Cyberpunk 2077 - A 'Blockbuster Franchise'

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer reports that Cyberpunk 2077 is even more ambitious than the Witcher 3 for CD Project:

CD Projekt touts Cyberpunk 2077 as a 'blockbuster franchise'

CEO Adam Kicinski said Cyberpunk 'is our new Witcher 3.'

CD Projekt spoke a bit about its big new project Cyberpunk 2077 at the Pareto Securities Gaming Seminar last week, describing it as a "true RPG" set in an open-ended world that's even more ambitious than The Witcher 3.

The presentation is very dry and as far as Cyberpunk goes there's really nothing new said, but the studio certainly doesn't appear to be interested in dialing back expectations at this point.

"Cyberpunk is our new Witcher 3, but even more ambitious. Our goal is to establish a new blockbuster franchise from the beginning. We work [in a] new universe, futuristic universe. We believe it's very appealing to players, not only RPG players—but this is [a] true RPG, like Witcher, like Witcher 3, for mature audiences. It's handcrafted, detailed, of course open-world, with open-ended gameplay ," CD Projekt CEO Adam Kicinski says in the video.

"Great game, more ambitious than Witcher 3, and we believe that we can aim [at] more ambitious business goals as well—of course, still having gamer-centric focus and quality focus as a main priority."

[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

CD Projekt Red: from the troubled (to say the least) release of The Witcher 1 up to the high stakes of Cyberpunk 2077. What an upward curve!!

Applauses to them !! :clap::clap::clap:

I am not in a hurry to play this game. I know I will need to upgrade my PC for this one and I am too poor for that :(

It's remarkable that we've known about this game for years, yet still know next to nothing about it. All we really know is the setting and that's an RPG. That's it. Everything else appears to be speculation.

So, just gwent and cyberpunk. Looks like CDPR will be irrelevant to me for the next 5-7 years at least.

I wasnt wowed by TW3 and a futuristic cyberpunk setting is a negative for me.

If they do like they did with the witcher and just focus on a cyberpunk trilogy its possible i could be too old or dead by the time they release another game i’d care about.

I’ll still keep an eye on cyberpunk, maybe they'll eventually release some actual information that will get me to over look the setting. We’ll see.

CDPR hasn't let us down yet, so I have to trust the hype. But if this were pretty much any other gaming company using words like "blockbuster" and "true RPG", I'd know almost for certain it will be a train wreck.

The amazing tech effects, weapon models and sounds were really neat in Altered Carbon. The idea of the silicon and carbon based artificially grown bodies and the consciousness transmission was also a nice move from Richard Morgan, the author of the novel. MUST BINGE-WATCH TV Show!

The book is different. The TV Show was overly dramatized and violence-enhanced in order to give the show momentum. The book(s) is surprisingly kinder and more human than the movie.

Also the massive amount of anatomically good looking naked actresses was a welcome feature! The more experienced of us could recognize the serious amount of naked body-casting that went into the show. I can imagine the long lines of would be actresses willing to take a small naked role in the show! The final, hired babes were excellent choices.

It had a couple of cons, but the enhanced cyberpunk ideas and mecha universe made the show addictive enough for a binge watch. Especially the creative special FX and weapons teams deserve praises! Altered Carbon is highly enjoyable and recommended.

CD Project must not offer anything less in quality than Altered Carbon or they are done! I can imagine how the entire Cyberpunk 2077 team was hypnotized by the show and were sampling and analyzing it like mad. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom