The Emperor's Own - Alpha Teaser Free on Steam

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on The Emperor's Own which is described as a story-driven adventure game with RPG elements. The Alpha teaser for the game is available to try on Steam for free.

Volga Studios has announced that a free, three-hour long alpha teaser for its non-linear, narrative-driven adventure game with RPG elements, The Emperor's Own, is now available on Steam.

Set in an alternate universe inspired by the Russian Empire at the dawn of the nineteenth century, players take on the role of Imperial Secret Intelligence officer Cornet Alexander Obolenskii as he is sent on a mission to investigate rumors of mysterious and supernatural events in the borderlands.

[...]

More information.

I like the idea, but those animations need serious work and melee combat isn't a thing for me. Until I see bows and magic, it's a pass. Carni should like it though.

Oh, that's a surprise! It's nice to see they decided to go on despite the poor reception of their Kickstarter attempt. The demo looked good with a lot of dialogs and a pretty good narrative at such an early stage.

EDIT: I'm not sure DSOG was entirely on the ball, they probably saw the Gamepress release so fair enough. This demo was put on Steam during their Kickstarter in November-December, it was cancelled early January because they were far from their goal (since it was adventure, I didn't even try to post that in the kickstarter section here).

The news they posted on 7 Apr are encouraging:
We've been getting a lot of messages about the future of the project, and whether or not we're proceeding with development.

We're happy to say that the answer is YES! Right now we're working on the next chapters of The Emperor's Own as you may have guessed from the concept art and 3D models that we've been showing you.

Thank you all for your comments and positive reviews of the demo! Because of your support, a good number of people have heard about the game, and one of them like the idea so much, that he offered to finance the development.

Now that we no longer have to worry about finding money, we can finally focus on what's truly important: making the best game possible!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom