The greatest indy rpg of all time is finally on gog

Well at first i was like you but lately i think he is just plain trolling. As he sez himself he is just spitting out random crap because he feels it is creative and therefore brilliant - i think it is just annoying and typical troll behavior.

I find his posts amusing, like a puzzle to be deciphered. But lately he's just been annoying. But I was genuinely interested in the poll mentioned in the trailer, or what he refers to when he says "endorsed by this site".

Trolling means little. For the little it means, it usually is a group strategy.

As to brilliant and creative, there is nothing brilliant and creative to click on a video, watch it for twenty seconds and notice a statement meant as an endorsement.

I can't find that poll anywhere. Care to share it?
No.

The result of two hundred years plus of institutionalized double standards.

Cant even stick to the burden of the proof on this case.

This trailer uses a poll (existing or not) as a means for endorsement.
The remark that this is meant as an endorsement might be done even when knowing the poll does not exist. It changes nothing at all to the trailer refering to a poll as a matter for endorsement.

If there is an emergency, it certainly is not toward disproving the trailer using a reference to a poll as an endorsement, it is about asking the trailer maker which poll it refers to and if none, get him to change the trailer in order to stop claiming such an endorsing poll exists.

Asking anyone who reads this statement as an endorsement a link to the poll does not change the trailer. It does not change the endorsement.

No provided link, the poll does not exist. No change in the trailer. It still refers to the poll as an endorsement.

Instead of wasting energy in an absence of solution, spending that energy to contact the trailer maker to provide a link to the poll will solve the situation and ends this site endorsement of this vid product.

Simple as that.

Is this your new catchphrase? I liked "UGOIGO" and "It is streamed" much more.

Catchphrase to catch what.

Still no change in the trailer. It still refers to a poll made on this site that endorses the product.

Does not look as if there was an emergency to figure out if this poll exists or not.

On the other side, the trailer refering it as an endorsement exists: linked in first post for those who missed it.

I think he is a very interesting guy. A visionary. His views and consoiracy theories only make me want to support him and buy his game evenmore so. It is like geniuses who no one understands but they in theend produce the most interesting work or artists like picasso or van goth.

Cooper, is that you?

Anyhow, Grimwah is still on my backlog, I really do need to get to it because Wiz 7 is one of my all time favorites.

What I find with this game is that the people who complain the loudest about how "some people wont play it just because of the developer's reputation" are usually people who are "only playing it because of the developer's reputation".

Which is the same type person presented from opposing viewpoints.

I think it's fairly obvious to everyone else that the game is, essentially, just of interest to fans of Wizardry games. Not a lot else to say really.

My problem with comparing games to wizardry is that the only wizardry game I played was wiz 8 and no game is like wiz 8 ;)

I think it's fairly obvious to everyone else that the game is, essentially, just of interest to fans of Wizardry games. Not a lot else to say really.

Awesome. That proves that the trailer is actually not using false statement, but that Chiens view on this site is that if one out of 50 has a certain opinion he can use it as a fact of what people on this site thinks or doesn't think. And he's not entirely wrong either, just severely abusing language.

(When someone says "People on this site" it would certainly imply that it's referring to a majority or at least a large portion. But naturally it doesn't HAVE to mean that, it's just most people wouldn't use the term otherwise, they would say "some people on this site" or even "a few people on this site").

Awesome. That proves that the trailer is actually not using false statement, but that Chiens view on this site is that if one out of 50 has a certain opinion he can use it as a fact of what people on this site thinks or doesn't think. And he's not entirely wrong either, just severely abusing language.

(When someone says "People on this site" it would certainly imply that it's referring to a majority or at least a large portion. But naturally it doesn't HAVE to mean that, it's just most people wouldn't use the term otherwise, they would say "some people on this site" or even "a few people on this site").

It was "by this site", so... ;)

Trolling means little. For the little it means, it usually is a group strategy.

Anyone still on the fence as to whether he's genuinely insightful or spouting nonsense can stop right here, at the top of his post. Trolling is the opposite of a group strategy. It's the attempt by someone... someone who feels small and wants attention.... to say something provocative or offensive or random enough to take attention away from those having a real conversation and turn it to the troll. It's just a little kid shouting "look what I can do" to his mother, modified for the internet age.

A troll is a creature who squats, alone, under a bridge, demanding a toll to pass. In this case, the bridge is the passage from one meaningful element of discussion to the next, and the troll's goal is to interrupt that flow until people pay attention (the toll) to him long enough and sufficiently enough to satisfy him.

And that's exactly what Chien is and does.

So it exists. This is now out of the issue.

This site had a poll that placed this product in a top 10. As such, this top 10 works as an endorsement as stated in the vid.

The number of people who voted for it is irrelevant. The legitimacy of placing amongst top 10 is not based on the number of people who voted. Going that way would mean that a guy could not be considered president when a quarter of potential voters voted for him.

The trailer does not read top 5, top 3. It reads top 10. This top 10 elected by this site is used as an endorsement.

This site endorses this product as shown by the existence of the poll.

No. There is no such thing. An example was given above, this would lead to dismiss a president who gets elected by a quarter of potential voters. It is not the case. It does not work that way.

This site had a poll. A fraction of registered people expressed their opinion. This gave a top 10. Dismissing any of them on the basis of number could lead to questions about the validity of the whole process.

A poll was held. It reflects the opinion of this site on a top 10. Any product featuring in this top 10 is as legimitate as any other. This site endorses the product.

Anyone still on the fence as to whether he's genuinely insightful or spouting nonsense can stop right here, at the top of his post. Trolling is the opposite of a group strategy. It's the attempt by someone… someone who feels small and wants attention…. to say something provocative or offensive or random enough to take attention away from those having a real conversation and turn it to the troll. It's just a little kid shouting "look what I can do" to his mother, modified for the internet age.

A troll is a creature who squats, alone, under a bridge, demanding a toll to pass. In this case, the bridge is the passage from one meaningful element of discussion to the next, and the troll's goal is to interrupt that flow until people pay attention (the toll) to him long enough and sufficiently enough to satisfy him.

And that's exactly what Chien is and does.

Attention seeking should be dismissed after all these years. Suggesting to put on ignore list does not fit an attention seeking pattern. Zero issue with being on the ignore list of every other poster on this site.
Apparently, though, people have troubles coming to that simple solution.

Yet an ignore list is a powerful tool to test that attention seeking stuff.

Interrupting a flow is by far more efficient when performed by a group of people than a person.

Interrupting the flow also does not fit the pattern of anyone speculating against things likely to happen.

Trolling has very little meaning. A few cases went to the institutions of justice.
They might refer as trolling as a collective attempt to suppress a person's opinion by ganging on that opinion. The idea is to make enough noise to cover that opinion.

As so often in the american system, a projection issue.

Grimoire is sort of cool as an archaic throwback title.

As for best indie RPG, that's hard to say - and obviously depends on what you consider indie.

If we're talking about very small team CRPG - I'd probably lean towards Underrail as a more impressive accomplishment, and an infinitely more compelling gaming experience.

That's not to say that Grimoire isn't a very interesting game, though.

Back
Top Bottom