Diablo 2

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
Curious if anyone has played it lately. I'm at the end of Act II and this is the first time I've played it. I tried it a few years ago but the resolution interpolation of 800x600 to whatever native resolution always left the game extremely blurry and dark. But that is no longer the case. I'm on a Lenovo Carbon X1 (1600x900) and the game looks very good on these modern panels. The amount of work Blizzard put into animations custom settings is pretty impressive and the music is stunning. Anyway I'm impressed and like managing my Amazon. I don't think this game needs a remaster and I wouldn't want to play it zoomed out any further anyway. Simple game but really deserves its reputation as the greatest ARPG. Just my opinion.

Totally agree. Played it last year for many tens of hours but did not complete it - messed up my inventory management in the latter stages!

I think that Blizzard released a patch a couple of years ago that updates the resolutions for modern hardware.

Beautiful game, addictive, highly replayable, and runs brilliantly on old hardware.

I thought it was fairly easy early on but its getting hard as nails. Fun though. I've done a few near naked runs to my dead body. Hilarious.

I'd love to replay it at some point, I keep hoping it will show up on good old games, but have yet to see it. If it is only ever available from Blizzard, I guess I just won't ever be playing it again.

Didn't care for D2 much. Probably because I'm not into multiplayer when it comes to that genre, and I wasn't impressed with the single-player campaign.

The respawning is a big turn-off for me. I realize it's a common feature in aRPGs, but I hate how even the bosses respawn in D2.

As far as I can tell in the non-quest levels. For grinding purposes for rare loot I assume.

I'd love to replay it at some point, I keep hoping it will show up on good old games, but have yet to see it. If it is only ever available from Blizzard, I guess I just won't ever be playing it again.

When you buy from Blizzard, you will get the whole download executable and can play DRM free once you put the game's activation code.

I have an ancient disc copy that I just pass around on a thumb drive any time I get a new laptop. Its self contained in one directory including save files. Ah the good old days!

Play Assassin, the rest are kind of dull in comparison.

I'm not bored at all. My Amazon is a tactics switching Bow/Javelin hybrid. I'm at level 28 in Hell now and play primarily bow even with only 6 skill points there. If the mobs close in they are in for a surprise with 16 points in Charged / Power Strike synergies. She is a bit squishy but has good crit, dodge and avoid. Took out Izual last night. This game is *leagues* better than Diablo III and looks & sounds amazing. What mood it has.

Yeah I died in Duriels chamber and sat stunned thinking I had lost all my gear for good. Forgot about town portals. Took a rescue run and a few more portals to take that thing down. The other times I've died is when I get hopelessly surrounded. I try to avoid that but occasionally get too brave leaping into a dark room :) Twice its happened because I adjusted gear and forgot to remap my skill and fought surrounded with a default attack. One thing I miss from D3 is the screen turning red when you are about to take a dirt nap lol.

Me to but knowing Blizzard it will be only sold, and playable on their own online service, just like the Starcraft remake that was released last year.

Guys the game looks stunning right now and does not need a remake. If you haven't tried it in the last five years you should. Display advancements make the game look like nearly native resolution.

Took out Diablo without dying this time. I really like my Amazon. So far the Lord of Destruction expansion is excellent!

Done. Baal's minion Lister was a tougher customer than Baal. His regen and knockback was punishing. And the Diablo fight was harder than Baal due to the red lightning hose. Excellent game. Very impressed. If you play action rpgs at all its really something to play the grandfather of them all. It really earned its reputation as the best of the genre. The action and atmosphere are bar none.

Done. Baal's minion Lister was a tougher customer than Baal. His regen and knockback was punishing. And the Diablo fight was harder than Baal due to the red lightning hose. Excellent game. Very impressed. If you play action rpgs at all its really something to play the grandfather of them all. It really earned its reputation as the best of the genre. The action and atmosphere are bar none.
Yeah it's probably one of my most played games and actually the first game that brought me into the rpg genre. I don't like action rpgs in that vein as much anymore though.

I feel they become bland if not played with friends. And I don't have many friends who play computer games in my vicinity anymore...

Happy you had fun. Was it the first time you played it?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I played through this particular game three times, and really enjoyed it. I'd probably replay it nowadays as well, but I wouldn't give a penny to Blizzard for it, so that is that. I'll settle for the memories!

Back
Top Bottom