NWN2 NWN2 - Discuss the ending

Neverwinter Nights 2

What did you think of the ending of NWN2?

• I like the ending

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I agree it ended, but didn't like it

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • It wasn't a proper ending, nor did I like it

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Yoda!

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
I thought it was ok. I liked that it was more than just: "You beat the bad guy! It's over!"

One of my favorite parts of BGII was that at the end of the ToB expansion, it had a short story of what happened to each of your companions that was based on how you interacted with them and what actions you took during the game. I still think it is the best ending, with true closure, of any game I have ever played.

I got the feeling that they tried to do that with NWN2. Unfortunately, they chose the WRONG narrator for it, the voice just didn't work, and while some where cool (like Daegan's), it just seemed like there was not enough thought put into it.

I didn't mind that they more or less killed my character, I think that was kind of original, however they should have had all the companions escaping, then realizing you weren't with them. Maybe a little debate about what they should try to do about it, then based on your influence level on them, they either go their own way or search on their own for your fate.

I have to say though that the way the third Act played out, I was expecting a disappointing ending. The second Act was great, and felt a lot like BGII to me, but I felt the story really went downhill in III.

crybabies
finally finished the game last week and am quickly moving through the painstakingly awesome mask of the betrayer.

i'll agree that the last few hours of the game were well below the best parts of the game, but nearly all great things of length usually neither start or finish show. the best books, are often a chore to get into, and endings of greatness are even more difficult to achieve because when emotions and enjoyment are sustained at such a highl level throughout, how can one possibly hope to tie it up all nice and purty.

great games/books/etc force us to keep at it at much more fervous pace, which is also a bane because of the fear as the end approaches and the loss of continuation when were done that apparently is too much a loss of serotonin for some that pleasure turns to pain...

mask of the betrayer is one of the best rpgs i've played however, and as a party rpg second only to anachronox. though i thought the original was great, this is better in nearly every way. darker themes, less companions, better writting, more vivid settings, love the fact that there is no 'big bad guy', the narrotor sounds like joe frank!(confirmed it isn't however), and the music is done by the same guy who did bloodlines.

obsidian continues to rise with each game substantionally, can't wait to see what is next.

I'm going to kick off MotB next week, hope I like it as much as you did!

I didn't finished game yet but I've cheated and looked up at ending om youtube. I don't like it. It doens't always have to be happy ending but when I've found out someone I like betrays me and also pc finds that person dead in MotB.. I almost cried. Oh, I will reveal who it is. BISHOP. I'm sure most of you have guessed it anyway. He is the best npc in nwn2 and he just had to find peace in his death. Only romance I get is that boring casavir *sigh*

Actually, you can turn him away from his betrayel if your influence is high enough. Most don't have high enough influence with him, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not shown in whatever video you saw. :)

Edit: It's possible to turn him slightly regardless of influence, through a certain set of dialogue options, but I believe that was a bug. Normally it takes high influence.

there was very little i liked about bishop. picking on poor grobnar all the time just because he doesn't understand humour. i was able to get him to turn away from the battle in the end, though i'm not sure if there is anything that can be done about the situation in crossroad keep is there? purpleblob i'm not sure if you'll like him after that point. sand was the only one who 'turned' on me which was strange considering my high influence with him; mush have been simply a matter of having a higher one with qara i guess. my favourite character dies in the game regardless, but all the characters in the game have their charm and annoyances which make them all the more lifelike in my opinon. kaelyn is my favourite though out of both games as i enjoyed her passion for her mission as well as her demeanor. safira had more depth perhaps but was a bit too emotionless which maybe is partly explained by her back story.

by the way purpleblob you might like gaan in mask of the betrayer as he's a neutral character with his own vengences but unlike bishop he has honor and isn't evil.

I don't have MotB yet but I might get it soon...

and I suppose since your fav char dies I'm guessing it is shandra... ;)

Back
Top Bottom