DA:I What I want from Dragon Age 5

Dragon Age: Inquisition

trespasser

Watcher
There is almost infinite potential in this sequel. If BioWare do what are really known for and don’t try to make a more open world game than they’re used to, or dabble in multiplayer/co-op, they could possibly make one of the best RPGs ever made. Or they could also screw it up real bad and make me completely give up on them. Hopefully it’ll be the former. What are your opinions on this?

I also wrote a piece on this, let me know if I'm missing something or if I'm wrong somewhere

Take Dragon Age Origins, add some more foreign/alien world elements to it, tweak it slightly in terms of combat etc. & bring the aesthetics up to speed. Sorted.

I'd say DA:O with about 10-15% tweaks & updates would absolutely blow most modern RPG's out of the water still.

For me, it would have to be like a direct sequel to Origins, as the other games simply don't exist in my world. It would also need to be on great old games and/or steam, as I wouldn't infect my nice computer with that steaming cesspool of a platform called Origin. When those things happen, I'll give it a good think over!

I also wrote a piece on this, let me know if I'm missing something or if I'm wrong somewhere

Bioware really doesn't exist any more and EA really isn't in the business of making games people like. They are in the business of marketing games so the sheep buy them and all the micro transactions that go with them.

I agree with Celtic Frost's comment above. Couple issues here. Dragon Age 4 isn't even announced yet. Is that what you meant?

Second, it would take a lot for me to get excited about and/or buy an EA game. They have a well deserved terrible reputation. I don't like games based on microtransactions. Or the concept of "games as a continuing service". I can't even remember the last EA game I bought.

I agree with Celtic Frost's comment above. Couple issues here. Dragon Age 4 isn't even announced yet. Is that what you meant?
Yeah I think the threads poster meant Dragon Age 4. As for my opinion at this point I'm very worried given it's been reboot with a skeleton crew to focus on Anthem.

Also worrisome is that most of the big shots like Gaider & Laidlaw have left the company, and it looks like BioWare is to be going the GaaS route with all future games.

So I expect nothing as new BioWare games just show I'm not their target demographic.

What I want from Dragon Age 5 is someone other than EAware making it. Short of that I expect nothing but disappointment.

I want the combat of Origins, companions similar to ME2 squad mates + shorter and tighter story line. So, I guess it will never happen :(

What I want from DA4 is hairworks, no respawning filler and no DLC.
From DA5 I want those same things, but also dx12/vulkan based code.

Back
Top Bottom