Pricewatch!

Starts good but quickly loses the course and falls into overall mediocrity.
Worth 10 bucks though.
I can't compare it to Dark Souls as I've never bought Dark Souls.

Warner Bros games has joined the GOG family with the following games (which are on sale because of that):
- Bastion
- F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon - The Complete Trilogy (Platinum Collection)
- LEGO Batman
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7
- Mortal Kombat 1-3 Bundle

I don't know if it's just because I played it several years after it came out, but FEAR never did anything for me. Maybe it changes a few hours in, but I thought it was a fairly generic, dull shooter.

I loved F.E.A.R. It's definitely a classic in my book. Too bad the sequels didn't live up to the original.

I don't know if it's just because I played it several years after it came out, but FEAR never did anything for me. Maybe it changes a few hours in, but I thought it was a fairly generic, dull shooter.

It could be the time when you played ... because I am totally with JDR - one of my absolute fave modern shooters.

It could be the time when you played … because I am totally with JDR - one of my absolute fave modern shooters.

I do wonder if it's the time delay, but I was also never into either Half Life game, so I'm obviously a bit different from the norm in my FPS tastes.

In non-video game sales, there's a sale on old D&D books going on at RPGNow/DriveThruRPG. They haven't re-released all the old ones yet, but there are enough to satisfy most of your old school cravings.

I'm the weirdo who even liked the F.E.A.R expansions and F.E.A.R 2 but part no. 3 was definitely on the weaker side of things. Still not an entirely bad game but it's certainly not a must-have and only for fans of the series.

JDR, how many years have we been waiting for Harry Potter to hit GOG? Hallelujah! ;)

BTW, the FEAR games were pretty darn good. Really require some tactics (at least on harder difficulties).

Last edited:
What separates FEAR from other shooters (in addition to the atmosphere and bullet time ofcourse) is the enemy AI - it was (and probably still is) one of the best in FPS gaming.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-VALKYRIAC/valkyria-chronicles
-50% off (10€).
A rare proper port of a nearmasterpiece game where the publisher respects both the platform and the audience, you don't have a feeling you need a controller to make the game playable.
I recommend playing with japanese audio and english subtitles.

I enjoyed Valkyrie a lot, with sound off and Tool blasting in the condo. I think I switched up to some Cradle of Filth when the fighting got intense =))). Of course, subtitles ftw!

The price went up and its now $19.99. You still save half off the regular price.

Steam is doing a co-op sale this weekend. Saints Row games are 75% off. Serious Sams are 80% off. Portal 2 is 75% off. Gauntlet is half off. There are quite a few more but no Divinity:OS. http://store.steampowered.com/sale/valentine/

Another week on Steam. This week:

Rollers of the Realm is 30% off
Sacrifice is half off
Victoria 2 is 75% off

and there's 97 other deals.

Another week on Steam. This week:

Rollers of the Realm is 30% off
Sacrifice is half off
Victoria 2 is 75% off

and there's 97 other deals.
Crusader Kings 2 is also 75% off, but I guess if by now you haven't bought one of the two best games ever made in the history of humankind (the other one being Europa Universalis 4, both in the top 5 in the whole universe), then you probably are just a crazy person and don't want to buy it.

Bundle Stars has a new bundle up called Trinity.

And for $2.49 you get Legend of Aeththereus and 9 other games. The most notable being Stronghold 3 gold. L of E is still going for 30 bucks on Steam, but the reviews are mostly negative. A number of Steam reviewers stated wait for the game to get into a bundle.

Well, at your service . . .

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/trinity-bundle/

L of E is still going for 30 bucks on Steam, but the reviews are mostly negative. A number of Steam reviewers stated wait for the game to get into a bundle.

I got it last year in a different bundle, and I have to agree with those reviews. It's pretty terrible.

Back
Top Bottom