Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Everything that SRPG could possibly be.
Troubleshooter: The Abandoned Children is the first episode of a turn-based strategy SRPG that takes place in the world of Troubleshooter.

Valhalla, the unstable nation

Valhalla is a free trading nation erected by three world powers for their own benefits after the world war. In an attempt to control the nation, three world powers banned the army from Valhalla. Due to the circumstances, public order in Valhalla is always unstable and thus in Valhalla year ten, Valhalla government makes a bold decision.

The birth of Troubleshooter
The Valhalla government grants civilians the right to investigate and arrest criminals in order to lower the rising crime rate. People call them Troubleshooter.

The beginning of your and every others' stories
10 years have passed since the introduction of the troubleshooter system. Albus, a 20-year-old young man, becomes an official troubleshooter. Albus first starts his company on his own but soon takes in many colleagues as he solves various cases. All the new members of the company have their own motivations and stories. You will be experiencing a variety of missions in Valhalla through their stories.

Specialized classes. Over 600 masteries. More than 200 additional masteries
All characters in Troubleshooter have their own unique classes. Each character can rank up to the upper class, and the role of your character changes according to the class.

All characters in Troubleshooter can acquire various masteries according to their levels and classes. Furthermore, you can activate additional effects by combinations of masteries. Utilizing this, you can make a character for your unique strategy.

Such masteries can be acquired by leveling your character up. However, in most cases, you can acquire masteries from enemies. In other words, you can take your enemies' unique traits and apply them to your characters.

More than 80 unique missions
There are more than 80 unique missions in Troubleshooter. All missions are designed independently, and all of them have their own unique circumstances.

More than 200 unique cut scenes
Troubleshooter uses more than 200 cut scenes to portray the story.

The creativity SRPG can have

As new characters join your company, playable content will be unlocked according to their roles. For example, if you recruit a hunter character, you will be able to tame beasts. You will be able to craft drones if you recruit engineers.

Things to consider before purchasing

• We support offline mode, which is for those who have an unstable internet connection.
  • Multi-playing contents will be added continuously, and for safe and fair user information, we require your internet connection on online mode.
  • There will be updates and maintenances, which will be announced in advance.
    You will not have access to the online mode of the game during this time.
  • Time Required: 2 hours (Can change)
  • The period of the update can change according to the contents at work.
More information.

RPGWatch Curation:
In this turn-based strategy RPG you start alone and as the story goes on you can recruit squad members, each with a unique background and skills. Classes, skills and gear can be fine-tuned. Excellent!

80 missions and two hours of content. I'm missing something.

There at least 200 hundred hours of content!

The 2 hours refer to the update/maintenance time.
(PS: you can ignore the online mode completely)

I'm over 120 hours in. And I still feel like I didn't even scratch the surface - all the time there is some new mechanics introduced (the most recent one - taming animals you normally killed previously and then use them as sidekicks with the already deployed party).

Oh, good! That seemed really weird to me. I'm not into cartoon-ish graphics, anime, jrpgs, etc. but still may look at it one day. I'm patient when it comes to these types of games. I will wait for an RPGWatch giveaway, a humble bundle, a friend to gift it, or something of that nature. I've gotten where I can reliably play old games until something really good catches my eye. Too many games that are just blah or I'm just growing out of the genre perhaps.

I have started it and can't stop playing. If you like Jagged Alliance 2 and X-COM - this is your game. It plays like Jagged Alliance 2 with more character customization and magic skills.

Hopefully the game won't remain the best kept secret of mustplay games in 2020.
And my god it's perhaps too complex under the hood. Possibilities and combinations how to build your character and which class to use are numerous.
I've mentioned tamed animals above - they can also be trained and their skills micromanaged.
You don't want pets to fight on your side, okay, eventually you unlock crafting robots (drones) that have their own setups you'll research, farm and combine.

And that's just a few tidbits, it's impossible to number everything you'll find in the game.

Seriously I have no idea why all so called professional gaming sites don't even mention this game.
Especially because it's price even without a discount is a steal.

Just bought it on steam.
Don't like the anime/manwha characters but between here and the steam reviews, everybody seem to think it's a gem… So, I'm game.

Play it for a couple of hours. If you don't like it, refund.

That was my plan.
I'm currently 200 hours in, and am not done yet.

Yep, that's the plan.

Just bumped into this on Steam. User reviews are really positive. The only consistent beef with the game's Steam reviews is the translation - which the devs said they are working on. They could use work on their trailer, too, which really doesn't give much hint as to what's going on.

When I played it, the translation was pretty good already and devs are not Bethesda - they were fixing all reported translation clunkiness per daily basis (that includes a certain mastery/item description error I've reported).

It's an indie game so you can't expect a spectacular display of everything, but it's not a cheap indie shovelware or reiteration of hundreds of other games. This is xcom style fantasy game where RPG elements got very important.

As I noted in some previous post, why is it being ignored by gaming media is a complete mystery to me. I can understand PC Gamer, they're obsessed with mmos so a game like this doesn't interest them. But why are others pretending it doesn't exist?

I just bought it and installing it now. Going to blame @joxer; if I don't enjoy it.

Just don't expect Kingmaker 2 timers and you'll adore it. ;)

Note that the beginning is slow. You'll need several hours of playing before getting the third recruit, and then even more for the fourth one.
It didn't bother me, but some weren't happy because you can't do everything earlygame (crafting for example).

Might have to get it just because it's fun to see how the game is being built. Talk about shoestring budgets! Looks like players are doing most of the translation!

Oh jeez... need to get in there and make sure they spell "color" correctly! <grin>

I didn't expect this.... but I'm actually enjoying it. OMG that Korean voice overs though... terrible LOL. I named my team "Special-K" lol.

VO is rarely present as it's an indie game, but yes, it's quality overall is horrible.
SWAT lines (under helmets) sound so atrocious I was laughing like crazy. But somehow I find it charming.

Back
Top Bottom