Review of Mass Effect: Andromeda

Getting hyped for a game is alright. I meant hype more like the hype of "this game is awesome" or "this game is terrible." I try to avoid that and just go in without any preconceived notions if I can help it.

Here's a postpatch femRyder screenshot:

hDJlIZR.png

Prepatch, lemme put the gif I already posted on previous page:

giphy.gif

Here's a postpatch femRyder screenshot:

hDJlIZR.png

Prepatch, lemme put the gif I already posted on previous page:

giphy.gif

They managed to make her look uglier(nose) but far less retarded. A win i guess?

They managed to make her look uglier(nose) but far less retarded. A win i guess?

They didn't change her face at all, lol. The gif is using the low/medium settings and the screenshot is using high/ultra settings. The screenshot also has better shadowing/lighting (aka they fixed the Nexus lightning).

This is Addison after the patch.

You are seeing a retarted myself I see a girl with a constant gentle irony and mockery about everyone including herself. New one will just be a boredom personality.

I will have to hurry finish my play to not lost an original personality with a lot of humor, in exchange of some common girl more or less a boredom, and trying look great an serious at any second, but someone should tell her she isn't a top model, and that she is boredom serious.

I can already bet new eyes will never change and will never try reflect some emotion.

But ok I agree that with the obvious incapacity to reflect well emotions in visages and eyes, it's certainly wiser to make them more static and that it's wiser to target a common girl than try target an original personality.

Maybe they made them ugly to resonate better with most people, who are ugly. It's a relatively new trend in marketing (as opposed to using flawless-looking models) as I understand it, noticeable in other industries too e.g. cosmetics.

Lol, no, really. More and more I'm noticing these average looking actors in commercials. Up until relatively recently we were used to seeing unrealistic, perfect models.

It's true, same thing with swimsuit models...its a damn shame.

Lol. Luj the master of diplomacy. :p

Lol, that says, it makes wonder if people are blind in real life, in real life I'm pretty sure that default female woman character would be jaw dropping for most, ok I don't mean the visage/eyes animations. :)

Most people look average, which is kinda given - if you think about what the word means.

Not surprised Codexians aren't aware, though.

Also, while I agree Bioware is often absurd in their over-sensitive approach to the SJW (social justice war) - I appreciate trying to balance things out.

I don't think it's beneficial to society to have ultra-attractive protagonists as the norm. It doesn't represent the human condition - and it sends a message to people about being unable to live up to what's expected of them.

So, while I would like a bit of nuance and brains involved with implementing "real people" - I certainly think the motivation is a good one.

Sadly, Bioware - like so many SJWs - seem to believe more in pushing a false reality than depicting what the world is like.

For that reason, they often fail to immerse players and convince in their storytelling.

What Bioware, it's EA's thing. I mean, all Sims 4 characters are bisexual by default.
IMO the whole EA/Bioware/SJW thing is overblown, it's videogames we're talking about, it's not RL. But hey, Polygon and similar crap sites need something to attract audience. Bigger the bullshit, more flies will gather on it.

Just as banning "gore" games or censoring such content it irritates me when I see a videogame is banned because of it's "sexual" content. Like, the government doesn't think someone is smart enough to not buy something that might "hurt" their feelings.

ME4 contains banging ugly and mutated people/aliens and someone can't bare the thought of it? Don't buy the game. Or make a mod that turns NPCs into fashion models yourself.
Or, perhaps the best solution, form a church of antiuglyness and earn for life as a preacher. Censors already do it, so why not join the parasitic train?

Meanwhile in ME3:
http://imgur.com/qD7bu2I

Last edited:
What Bioware, it's EA's thing. I mean, all Sims 4 characters are bisexual by default.
IMO the whole EA/Bioware/SJW thing is overblown, it's videogames we're talking about, it's not RL. But hey, Polygon and similar crap sites need something to attract audience. Bigger the bullshit, more flies will gather on it.

Just as banning "gore" games or censoring such content it irritates me when I see a videogame is banned because of it's "sexual" content. Like, the government doesn't think someone is smart enough to not buy something that might "hurt" their feelings.

ME4 contains banging ugly and mutated people/aliens and someone can't bare the thought of it? Don't buy the game. Or make a mod that turns NPCs into fashion models yourself.
Or, perhaps the best solution, form a church of antiuglyness and earn for life as a preacher. Censors already do it, so why not join the parasitic train?

Meanwhile in ME3:
http://imgur.com/qD7bu2I

For me it's not just about playing an unattractive character, more of the fact the game didn't provide me with an option to create an attractive one if I want. I'm all for female protagonist to look like 'real' females but Ryder's look in above post is more of 'strange' or even 'off-looking' than anything else. Also when I say attractive, I'm not talking about unrealistic or one in a million gorgeous models. I just think 'real' and 'common' females can be quite attractive too.

Last edited:
It could be rare but such off looking eyes can happen in reality. Im' aware it wasn't the goal, I'm just saying in reality it's no big deal, you get used to it relatively fast. It's no big deal in a game either. Just consider she has some eye medical troubles, and problem is solved. First RPG you play a main character with some handicap, pretty cool SWJ if you ask me. :)

I blame romances for this. Who wants to romance an ugly girl in a videogame? Or RL for that matter. :troll:

Most people look average, which is kinda given - if you think about what the word means.

Not surprised Codexians aren't aware, though.

Did they spank you over at the 'dex?

I mean, cuckolding sessions you took there seem to have impregnated terribly deep in your psyche. What a wretched existence it must be…

Wait, he was posting on that site?

No wonder I had to put him on ignorelist back in the day. Couldn't get what got into him suddenly.
Now I know where he got infected.

Perhaps someone can explain to me what this has to do with Maylanders review. If not, I think it is safe to say that it can be (re)moved.

Back
Top Bottom