Battle for Wesnoth goes to 1.3.15

magerette

Hedgewitch
I know there are some here who play or are thinking of playing this one. It's a free fantasy turn-based strategy game and Strategy Informer has the recent upgrade and patch info, including the changelog and download here
In fact, I'm downloading it myself atm. ;)

You couldn't have waited 'till 1.4, the next stable version? Then again, 1.3.15 is pretty much the RC for that, anyway.

In any case, I heartily recommend the game.

I'm playing it, and the only thing I really miss is diplomacy.

Apart from it I like it. :)

I think I'll wait for 1.4, too, but I'm not sure ...

I've wasted about half the day with it so far--this is the first time I've seriously played it. I've looked at it before but not done the download -it seems to me the graphics are much improved since the last time I checked it out, but it's been quite awhile.

If you have a more recent version, this may be no big deal as an update--the changelog mainly listed bugfixes. :)

Last edited:
Good Lord--it's gone up to 1.13.19 while I wasn't looking. I guess they must update this one a lot.

Have to say this is an excellent little game--has kept me up til 2 am the last few nights. Looks all cute and cartoony and then all the sweet little horse-riding knights are handing your rear to you on a silver platter. :)

Okay, the 1.4 version is here and available for download.

While the changelist says seven new campaigns, apparently these are just new in comparison to an older game version, however they have apparently all been polished and reworked. And a lot of other stuff, including partially redesigned interface, new art and bug fixes.

Okay--promise to stop posting on this thread now. I'll just mention that Dominions 3 has another update out also bringing it to v. 3.15, and save another trip to the graveyard. ;)

Last edited:
Do I just install it "over" the old version or must I deinstall the old version first ?
Do you have any idea ?

It just installed automatically over the older version for me, Alrik. The new music is nice. :)

Okay, I've downloaded it. :)

Hey, if we get a few Wesnoth fans going here, maybe we could organize the occasional on-line match. :)

Sounds cool--I'm not very good however and spend a lot of my time cursing at the 'impossible' tasks I'm set, then replaying a whole scenario or three--and this is at Easy. ;) I'm more hopeful about Sacred2, which I also think would be a blast MP.

I'm in ! :)

By the way, in a different forum I once opened a thread (with few responses, alas) asking around whether some people have interest in "online gaming sessions" with various games - no genre border.

Why not open such a thread here as well ? People could ask around for playing online, advertise their own "gaming sessions" (no matter whether open or cloed), and readers/members could drop in.

If it would be open for all games - not just RPGs or MMORPGs - then it would be quite a good tool, imho.

It would depend on what people would write in there, of course.

Sounds cool--I'm not very good however and spend a lot of my time cursing at the 'impossible' tasks I'm set, then replaying a whole scenario or three--and this is at Easy. ;) I'm more hopeful about Sacred2, which I also think would be a blast MP.

No worries. We could always team up against the AI. :) Your mention of the ork campaign got me to start that one, and I've already lost a few times in just the first 4 missions or so. On medium.

And, yes, I think an ongoing Watch Sacred 2 team would be great, great fun!

No worries. We could always team up against the AI. :) Your mention of the ork campaign got me to start that one, and I've already lost a few times in just the first 4 missions or so. On medium.

And, yes, I think an ongoing Watch Sacred 2 team would be great, great fun!

It took me about six attempts to beat Valley of the Trolls--and I had to rebuild my recall units from scratch--as in replay the first few scenarios-but when you do win it is teh beauty.

AFA MP, I'll download some of the mp maps and see if I can make a decent showing against the AI--no point in you guys watching me get pwned while waiting for your turns. Sacred2 may be a better shot for me to make my MP debut. :)

Wesnoth update; If you're currently playing you may already know all this, but a (second) bug fix for version 1.4 has been released, version 1.4.2, and the devs are working on version 1.5 with an early development release already out there. You can get all the details at the official site.

This is one of the best free games around, and if you're a fan of TB strat, I highly reccommend giving it a shot. :)

Back
Top Bottom