an OC after the breakdown Bioware had with Interplay.

Marketing told them their fans were expecting an OC so when it was released people not following the game did not get the Baldur's Gate sequel they were expecting.

Me? I always considered the OC an example of how to build a mod and didn't take it seriously.

I've never finished any of the official mods (except the Pirate one) and complained bitterly that reviewers kept reviewing the OC instead of the toolset.

They clearly didn't understand this was a toolset with a game attached. :)

Aye every reviewer talked about the bad OC instead of the toolset and mods on it's release in 2002. Nowadays I can't even remember the last time I even played the OC.

I also talked to a few ex-BioWare guys about the strained relationship between them, modders, and Atari. It was a complete mess with that paid mod program.

Last edited:
Being from Western Canada I very well know what a toque is. My East Coast friends tried to tell me different and the gal from Trois-Rivierre demanded I didn't know what I was talking about.

I live in Quebec province and French is my primary language. It's tuque, not toque.

Among us Anglophones, both spellings are considered correct although toque is more common. I think it has to do with the 400 year history of the Voyageurs before Napoleon standardized La Belle Language.

things1-descending-the-fraser--banner.jpg

--
I've explained to many Americans that its properly called a toque and they could almost get hostile saying its a "knit cap".

Technically, its not a toque if it doesn't have a tassle.

--

edit: We need toques in NWN

Among us Anglophones, both spellings are considered correct although toque is more common. I think it has to do with the 400 year history of the Voyageurs before Napoleon standardized La Belle Language.

Use toque in the Quebec province to mean a tuque and people will be looking at you weird.

Going by some online search, the form toque was "created" by Canadian-English speakers when they assimilated the Canadian-French tuque word in the mid 1800s.

I actually had no idea Anglophones even used the term, my sister who moved to British Columbia about a decade ago use beanies (even in french, lol).

Back
Top Bottom