Witcher Need Feed back

The Witcher

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
My 10 year old son really wants to play the witcher. What does anyone think? He is a very good child, good in school, lots of sports. I know I started with Ultima3 at 13, that being said the witcher is much more mature. Plus I would have to let him use my Alienware computer to play it, I don't even let my wife touch it....

10 years? I'm not sure that's old enough. He might be able to handle the violence (you can say its medieval fantasy, there's a war going on, yadda-yadda), but collecting one night stands and making complicated moral decisions?

Maybe let him try it while you're there and hope he gets bored. Or negotiate him down to Divinity 2. Dragons are cool and much more harmless than witchers.

My kids aren't that old yet so it's a bit hard to image the maturity level of a 10 year old, but my initial reaction is that it's too young. Not necessarily because of the scary content - although I can't imagine that it wouldn't give him nightmares - but more for the mature content, i.e. the sex scenes, prostitutes, etc.

I played some pretty nasty games from ~ 14+ but times have changed, the violence is a lot more graphic, and the adult themes are a lot more... adult.

Something that I will try to factor in when I'm dealing with these issues is whether or not his friends are playing it. If yes then he'll play it one way or another anyway, and in that situation I think it's better that he feels he can openly discuss it and ask questions about it.

Good luck!

Thank you ,
My thoughts about the game is yes I know it is very mature but the choice you have to make in i find can really show what sort of person you are. I know what Ultima 4 did for me as a person on vitures. I find in alot of RPGS there are the same sort of life choices in them. Do you side with this or do you do that…and then in the game you have to live with that. As for the hookers and the drugs in the game I don't know. But he does know that hard drugs are for losers the sex well…grrrrrrrrr.
Maybe it is the complicated moral decisions I think would be good for him....if he was to play a bit with me.
I have 6 of the 8 vitures from u4 tattooed on my legs....now that is an impression...

This is a tricky subject. While I'm not in any way a qualified voice in this matter since I don't have children myself, my gut-feeling is that The Witcher is a bit too adult-oriented for a ten year old. My advice would be to have him play other RPGs that have mature story-lines, but without the dark subject matter. Something along the lines of Kotor 1+2, which had interesting and intelligent moral dilemmas but didn't deal with intense subjects such as sex, rape, incest, etc.

This is a tricky subject. While I'm not in any way a qualified voice in this matter since I don't have children myself, my gut-feeling is that The Witcher is a bit too adult-oriented for a ten year old. My advice would be to have him play other RPGs that have mature story-lines, but without the dark subject matter. Something along the lines of Kotor 1+2, which had interesting and intelligent moral dilemmas but didn't deal with intense subjects such as sex, rape, incest, etc.

I pretty much think the same, maybe you should wait for him to grow up before letting him play it...
Oh, and don't forget to control that he downloads it illegally ;). (Just joking ofc xD)

Back
Top Bottom