What games are you playing now?

I like Dragon Wars too :)
But currently I'm playing Styx: Master of Shadows. The game is rather old but still very cool

Also, I tried playing Mass Effect 2 again, because - after ME:A - I was really keen for more in that style, but I was quite shocked at how bad it was.

Everything about it was just.... shoddy compared to ME:A. Particularly, the writing. I honestly don't remember it being that bad.

Not sure what happened since 2010 - but it has aged very, very poorly - as far as I'm concerned. The gameplay is ultra simplistic and the writing is teen-level Hollywood.

It makes the hate for ME:A that much more of a mystery to me.

After spanking Shining the Darkness thoroughly, I've made my way back to the Tower of Time. Still romping around on the fifth floor, and having a great time. I like how viewing the map lets you know if you've missed any available quests or hidden areas, that's a nice touch to keep me wandering around so I don't miss anything.

I got back to Titan Quest, trying the surprisingly recent "Ragnarök" expansion (from 2017?). I'm glad they have the option to increase the game speed, I probably would be disinclined to continue this otherwise. Trying the "new" throwing weapons with a runemaster / earth build.

Portia.
Used the whole weekend for it. And I'm addicted. Simplistic on outside, complex inside.
One thing is sure, it's not Stardew Valley. While starting similar, turns into a completely different beast.

@porcozaur;
I can really recommend the dual wield machine gun thrower (runemaster + earth). To be fair, I'm only second act. So the difficulty bump is still to come. ;)

3030 deathwar. it's pretty decent i guess, i don't get all the mechanics just yet.. best music i've heard in a game for a long time.

Yub, if just the controls wouldn't be that bad (and you cannot reconfig them in game).
Highly recommend to abuse your mouse driver to swap out mouse buttons. ^^

I've gotten to the sixth level of the tower in Tower of Time, and the monsters and puzzles are definitely ramping up in terms of difficulty. For the first time I had to level up to attempt a few scary looking creatures. At least they made the trip back to town as easy as it could possibly be.

Yub, if just the controls wouldn't be that bad (and you cannot reconfig them in game).
Highly recommend to abuse your mouse driver to swap out mouse buttons. ^^

I don't mind the controls.
One thing which is strange / moronic is that the controls are nowhere to be listed on a screen in the Options. Instead you get "hints" on the loading screen that you can use this or that key. 10 years in the making and tons of updates and a "Redux" and a very active dev (replied to my questions within 1 hour) makes it even more strange. Are we supposed to write down controls as we seem them on a piece of paper?

The game is quite fun, but it's also similar to games like NMS, after a while it does get a bit samey, missions are similar, stations looks the same pretty much.. but i'm not very far into the game, maybe it opens up more and makes you feel like you can earn income in more ways and do more stuff. Right now it seems like missions is really the only way (4h in). I've not ran into any real surprises either, everything is rather predictable so far, WYSIWYG pretty much.. upgrades to the ship seems very limited, i think i have them all already unless it changes as you progress into the game.

Yeah...I think it stays that way. Finished the game, but don't remember much else.
It had a main campaign to follow though.

I think the developer mentioned that due to the engine remapping the keys wouldn't be possible, which sounds pretty insane to me.

That will change, Kordanor, especially when you leave settlements and just strike out across the wilderness. Always keep two-three escape paths foremost in your mind, it will serve you well.

Tried Wargroove, but nah, refunded. I don't think i'm in the mood for cute graphics, never mind the SJW-ness of it.. it's probably a decent game, but even something like Battle of Wesnoth seems better + it's free.
I think i'll just purchase the battle brothers DLC instead.

Need For Speed (2015) for a franchise that's been around for 30 years or so, why does it still rely on cheaty AI? I prefer the emphasis on street events like NFSU/NFSU2 (my choice for series highpoint) but could do without the yo,yo,yo sideways-hat brigade cut-scenes.

Back
Top Bottom